Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1285 Likes Search this Thread
11-13-2019, 08:30 AM   #301
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well, the more "final" it is the sooner it will be for sale!

11-13-2019, 08:34 AM   #302
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I'm not actually certain of that. I can't find the link that gave me that impression.

I look at the K-new image and I can't find a single clue that that screen won't eventually flip up.
My conclusion remains, its impossible to tell one way or the other. Speculating the different scenarios it could go either way. There are convincing cases to be made both ways. Neither can be absolutely discounted, so why not just drop the silly judgments and wait for the specs to be released? That would be the prudent thing to do. There is simply no information reliable enough to make purchasing decisions on, and if you're not making purchasing decision, why do you even care?

What is the point of even floating this assumption, besides disseminating possibly bad advice for prospective purchasers? As noted before, it's irresponsible.
I agree with this 100% people are getting hot under the collar over nothing more than a perception. When the camera is finalised there could be significant differences to the prototype. We will just have to wait and see and maybe stop jumping on anything we disagree with
11-13-2019, 08:45 AM   #303
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I agree with this 100% people are getting hot under the collar over nothing more than a perception. When the camera is finalised there could be significant differences to the prototype. We will just have to wait and see and maybe stop jumping on anything we disagree with
Times 2.

We'll just have to wait & see what Ricoh officially unveils as the final product.
11-13-2019, 08:45 AM - 1 Like   #304
Pentaxian

Fore sure, the screen will remain fixed.
There is no room for anything else.

11-13-2019, 08:49 AM - 1 Like   #305
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Looks pretty final to me.

Do I see any glue on my smartphone's screen? Yet the screen is glued.
Yes, modern glues are amazing. I smeared Gorilla Glue” all over the flash part of my KP when I accidentally turned it into several pieces .... but that is not what this thread is about. Norm is saying that we have concluded something about the LCD that we don’t actually know; we should see the “Release Version” before we argue and argue about these things.
11-13-2019, 09:05 AM   #306
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fixed lcd or not, we’ll see more compelling reasons for this as an upgrade/flag ship camera once the internal specs are revealed.
11-13-2019, 09:07 AM   #307

Has anyone come up with a plausible speculation as to the asymmetrical border under the glass of the rear screen on the left hand side? The only time in the past that the screens have asymmetrical borders is on the bottom of the screen and usually to have "PENTAX" or hociR branded there.

Last edited by Not a Number; 11-13-2019 at 10:52 AM. Reason: spelling :)
11-13-2019, 09:07 AM - 1 Like   #308
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
Fixed lcd or not, we’ll see more compelling reasons for this as an upgrade/flag ship camera once the internal specs are revealed.
Indeed!
11-13-2019, 09:12 AM - 1 Like   #309
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Yes, modern glues are amazing. I smeared Gorilla Glue” all over the flash part of my KP when I accidentally turned it into several pieces .... but that is not what this thread is about. Norm is saying that we have concluded something about the LCD that we don’t actually know; we should see the “Release Version” before we argue and argue about these things.
Gluing is, as you're likely aware, a standard way of fixing smartphones screens (because otherwise you'd need a frame).

The problem is, he's debating the prototype - which was seen in pictures and real life.
What makes you think the debate won't continue about and in spite of the real product?
11-13-2019, 09:31 AM   #310
Pentaxian

Gluing is, as you're likely aware, a standard way of fixing smartphones screens (because otherwise you'd need a frame).

The problem is, he's debating the prototype - which was seen in pictures and real life.
What makes you think the debate won't continue about and in spite of the real product?
Because right now we are guessing - then we will know. Right now we are still arguing "does it or doesn't it" - then the only thing to argue will be "can I use it".
11-13-2019, 09:34 AM   #311
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If it not a fixed screen, would users be happy with only a tilt up screen that allows a waist level like view, or is a full tilt-swing selfie enabling screen what is needed on this level of camera?
11-13-2019, 09:34 AM - 1 Like   #312
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Because right now we are guessing - then we will know. Right now we are still arguing "does it or doesn't it" - then the only thing to argue will be "can I use it".
Right now we know as a fact that the presented prototype has a fixed screen.

And rather than us pretending we know nothing at all, it's the other camp which should show some Ricoh-provided hint, anything to suggest the final product (expected next year) would be different. As things are, this is no more than a very remote possibility IMHO.
11-13-2019, 09:36 AM   #313
Pentaxian

Looks pretty final to me.

Do I see any glue on my smartphone's screen? Yet the screen is glued.
A final pre-production model? Where they have confirmed there will be changes? Do you now see how ridiculous that is?

But humour me. The gap that goes all the way around the back screen, with the little knob on the bottom... what exactly is that for?
It's OK if you just say you don't know, because that's the case whether you invent something or not.
11-13-2019, 09:41 AM   #314
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
If it not a fixed screen, would users be happy with only a tilt up screen that allows a waist level like view, or is a full tilt-swing selfie enabling screen what is needed on this level of camera?
I'd be fine with either.
11-13-2019, 09:42 AM - 1 Like   #315
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Has anyone come up with a plausible speculation as to the asymmetrical border under the glass of the rear screen on the left hand side? The only time in the past that the screens have asymmetrical borders is on the bottom of the screen and usually to have "PENTAX" or hicoR branded there.
Not so much a reason as an observation - the GRiii has the same.amd it's the only Ricoh or Pentax touch screen, so it might be somewhere to put some electronics of some sort required for that
Closed Thread