Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1285 Likes Search this Thread
11-13-2019, 10:04 AM - 2 Likes   #316
Pentaxian

Think so yes.
And the screen surface and lack of reinforcements prove it is fixed.
Check on KP...

11-13-2019, 10:07 AM - 2 Likes   #317
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
A final pre-production model? Where they have confirmed there will be changes? Do you now see how ridiculous that is?

But humour me. The gap that goes all the way around the back screen, with the little knob on the bottom... what exactly is that for?
It's OK if you just say you don't know, because that's the case whether you invent something or not.
Sorry, I meant to say "fixed"; although the camera looks too well finished to be just a design test.
I never said "final pre-production" though.

There is no gap. That's just a screen glued on the camera.
No offence, but people who saw "indentations" should tune it down a little.
11-13-2019, 10:41 AM - 2 Likes   #318
Pentaxian

(...)

I look at the K-new image and I can't find a single clue that that screen won't eventually flip up.
(...)
You are looking at the K-new image, some of us (me included) have seen the camera itself. Its screen is fixed.
11-13-2019, 10:44 AM   #319
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Has anyone come up with a plausible speculation as to the asymmetrical border under the glass of the rear screen on the left hand side? The only time in the past that the screens have asymmetrical borders is on the bottom of the screen and usually to have "PENTAX" or hicoR branded there.
The Ricoh GR III screen includes the same asymmetrical border, except it's on the right hand side. i take it it has something to do with it being a touchscreen.

11-13-2019, 10:50 AM   #320
Pentaxian

A final pre-production model? Where they have confirmed there will be changes? Do you now see how ridiculous that is?

(...)
A working sample with the exterior finish of a (pre-) production model. I was quite impressed by the quality of the finish when I saw the camera last week.

The sentence 'Design and specifications are subject to change without notice' is pretty standard when Ricoh showcase or publish the picture of a 'reference product', as they say.
11-13-2019, 10:56 AM   #321
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
I'd be fine with either.
A waste level viewfinder is what I use 95% of the time. There have only been a few times I've held the camera dpi over my head for a shot.
11-13-2019, 10:57 AM   #322

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
take it it has something to do with it being a touchscreen.
Touchscreen would make sense, the additional electrical traces have to go somewhere

11-13-2019, 11:31 AM - 2 Likes   #323
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Not so much a reason as an observation - the GRiii has the same.amd it's the only Ricoh or Pentax touch screen, so it might be somewhere to put some electronics of some sort required for that
What a pain a touch screen would be, I'd have to put on my reading glasses every time I wanted to use it.
11-13-2019, 11:53 AM   #324
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I had a touch screen on an Olympus stylus 1s and it was really good, but yeah norm, it was pretty tiny. I cand remember if I had the option to disable it, it wasn't an option I looked for. There were times though when my sausage fingers selected the option next to the one I wanted. Touch screen is another one that is on trend so its inclusion wouldn't surprise me
11-13-2019, 11:54 AM   #325
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
Saw this comment on the 43rumors site.....Pentax, The Camera Company of Perpetual Doom.. Sounds a bit more upscale than plain Pentax is Doomed.
That's just the difference between a tagline and motto.
11-13-2019, 11:55 AM   #326
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
That's just the difference between a tagline and motto.
We are trying to nail the goth market
11-13-2019, 11:55 AM   #327

Ugh... touch screens have such a propensity for getting all schmutzig, does that really fit with a nice DSLR?
11-13-2019, 11:57 AM   #328
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I got my k3 and kp 2 years after the release date (when the price had dropped) so, K new will be 2022
I'm historically in the same boat, though I'm chomping at the bit for the K-New. I know I won't buy it straight out of the gates
but only time will tell how long I will hold off.
11-13-2019, 11:58 AM - 1 Like   #329
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
If it not a fixed screen, would users be happy with only a tilt up screen that allows a waist level like view, or is a full tilt-swing selfie enabling screen what is needed on this level of camera?
The I'm not sure I have ever seen a screen such as I understand you to be describing. KP has what I have been referring to a a "flipping" screen -

photo 1: flip it up 90 degrees and you can take 'waste level' or higher photos {I hold at more like chest level when I'm taking Street Photos}
photo 2: flip it down 45 degrees are you can take photos above your head {such as I would take over a fence or in a crowd}

but it doesn't go any further in either direction to take "selfies"
Attached Images

11-13-2019, 12:01 PM   #330
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Better bicycle tracking would be helpful too!;):
Always. If they would just slap 'Sony' somewhere on the camera, it might even receive a Lazy Bicycle Test.
Closed Thread