Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2019, 12:01 PM   #331
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
What a pain a touch screen would be, I'd have to put on my reading glasses every time I wanted to use it.
In actual practice, I'd expect them to keep the same buttons and dials they have now do you don't need touch if you don't want it - I'd expect them to have a menu option to turn it off so I don't hit it with my nose either.

11-13-2019, 12:12 PM   #332
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
You really need to use the quote feature. I tried, but I cannot find a reference to "FC".
Did you find it? Think Chicked, Fried......, in Kentucky.........
11-13-2019, 12:14 PM   #333
Pentaxian

The I'm not sure I have ever seen a screen such as I understand you to be describing. KP has what I have been referring to a a "flipping" screen -

photo 1: flip it up 90 degrees and you can take 'waste level' or higher photos {I hold at more like chest level when I'm taking Street Photos}
photo 2: flip it down 45 degrees are you can take photos above your head {such as I would take over a fence or in a crowd}

but it doesn't go any further in either direction to take "selfies"
That looks so sweet.
11-13-2019, 12:21 PM   #334
Pentaxian

That looks so sweet.
Then purchase a KP and be done with it!!!

11-13-2019, 12:24 PM - 1 Like   #335
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by redmenace Quote
Ugh... touch screens have such a propensity for getting all schmutzig, does that really fit with a nice DSLR?
They already get nose prints, so why not?

And I’m old enough to remember identifying that a woman owned a camera by the makeup-colored spot on the film door...

-Eric
11-13-2019, 12:25 PM - 1 Like   #336
Pentaxian

Then purchase a KP and be done with it!!!
I might miss out on something.
11-13-2019, 12:28 PM - 1 Like   #337
Pentaxian

Yes, I know .... and we hear that the Ricoh employees are so excited, while the people here are so anxious to find every possible fault.

11-13-2019, 12:29 PM   #338
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, still post to this even if you bought a KP. You can never be too sure of not missing something
11-13-2019, 12:29 PM   #339
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The I'm not sure I have ever seen a screen such as I understand you to be describing. KP has what I have been referring to a a "flipping" screen -

photo 1: flip it up 90 degrees and you can take 'waste level' or higher photos {I hold at more like chest level when I'm taking Street Photos}
photo 2: flip it down 45 degrees are you can take photos above your head {such as I would take over a fence or in a crowd}

but it doesn't go any further in either direction to take "selfies"
I think the other style of screen is what I understand to be a more articulating screen on the K70 and K-S2, which I believe can be turned to be front facing. One style that hasn't been suggested is the tethered screen of the K1 ........ Not that I am getting into the flip screen/fixed screen argument
11-13-2019, 12:37 PM   #340
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
Yes, still post to this even if you bought a KP. You can never be too sure of not missing something
I have already earned a "Grand Raffle" ticket, but I plan on not claiming anything from that drawing in November - I will be part of the mob next month, however.
11-13-2019, 12:38 PM   #341
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That looks so sweet.
The silver kp is gorgeous, and guaranteed no touchscreen
11-13-2019, 12:47 PM - 1 Like   #342
Veteran Member

Not to me it doesn't. And the only real evidence is on my side.
The evidence against is some guy who saw a pre-production model that he was told was going to change, says the pre-production model doesn't have one. But he was warned, change was going to come. We just don't know what change.
Your stubborn optimism is truly awe inspiring. I particularly like your stance that evidence based on a photo is stronger than evidence
based on first hand inspection of the camera.

I'm on the fence here in regards to a flippy screen. Not having one hasn't hampered me as far as I'm aware, but I can see its
potential use. If the K-New has a flippy screen, I imagine I might use it. Then again, I once had a smart phone with a slide out
keypad. I thought it would be very useful and assumed I would prefer it to typing on the screen. No dice. I eventually even
forgot the phone had that feature.
11-13-2019, 12:53 PM   #343
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
Your stubborn optimism is truly awe inspiring. I particularly like your stance that evidence based on a photo is stronger than evidence
based on first hand inspection of the camera.

I'm on the fence here in regards to a flippy screen. Not having one hasn't hampered me as far as I'm aware, but I can see its
potential use. If the K-New has a flippy screen, I imagine I might use it. Then again, I once had a smart phone with a slide out
keypad. I thought it would be very useful and assumed I would prefer it to typing on the screen. No dice. I eventually even
forgot the phone had that feature.
I don't use that feature as often as I thought I would, but it is very nice to have when I can use it.

On the other hand, I did discover the K-30 LCD can be seen from such an angle I could usually find some way of holding it to get the photo I wanted.
11-13-2019, 12:56 PM   #344
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
How would it be the easiest change? The back of the camera would need to be redesigned, a new mechanism installed (which also ties into the back having to be redesigned), new electronics put in and new circuitry designed and tested, new certifications obtained, more physical testing would have to be conducted, new molds cut, new CNC programs created. It would most definitely be the complete opposite of "easy." And it definitely wouldn't be quick. Unless, of course, you want the release date pushed back even further into 2020 and, worst case scenario, 2021.
Agreed on the redesign. I'll add, new back body molds as well as chassis mounts that can take the stress of the hinge will need to be designed.

HOWEVER, I'll throw out this possible carrot.......... It is possible all of this has already been designed and exists in a model variant not yet
shown to the public. Why the K-New has been shown with what appears to be a fixed screen is anyone's guess. But it is reasonable to
assume the model shown is not the only model that was produced along the course of development and it is conceivable a flippy version
has been modeled at some point.
11-13-2019, 01:08 PM - 1 Like   #345
Veteran Member

You will >always< miss out on something. As soon as you've plunked down your nickels you have outdated tech. Absolutely no
way to win, short of buying literally everything. Best you can do is pick the most advanced tech in your budget that has as many
features as you need. Added sanity bonus if you then look away from the rest of the tech out there, but I do understand the addiction
to stay immersed.
Closed Thread