Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2019, 07:11 PM   #376
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Do you believe that the K-1ii "is not countable, because it's just minor upgrade over" K-1??
that exactly what I said, didn't I ?

11-13-2019, 08:00 PM   #377
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by panonski Quote
anyone who believes adding the ‘accelerator’ is a ‘minor update’ either doesn’t understand what the ‘accelerator’ does or doesn’t understand meaning of the word “minor”. I could not understand how so many people could call it a “facelift” .... and as more and more members truly understood the addition, suddenly we had battle after battle in this very section over that “facelift” - only now it was a major issue.
11-13-2019, 08:07 PM - 1 Like   #378
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
anyone who believes adding the ‘accelerator’ is a ‘minor update’ either doesn’t understand what the ‘accelerator’ does or doesn’t understand meaning of the word “minor”. I could not understand how so many people could call it a “facelift” .... and as more and more members truly understood the addition, suddenly we had battle after battle in this very section over that “facelift” - only now it was a major issue.
Are you sure the K-3ii has the accelerator? They did ad Pixel Shift, the accelerator was first added in the K-70.
11-13-2019, 08:08 PM   #379
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Are you sure the K-3ii has the accelerator? They did ad Pixel Shift, the accelerator was first added in the K-70.
I was comparing the K-1 and the K-1ii.

Please look at #376

11-13-2019, 10:00 PM   #380
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The accelerator in the k new should be the third generation, maybe Ricoh will finally give an On-Off option
11-13-2019, 10:21 PM   #381
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
The accelerator in the k new should be the third generation, maybe Ricoh will finally give an On-Off option
The Mystery Button!
11-14-2019, 12:12 AM   #382
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
Appreciate both your feedback. I rarely have need for dual card slots but I've gotten very used to having that feature. I could live without it if
pressed. I can say I've had a card fail and thus the back up card was a lifesaver, but that's only ever happened once to me.

As for the battery, I've been doing a lot of product style photography the past two years. Camera on tripod, Live View continually on, hundreds
of shots at a time. I have one battery in the camera, one charged backup and one in the charger. And yet it still feels like I'm continually
changing battery. Realistically I change the battery once, maybe twice over the course of a full day of hundreds of shots. It is potentially
manageable with a smaller battery but nonetheless I have no desire to change batteries even more frequently than I already do.

If for some reason the K-New is released and it just doesn't measure up I will most certainly get a KP. Not sure what could possibly
come up short, perhaps no toast function For the moment, I've been waiting too long to not wait and see and my K-3 is still
doing just fine.
You could always get the battery grip, at an eyewatering $200, that takes the bigger battery

---------- Post added 11-14-19 at 12:25 AM ----------

You said it about the K3 & K3ii but I didn't see the K1 &K1ii. Didn't the K1 upgrade require a new board?

I think some people are only counting new bodies as separate models and discounting same body upgrades and I understand why. I have read here and in reviews that the K3ii, whilst adding features that you may or may not need, wasn't SIGNIFICANTLY better than the K3, and I have also read that initially the K1ii was worse. As I have neither to compare I cannot comment on accuracy, it is purely what other people have written. My personal view is the upgraded versions are sold as a different model, so they constitute one

11-14-2019, 05:26 AM - 1 Like   #383
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
You could always get the battery grip, at an eyewatering $200, that takes the bigger battery
I own the K-3 battery grip. It was bundled with the camera when I purchased it. I never use it because I don't like the additional
bulk. I doubt I would use a grip with the KP either, even if I also got it free with purchase.

I guess we're all particular in our own little ways. :P
11-14-2019, 05:49 AM   #384
Pentaxian

I own the K-3 battery grip. It was bundled with the camera when I purchased it. I never use it because I don't like the additional
bulk. I doubt I would use a grip with the KP either, even if I also got it free with purchase.

Everyone have their own preferences. I'd like a grip on my cameras. It makes them look mean and powerful. That's just me I think.
11-14-2019, 05:59 AM   #385
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
mean and powerful
That's the image I go for myself when out photographing alone
11-14-2019, 06:09 AM   #386
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
Everyone have their own preferences. I'd like a grip on my cameras. It makes them look mean and powerful. That's just me I think.
I'll take stealthy and sleek mean over bulky and lumbering mean every day.
11-14-2019, 06:19 AM - 1 Like   #387
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

in photography terms, flash is far more usefull unit, I think majority of users can agree on that point....

--
I was nevere ever neded GPS - while flash is need...
I always try to be careful extrapolating my wants and needs to others. I've had a K-30 with a pop-up flash for seven years and I might have used it seven times. But I've used the GPS on my K-3ii a lot. I could probably be a better photographer using more flash, but I'm betting I'd be happier with a small external flash and a GPS than a pop-up flash and the O-GPS1.
11-14-2019, 06:29 AM   #388
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
You said it about the K3 & K3ii but I didn't see the K1 &K1ii. Didn't the K1 upgrade require a new board?

I think some people are only counting new bodies as separate models and discounting same body upgrades and I understand why.
The answer in #364 was better than mine. With Pentax, at least, you cannot use designation to determine whether a change is major or minor. For example, there was virtually no difference between the K-30 and the K-50. Ricoh provided a conversion between the K-1 and the K-1ii that involved a board change; I believe a board change would have also been involved in a conversion of a K-3 to a K-3ii, but there were too many physical changes to make it happen. In short, Pentax has had changes that were minor, but introduction of the K-3ii was not one of them. On the other hand, it looks like Pentax will not have introduced any new camera in over two years by the time this camera comes out, and more to the point, the “K-3 shelf” is empty.
11-14-2019, 06:34 AM   #389
Pentaxian

I'll take stealthy and sleek mean over bulky and lumbering mean every day.
I agree. Personally I use the KP without battery grip, but that is just me. I do not criticize those who use the KP in any form if that is what they need.
11-14-2019, 06:59 AM   #390
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a battery grip in a box too
Closed Thread