Speculation or fact?
QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Yes..
Indeed!
12-01-2019, 08:09 AM   #648
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
The 27th of February, 2020, is the first day of CP+.
Of course - thanks

12-02-2019, 01:47 AM   #649
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I woke up 12:01 a.m. last 27th to see if there was something new. Nothing new at all. We're just speculating. Speculating and speculating. But all the speculation posts are really fun.

Last edited by totsmuyco; 12-02-2019 at 05:30 AM.
12-02-2019, 01:53 AM   #650
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
I blame Adam...
I blame internet!
12-02-2019, 01:55 AM - 1 Like   #651
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
Anyone hear, see, smell, taste, touch anything new about the K-New?
You forgot at least one word - "dream".
12-02-2019, 02:05 AM   #652

Original Poster
One thins I forgot to say is that on Sapporo 100 years anniversary meeting, Takahashi said that " It's the hardest time now, and all Ricoh Pentax's staff are doing there best, the best of the best for this camera"
I Speculate that now they meet some financial or new technology problem on this camera, or on need for the top person to admit this.
For June on next year won't be good for both users and market, so there must be something not quite well.

12-02-2019, 03:06 AM   #653

Few hidden SW bugs can delay release for several months easily... I know our products. And we are not making sophisticated complex cameras, just actuators and control modules..

Not to mention supplier issues. If you are for example forced to replace motor with alternative supplier at the end of project, it easily kills delivery for a year...
12-02-2019, 03:19 AM - 5 Likes   #654

Some people seem to keep claiming that for the camera to turn up in summer 2020, which has not been confirmed, would be a delay from some earlier possible release date. I don't understand where this comes from. Ricoh / Pentax never stated the camera would come out earlier, as far as I know.
Similarly, while it might come out earlier than June 2020, it could also come out later. If so, people will probably complain about the 'delay' even more. There is no delay as long as the camera does not come out later than an official date. Such a date does not exist.
12-02-2019, 08:03 AM - 1 Like   #655
Pentaxian

Well next year even summer is more promising than the past three years. I'm hoping its sooner, but will certainly wait until everything is polished. I'd hate to see negative early reviews for the sake of the brand.
12-02-2019, 08:18 AM   #656

QuoteOriginally posted by Vmax911 Quote
Well next year even summer is more promising than the past three years. I'm hoping its sooner, but will certainly wait until everything is polished. I'd hate to see negative early reviews for the sake of the brand.
This is also a statement I cannot understand. What do you mean you will wait until its polished? Do you think you have an opportunity to get the camera before its polished? And would you be afraid that you might give it a bad review if so?
12-02-2019, 08:21 AM - 2 Likes   #657
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by xandos Quote
Some people seem to keep claiming that for the camera to turn up in summer 2020, which has not been confirmed, would be a delay from some earlier possible release date. I don't understand where this comes from. Ricoh / Pentax never stated the camera would come out earlier, as far as I know.
Similarly, while it might come out earlier than June 2020, it could also come out later. If so, people will probably complain about the 'delay' even more. There is no delay as long as the camera does not come out later than an official date. Such a date does not exist.
You're being overly logical, you know that don't you??
12-02-2019, 08:26 AM - 2 Likes   #658
Pentaxian

This is also a statement I cannot understand. What do you mean you will wait until its polished? Do you think you have an opportunity to get the camera before its polished? And would you be afraid that you might give it a bad review if so?
I don't want Ricoh to rush the release of the new camera and deliver the first articles with software bugs, then correct those bugs with a later firmware update. Some companies seem to use early adopters as beta testers (think cell phones). I would like the camera to be solid out of the gate. Pentax has typically been good with this.
12-02-2019, 08:26 AM - 1 Like   #659
Pentaxian

The "trial editions" that apparently are in use in Japan as we speak are not "polished". Their menus may not be complete, there may be software bugs the users are told about, {we know} that not all the buttons and dials are properly labeled .... but they are usable. Some of these things {like bugs} they may still be working on; others {like finalizing the buttons} may just be waiting for a decision by someone important.
12-02-2019, 08:58 AM   #660
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Presumably that decision is pretty close to being made if the introduction is to be at cp+
Closed Thread