Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1285 Likes Search this Thread
12-02-2019, 08:03 PM - 1 Like   #676
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
Last time I was in a KFC, there were no fries. The entire menu (other than beverages) consisted of fried chicken, cole slaw, biscuits, mashed potatoes, and gravy.
They wuz jus mashin yore taters......they got fires.

12-02-2019, 08:07 PM   #677
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
I blame entropy. Nothing succeeds entropy.
I have a theory that 95% of the internet is nothing but entropy...

-Eric
12-02-2019, 08:35 PM   #678
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
My point was believe only Ricoh/Pentax and not every internet rumor which pops up about the new camera. Because truthfully no one posting to the internet anywhere actually knows anything......its all pure speculation. Oh, I think they are further along than most know, but, whether they are or not is still fine with me. I can wait, I'm not one to run around chasing the new shiny electronic toys.
You are correct, of course, but Ricoh holds their cards too close to the vest. "Nature abhors a vacuum", and in the case of the vacuum created by Ricoh, they must expect rumors to fill in what they won't even hint at.
12-02-2019, 08:37 PM - 1 Like   #679
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Last time I was in a KFC, there were no fries. The entire menu (other than beverages) consisted of fried chicken, cole slaw, biscuits, mashed potatoes, and gravy.
Now they just put everything in a bowl and charge $5...

12-02-2019, 08:40 PM   #680
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Makes no sense, to me.
12-02-2019, 10:48 PM   #681
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My point was believe only Ricoh/Pentax and not every internet rumor which pops up about the new camera. Because truthfully no one posting to the internet anywhere actually knows anything......its all pure speculation. Oh, I think they are further along than most know, but, whether they are or not is still fine with me. I can wait, I'm not one to run around chasing the new shiny electronic toys.
If they’re showing what look like finished cameras there are probably professional photographers testing prototypes - maybe even production prototypes - under a Non Disclosure Agreement.

Essentially, if there are cameras in the wild under NDA’s we can be assured anyone who talks about the K-New doesn’t know anything and anyone who knows anything about the K-New doesn’t talk. Which is why my sig tag this fall and winter is . . . . .

But they’ll still need weeks of pre-release inventory build to meet the initial orders, which means they have to show samples to dealers to get the orders, which means they have to order components to have something to show, which means word leaks out right before the announcement; so eventually a rumor will be true.

Last edited by monochrome; 12-02-2019 at 10:53 PM.
12-02-2019, 11:52 PM   #682

You're being overly logical, you know that don't you??
I'd like to say 'there is no such thing!' In reality, maybe there is such a thing, but I can't help it

12-03-2019, 01:07 AM   #683
Pentaxian

...its all pure speculation.
Really! I always believed everything that is written online - not.
12-03-2019, 01:11 AM   #684
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Next, they will send everything through a blender and serve in a soup bowl and charge $4...
12-03-2019, 01:22 AM   #685
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by xandos Quote
Some people seem to keep claiming that for the camera to turn up in summer 2020, which has not been confirmed, would be a delay from some earlier possible release date. I don't understand where this comes from. Ricoh / Pentax never stated the camera would come out earlier, as far as I know.
Similarly, while it might come out earlier than June 2020, it could also come out later. If so, people will probably complain about the 'delay' even more. There is no delay as long as the camera does not come out later than an official date. Such a date does not exist.
I agree. Some people will be very unhappy if the camera is released in the summer 2020. They will have one thing less to complain about. Then they will probably complain about the name of the camera. Remember, can't take good pictures if the name isn't "correct".
12-03-2019, 01:41 AM   #686
Pentaxian

There will be some who will praise the camera and some who'll criticize it. Some who criticize it might buy it in the future. But the trolls will be here to put it down to the ground and trash it. This is pentaxforums after all.
12-03-2019, 02:28 AM   #687
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
I blame entropy. Nothing succeeds entropy.
Isolated systems spontaneously evolve towards maximum entropy.
12-03-2019, 04:06 AM   #688
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I thought they had potato wedges too.

https://www.kfc.com/menu/sides/seasoned-potato-wedges
12-03-2019, 04:22 AM - 1 Like   #689
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I thought they had potato wedges too.

https://www.kfc.com/menu/sides/seasoned-potato-wedges
Not at the time I'm thinking of. Fast food restaurants at that time minimized purchasing decisions in the interests of being able to move the stuff quickly. At McDonalds, for example, one's choices were limited to hamburger or cheeseburger, which Coca-Cola product you wanted to drink, and whether or not to get an order of (one size fits all) fries and/or fried apple "pie". Of course, at that time, the hamburger was eighteen cents, and three bucks would buy you a complete fried chicken dinner for four to six people at KFC.

I've never liked their fried chicken, so the last time I was in one of their stores was a long ago and far away. I think I've been kidnapped by extraterrestrials and transported to a different world, when I think back on what things were like then.

And, more apropos of the topic under consideration, I'll add my two-cents' worth: I don't want a new APS-C camera to come out. I may be compelled to buy one (unless, of course, it has a touch-screen or no optical viewfinder, then it can sit and rot for all I care, 'cuz I ain't buyin' one no matter what), and I love the KP just as it is.
12-03-2019, 09:57 AM - 1 Like   #690
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigDave Quote
Really, a name like K-FC? Anyone going to start the fried chicken jokes? Not all names work in all locations...
You skipped ahead, didn't you?
Closed Thread