Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2019, 08:11 AM - 2 Likes   #736
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by xmeda Quote
Or maybe lets go back to the subject.

Any insider info? Anybody?
This thread is about Arrival Date.

I doubt if anyone has any more information, so we should just take photographs with the cameras we have - then one day it will be here, and we will all know.

12-06-2019, 08:19 AM   #737
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
My rescue tri-color Corgi thinks she’s pretty perfect, seems to be a Corgi mindset :
They all think they're perfect

Bella
12-06-2019, 09:23 AM   #738
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I grew up in South Wales where lots of people had corgis. I could never get on with those dogs; bad-tempered snappy little b*ggers.
12-06-2019, 01:57 PM - 2 Likes   #739
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by subsea Quote
I had a friend whose favorite saying was "It's impossible to make things foolproof because fools are so ingenious!" Seems to fit here.
My sons favourite is "if you make the world idiot proof, the world will just create a better class of idiot!"

12-06-2019, 04:02 PM - 1 Like   #740
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
My sons favourite is "if you make the world idiot proof, the world will just create a better class of idiot!"
12-06-2019, 04:52 PM   #741
Pentaxian

I wonder if that camera under the glass is final. I've watched a video in one of the threads here saying that the camera design might change. If there will be a change in design, I think it will further drag the launching of the new camera. I hope that they already have an alternative design if there will be some changes in the current model.
12-06-2019, 04:55 PM   #742
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
I wonder if that camera under the glass is final. I've watched a video in one of the threads here saying that the camera design might change. If there will be a change in design, I think it will further drag the launching of the new camera. I hope that they already have an alternative design if there will be some changes in the current model.
We’ll find out at CP+ (or shortly before), with Ricoh keeping things securely under wraps, anything is possible.

12-06-2019, 05:05 PM   #743
Pentaxian

I'm guessing it depends on what the change is - presumably the testers are all Japanese experts. I don't know how good the Japanese engineers and others on the design team are at anticipating their needs. For example, I was part of an "air-traffic" project once; the project hardware had to be redesigned - hardware engineers had to locate keyboards that had internal lighting along with the original requirements .... somehow the design team had missed the fact that flight controllers expect to work in near complete darkness.
12-06-2019, 08:39 PM   #744
Pentaxian

Software touches would be minimal. Although I would vote for a flippy screen, I think modifying the design to include that would be a major overhaul.
12-06-2019, 08:51 PM   #745
Pentaxian

Software touches would be minimal. Although I would vote for a flippy screen, I think modifying the design to include that would be a major overhaul.
Regrettably, Ricoh has an ‘uneven’ reputation, at least here they do. The wording of that “disclaimer” could - or could not - be simply a ‘cover’ for physical “changes” - such as a flippy screen - that they have already made all the planning for.

Does your previous post mean that you are hoping for something like that? They have certainly left the opening for that.
12-06-2019, 08:54 PM   #746
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
At the very least, I would expect all of the buttons and dials to be completely labeled.

I would be disappointed if the top dial only had three settings...

-Eric
12-07-2019, 12:12 AM   #747
Pentaxian

I'd like a floppy screen. I hope they have a plan to accommodate it without delaying its release.
12-07-2019, 07:11 AM - 2 Likes   #748
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
At the very least, I would expect all of the buttons and dials to be completely labeled.

I would be disappointed if the top dial only had three settings...

-Eric
The top dial is one of several features that doesn’t make any sense as we have seen it. We will just have to wait for the final version and more complete information.

Last edited by reh321; 12-07-2019 at 07:18 AM.
12-07-2019, 10:07 AM   #749

Original Poster
Don’t worry, that’s just a prototype
12-07-2019, 10:13 AM   #750
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Karen the Star Quote
Don’t worry, that’s just a prototype
One of the things we are unclear about is the meaning of the word "prototype". We are unclear about how much might be added or taken away; we are unclear about whether they are really testing a new camera {and this very camera will go into production soon} or a new concept {and the actual production camera is six months away}.
Closed Thread