Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1285 Likes Search this Thread
12-18-2019, 07:23 PM   #841
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
A close friend of mine sent me a Japanese link (to my phone) which states that the release will be (at the earliest) Summer 2020.
A name has also been revealed and it's ummmm, I really hope they're wrong about this... K-FC.
There is a working prototype, and it seems that it actually is a fixed screen. However, the only image was of the front to show the K-FC badge, so who knows what the absolute final design will be.
One thing I do know though.... This better be an otherworldly camera if it's called the K-FC. I'm really trying to refrain from Kentucky Fried Chicken jokes right now. But seriously?! K-FC? Even the Japanese site said they were disappointed because the name was unpleasant.

Translated via Google translate

***PENTAX is developing a new concept single-lens reflex camera instead of the K-3 II successor this spring The prototype model was released in autumn as a “reference exhibition”.

The camera explanation plate on the reference display says, “The highest model of a K-mount digital SLR equipped with an APS-C size image sensor”, “Product name: undecided, release date: Targeted during 2020 In development, price: undecided. * Specifications and appearance are not final. "

The release date will probably be next summer (assuming development is progressing well).

I grabbed the camera with a hand in a certain place.
Yeah, it was a nice grip. Actually it is not compared with K-3 II, but it has a firmer impression than K-3 II.

Maybe it will be released with this external design.
The LCD monitor on the back was a fixed type, so it seems that some people expect that it will be movable in the product version, but there is no hope.

When I looked closely at the body, the camera name was hidden with black tape. I thought I would peel it off and see it, but when I was disappointed, I stopped because it was unpleasant.
That means that the model name was decided a long time ago.

This is the story about this product. If you talk too much, you will get angry again.***

Original SIte link

Last edited by Kobie; 12-18-2019 at 07:45 PM.
12-18-2019, 09:06 PM - 3 Likes   #842
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
A close friend of mine sent me a Japanese link (to my phone) which states that the release will be (at the earliest) Summer 2020.
A name has also been revealed and it's ummmm, I really hope they're wrong about this... K-FC.
There is a working prototype, and it seems that it actually is a fixed screen. However, the only image was of the front to show the K-FC badge, so who knows what the absolute final design will be.
One thing I do know though.... This better be an otherworldly camera if it's called the K-FC. I'm really trying to refrain from Kentucky Fried Chicken jokes right now. But seriously?! K-FC? Even the Japanese site said they were disappointed because the name was unpleasant.

***PENTAX is developing a new concept single-lens reflex camera instead of the K-3 II successor this spring The prototype model was released in autumn as a “reference exhibition”.

The camera explanation plate on the reference display says, “The highest model of a K-mount digital SLR equipped with an APS-C size image sensor”, “Product name: undecided, release date: Targeted during 2020 In development, price: undecided. * Specifications and appearance are not final. "

The release date will probably be next summer (assuming development is progressing well).

Yeah, it was a nice grip. Actually it is not compared with K-3 II, but it has a firmer impression than K-3 II.

The LCD monitor on the back was a fixed type, so it seems that some people expect that it will be movable in the product version, but there is no hope.

When I looked closely at the body, the camera name was hidden with black tape. I thought I would peel it off and see it, but when I was disappointed, I stopped because it was unpleasant.

This is the story about this product. If you talk too much, you will get angry again.***

Original SIte link
All of that was posted upthread weeks ago. K-FC might even have started in this thread...
12-18-2019, 09:38 PM   #843
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
What is in 10 weeks??
CP+ starts on 27th February....
12-18-2019, 09:39 PM   #844
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
All of that was posted upthread weeks ago. K-FC might even have started in this thread...
Oh.......

12-18-2019, 11:37 PM - 1 Like   #845
Pentaxian

Oh.......
Here is the origin of the supposed model name: New information about new flagship's selling date - PentaxForums.com

As you can see, the photo is shopped. And, yes, it was a joke.
12-18-2019, 11:50 PM   #846
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
Yeah, I mostly been trying to shoot with an old 4x5 camera and some random mechanical cameras. Great fun. And you can get some good results.
Now, *that* is shooting
12-18-2019, 11:51 PM   #847
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
It has been a long time since that was an adequate description of a Pentax film body; I had two of them - an "ME SE" first, and the metering of each was just fine.
That's what I say, too easy
External meter, go, go go !

12-18-2019, 11:59 PM - 2 Likes   #848
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don’t bother with that less than full frame stuff. Get yourself an 8x10 Deardorf and one of them new fangled extinction meters
12-19-2019, 12:26 AM   #849
Pentaxian

The blog post by Kimio Tanaka that you link is the one that inspired this thread and was quoted by the OP...

deus ursus answered you about the photoshopped K-FC.

As for the name supposedly being unpleasant, it's an error made by Google Translate. See New information about new flagship's selling date - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com for instance.
12-19-2019, 12:34 AM - 2 Likes   #850
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
CP+ starts on 27th February....
The tennis starts 29th December, lets get first things first in priority

https://hopmancup.com/

Last edited by beachgardener; 12-19-2019 at 12:46 AM.
12-19-2019, 03:14 AM   #851
Veteran Member

Original SIte link
I dont like chicken wings but interested in Knew anyway
12-19-2019, 03:45 AM - 1 Like   #852

Noooo that's a fake, you can tell by the white balance. This is the real one It's like the MG film Pentax I own.
Attached Images

Last edited by Martin KP; 12-19-2019 at 03:54 AM.
12-19-2019, 03:55 AM - 1 Like   #853
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Martin KP Quote
Noooo that's a fake, you can tell by the white balance. This is the real one
KG. Kriegsgefangener (prisoner of war) in German.
12-19-2019, 04:13 AM   #854
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Martin KP Quote
Noooo that's a fake, you can tell by the white balance. This is the real one It's like the MG film Pentax I own.
Is it Photoshopped?
12-19-2019, 04:21 AM - 2 Likes   #855
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
Yeah, I mostly been trying to shoot with an old 4x5 camera and some random mechanical cameras. Great fun. And you can get some good results.
4x5? As a “professional”, I don’t have time for a camera without rapid shooting, near-instant focus, and a good viewfinder...

So I was out yesterday with the Rolleiflex

-Eric
Closed Thread