Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2019, 04:35 AM - 3 Likes   #856
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
KG. Kriegsgefangener (prisoner of war) in German.
Weird. I was only thinking of kilogram.
One can always find something "inappropriate" about any name. Mankind will die of too much politically correctness.
(I know the name is made up, just like the others)

12-19-2019, 04:53 AM   #857
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Martin KP Quote
Noooo that's a fake, you can tell by the white balance. This is the real one It's like the MG film Pentax I own.
Well at least we now know (apart from the name) that the black tape is actually part of the camera
12-19-2019, 05:15 AM   #858
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And what it tastes like!
12-19-2019, 05:22 AM   #859
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Weird. I was only thinking of kilogram.
(...)
Kilogram is kg, not KG.

12-19-2019, 05:25 AM   #860
Pentaxian

Kilogram is kg, not KG.
And Kriegsgefangener is Kriegsgefangener, not KG.
Are we going to blame and mock Pentax for something we invented, again?
12-19-2019, 05:34 AM - 1 Like   #861
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Martin KP Quote
Noooo that's a fake, you can tell by the white balance. This is the real one It's like the MG film Pentax I own.
I like this one it means one more piece of the spec puzzle is revealed. The new Pentax will be the new reference weight for 1kg.

Pentax couldn't change their capitalised naming convention so the science world will change instead.
12-19-2019, 05:41 AM   #862
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
And Kriegsgefangener is Kriegsgefangener, not KG.
Are we going to blame and mock Pentax for something we invented, again?
This is totally off topic, so apologies to the other members, but KG is the common abbreviation for Kriegsgefangener. It's also what was written on the clothes of prisoners of war during WWII, on their back.

And nobody but you is talking about blaming or mocking Ricoh Imaging for this (a Photoshop job done by fellow Pentaxian Martin KP)

12-19-2019, 05:49 AM - 1 Like   #863
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
And what it tastes like!
I was actually wondering if any of those who have had access to the camera have actually tested this?
12-19-2019, 05:56 AM - 2 Likes   #864
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok, here is the straight scoop on the name! Ricoh/Pentax is going to supply ten small pieces of tape with various names pre-printed so you can change the name any time you want, additionally you can purchase sheets of pre-cut blank tape so anyone can print their choice of names for the camera. Now that's innovation, a name your own camera!!
12-19-2019, 06:12 AM - 1 Like   #865
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Ok, here is the straight scoop on the name! Ricoh/Pentax is going to supply ten small pieces of tape with various names pre-printed so you can change the name any time you want, additionally you can purchase sheets of pre-cut blank tape so anyone can print their choice of names for the camera. Now that's innovation, a name your own camera!!
Maybe the secret button on the rear controls the LCD or a mechanical system like rolling dice that change the name randomly everytime you press it

Last edited by redpit; 12-19-2019 at 06:13 AM. Reason: typo
12-19-2019, 06:45 AM   #866

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
Is it Photoshopped?
Yes I edited it in Affinity Photo. Pentax made a film camera called MG. KG is also the short for kurtgeiger a designer; the measurement for weight and a Knight of the Garter.

Last edited by Martin KP; 12-19-2019 at 06:51 AM.
12-19-2019, 06:54 AM   #867
Pentaxian

This is totally off topic, so apologies to the other members, but KG is the common abbreviation for Kriegsgefangener. It's also what was written on the clothes of prisoners of war during WWII, on their back.

And nobody but you is talking about blaming or mocking Ricoh Imaging for this (a Photoshop job done by fellow Pentaxian Martin KP)
How many know, or care about this irrelevant detail?

You are mistaken; the KFC episode was mentioned just the previous page.
12-19-2019, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #868
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
A close friend of mine sent me a Japanese link (to my phone) which states that the release will be (at the earliest) Summer 2020.
A name has also been revealed and it's ummmm, I really hope they're wrong about this... K-FC.
There is a working prototype, and it seems that it actually is a fixed screen. However, the only image was of the front to show the K-FC badge, so who knows what the absolute final design will be.
One thing I do know though.... This better be an otherworldly camera if it's called the K-FC. I'm really trying to refrain from Kentucky Fried Chicken jokes right now. But seriously?! K-FC? Even the Japanese site said they were disappointed because the name was unpleasant.

Translated via Google translate

***PENTAX is developing a new concept single-lens reflex camera instead of the K-3 II successor this spring The prototype model was released in autumn as a “reference exhibition”.

The camera explanation plate on the reference display says, “The highest model of a K-mount digital SLR equipped with an APS-C size image sensor”, “Product name: undecided, release date: Targeted during 2020 In development, price: undecided. * Specifications and appearance are not final. "

The release date will probably be next summer (assuming development is progressing well).

I grabbed the camera with a hand in a certain place.
Yeah, it was a nice grip. Actually it is not compared with K-3 II, but it has a firmer impression than K-3 II.

Maybe it will be released with this external design.
The LCD monitor on the back was a fixed type, so it seems that some people expect that it will be movable in the product version, but there is no hope.

When I looked closely at the body, the camera name was hidden with black tape. I thought I would peel it off and see it, but when I was disappointed, I stopped because it was unpleasant.
That means that the model name was decided a long time ago.

This is the story about this product. If you talk too much, you will get angry again.***

Original SIte link
Names, names, names. What's in a name? I just sure hope it won't be hilarious.

We will end up with chicken jokes and dead weight (kg.)
12-19-2019, 07:40 AM   #869
Pentaxian

I would like to see Pentax divert from this K-something naming convention. During analog era we had 'M's, 'P's, 'MZ's, 'Z's... how about, I dunno, CX?
12-19-2019, 07:44 AM   #870
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BarneyL Quote
I would like to see Pentax divert from this K-something naming convention. During analog era we had 'M's, 'P's, 'MZ's, 'Z's... how about, I dunno, CX?
Where does my "Super Program" fit in???
Closed Thread