Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1285 Likes Search this Thread
01-01-2020, 12:50 PM - 1 Like   #1036
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
So we needn't fear being an "early adopter"?
I wouldn't pay to be an "early adopter", but that is all about the money {am entered to receive one from Adam; I don't expect that to happen, but one can never tell}

01-02-2020, 12:43 AM - 1 Like   #1037
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I haven’t traditionally been an early adopter, but the K-New might change all that...
01-02-2020, 08:36 AM - 1 Like   #1038

QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
I haven’t traditionally been an early adopter, but the K-New might change all that...
Completely agree. I am also a "gotta get a good deal" kind of shopper. However, with Pentax DSLRs, even at full retail they are historically value propositions (see how I am starting to justify it!?) I have zero concerns about reliability or issues out of the gate; it seems to me that Ricoh is very good with firmware updates.

I've also always longed for a silver Limited Edition release; but I never could justify paying full retail. I might be tempted for this release (if they offer one). I am on my 5th year since my last new body and I intend on the K-new lasting me a long time too. We'll just have to see what the price is and what the features are.
01-02-2020, 04:06 PM - 1 Like   #1039
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I could go either way on being one of the first orders versus waiting a little. It's all going to get down to price and timing. Either way, I consider it inevitable, and certainly hope to purchase it within the first year of release. Might as well get on with enjoying it!

01-02-2020, 05:18 PM   #1040
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I wouldn't pay to be an "early adopter", but that is all about the money {am entered to receive one from Adam; I don't expect that to happen, but one can never tell}
I'm not an early adopter either, but now that I'm finally making at least a little money on what has been my hobby I will be looking for another body sooner rather than later and almost certainly another crop. I've about convinced myself that the K1's would not be an upgrade and better fit for purpose (entertainer and on-stage photos) considering the fairly small buffer and time needed to clear it, and nothing else Pentax offers is better than what I have now. No way I'm going to spend the money and time on putting together another set of good glass for another camera system so I'm firmly in the Pentax camp.

If the specs and first user reports are encouraging I may be one of those early adopters.
01-03-2020, 04:04 AM   #1041
Pentaxian

If that is a fast and reliable AF fast shooting continuous with dual slot card (so basically a K3-III with a really good AF) then i might get it early.
01-03-2020, 04:27 AM - 1 Like   #1042
Pentaxian

I will also be an early adopter if the first reviews are positive and will verify what we all Pentaxians expect from this camera. That is the well known Pentax IQ with a reliable and fully upgraded Af performance. This will be the camera to perfectly complement my K-1.

01-03-2020, 11:11 AM - 1 Like   #1043
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I bought the K-7 early and dealt with the overheating sensor until it was fixed in firmware. I bought the K3 early and had a few flippy mirror incidents until fixed in firmware. So have I learned anything? No not really I will order the K-new early and hope that if there are any issues they are dealt with in firmware.
01-03-2020, 11:35 AM   #1044
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Frankly I am amazed at the photos I see here on the forums

taken with various Pentax SLRs and Pentax DSLRs

that teaches me that you don't need to get the " best and brightest " to take great photos

of course, those who choose to get the " best and brightest " aren't wrong

if that is what they want to do, fine with me

I'm just not one of those folks
01-03-2020, 12:03 PM   #1045
Veteran Member

I wouldn't really expect anything till May to June myself. Often when Pentax starts displaying prototypes it takes awhile for them to be released.
01-03-2020, 12:09 PM   #1046
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
I wouldn't really expect anything till May to June myself. Often when Pentax starts displaying prototypes it takes awhile for them to be released.
In September, by analogy with the K-1 teasing process one could expect the K-New to be announced, with a full list of specifications, at CP+ 2020 and to be available by the end of April 2020.

Now...
01-03-2020, 12:42 PM   #1047
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
Frankly I am amazed at the photos I see here on the forums taken with various Pentax SLRs and Pentax DSLRs that teaches me that you don't need to get the " best and brightest " to take great photos of course, those who choose to get the " best and brightest " aren't wrong if that is what they want to do, fine with me

I'm just not one of those folks
Waddaya mean "best and brightest"? Pentax _is_ the best and brightest! 😁
01-03-2020, 12:59 PM - 1 Like   #1048
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by deus ursus Quote
Waddaya mean "best and brightest"? Pentax _is_ the best and brightest! 😁
The newest pentax camera of course
01-03-2020, 01:34 PM   #1049
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
The newest pentax camera of course
In this case, I took you to mean 'most capable' also. You {and I} would have absolutely no reason to get a "K-70 replacement", for example; even though it would be "latest", ex post facto, we have no reason for it to be "better" than the KP we already have, just as purchasing the K-70 did not eclipse to K-3ii even though the K-70 was more recent.
01-03-2020, 02:10 PM - 2 Likes   #1050
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
In this case, I took you to mean 'most capable' also. You {and I} would have absolutely no reason to get a "K-70 replacement", for example; even though it would be "latest", ex post facto, we have no reason for it to be "better" than the KP we already have, just as purchasing the K-70 did not eclipse to K-3ii even though the K-70 was more recent.
my point is that amazing photos, in my humble opinion, have been posted to the forums

taken by certain members using different SLR and DSLR Pentax camera bodies

getting the newest Pentax DSLR is not necessary for some to produce good photos
Closed Thread