Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2020, 05:19 PM   #1051
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
my point is that amazing photos, in my humble opinion, have been posted to the forums

taken by certain members using different SLR and DSLR Pentax camera bodies

getting the newest Pentax DSLR is not necessary for some to produce good photos
I got what you meant. And I agree. Many incredibly talented photographers here.

01-03-2020, 07:06 PM   #1052
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
In September, by analogy with the K-1 teasing process one could expect the K-New to be announced, with a full list of specifications, at CP+ 2020 and to be available by the end of April 2020.

Now...
Sounds reasonable to me.
01-03-2020, 09:54 PM - 1 Like   #1053
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Sounds reasonable to me.
May or June shipping date would be reasonable based on the K-1 initial shipment time frame. But, since nothing was promised by Ricoh, any date in 2020 is also acceptable. Surprises are always just that
01-03-2020, 10:02 PM   #1054
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
May or June shipping date would be reasonable based on the K-1 initial shipment time frame. But, since nothing was promised by Ricoh, any date in 2020 is also acceptable. Surprises are always just that
If they have to rework it with a flippy screen that could add 6 months to the eventual release date. That would push it back to November - so into the Christmas season like the K-3.

01-03-2020, 10:26 PM - 1 Like   #1055

If you wanna check the meaning for stuff in Japanese, I can help.
たぶん=maybe
The image just explains what they think will happen.
01-03-2020, 10:37 PM   #1056
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Based on their experience with then K-70, K-P, and K-1, I don’t think Ricoh would have any issues designing a moveable lcd in a timely manner if they see it as a profitable benefit. Hopefully there should be an answer to this and other questions at cp+.
01-04-2020, 12:22 AM   #1057
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hence nothing changes with respect to last week. Why should one be worried?

01-04-2020, 01:00 AM - 1 Like   #1058
Pentaxian

The big downside of most photography websites is that the activities on those sites are mostly driven by camera equipment contents that largely overshadow photography as graphical art. So when there is no new equipment announced, e.g some teasing and announcements twice a year, those camera communities get lost into nothingness. All camera review sites are like that, the photography content is rather skinny, it's all about new cameras, new lenses and specifications; gear topics drive 80% of camera owners not excited solely by photography, that's a major threat for maintaining momentum if camera companies don't keep making frequent releases of new camera models. When the camera market shrinks, the camera industry should be more active in nurturing primary demand via organizing workshops and events around photography unrelated to the release of new equipment.
01-04-2020, 02:10 AM - 1 Like   #1059
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I'm torn between:
- Getting that full frame I waited for years (but money is well...) but I have no modern FF lens
- Getting that K-New. It would at least 'slightly' upgrade my K-5 AF-C. I'll need AF-C to track my newborn daughter once she starts moving by herself.
- Just shoot her analog B&W with MX and SuperA. That would be fun too.
(because that cambo 4x5 will move too slow lol)

I'm torn. Really dunno.
01-04-2020, 03:29 AM - 1 Like   #1060
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
- Getting that full frame, Getting that K-New. It would at least 'slightly' upgrade my K-5 AF-C..
We live only once, get both and enjoy what both have to offer.
01-04-2020, 05:07 AM   #1061
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
If they have to rework it with a flippy screen that could add 6 months to the eventual release date. That would push it back to November - so into the Christmas season like the K-3.
Indeed. It would mean additional development costs though and (re)allocating the appropriate budget. On the other hand, the success of GR III and Theta cameras is giving them some 'oxygen', which they can choose to spend on further developing the K-New, accelerating the development of lenses and more.

In the end, the potential reworking of the K-New will depend on the feedback from distributors and retailers to which the camera has been presented. Much more than from the 'feedback' from forums such as this one I am afraid.
01-04-2020, 05:08 AM   #1062
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by glenrowell Quote
If you wanna check the meaning for stuff in Japanese, I can help.
たぶん=maybe
The image just explains what they think will happen.
Thank you. What's the meaning of this?

01-04-2020, 05:15 AM - 3 Likes   #1063
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
Based on their experience with then K-70, K-P, and K-1, I don’t think Ricoh would have any issues designing a moveable lcd in a timely manner if they see it as a profitable benefit. Hopefully there should be an answer to this and other questions at cp+.
It wouldn't be designing a moveable rear screen only. It would mean scrap the current moulds and pay for new ones, redo the EMR studies from scratch, re-initiate the certification processes from scratch and more. Quite a big deal with lots of money and time involved.

I'm not saying it won't happen. I'm pointing out that this is not as trivial as some people might think.
01-04-2020, 05:21 AM   #1064
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
I'm torn between:
- Getting that full frame I waited for years (but money is well...) but I have no modern FF lens
- Getting that K-New. It would at least 'slightly' upgrade my K-5 AF-C. I'll need AF-C to track my newborn daughter once she starts moving by herself.
- Just shoot her analog B&W with MX and SuperA. That would be fun too.

(because that cambo 4x5 will move too slow lol)

I'm torn. Really dunno.
if you can cope with manual focus, you don't need a very snappy AF-C. I would even suggest your giving a go at a rangefinder camera. Focusing with such a camera is very quick once you get used to it plus you get the additional benefit, with unpredictable subjects such as young children, to be able to see what surrounds the frame of your potential picture and react accordingly.
01-04-2020, 06:21 AM - 1 Like   #1065
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
It wouldn't be designing a moveable rear screen only. It would mean scrap the current moulds and pay for new ones, redo the EMR studies from scratch, re-initiate the certification processes from scratch and more. Quite a big deal with lots of money and time involved.

I'm not saying it won't happen. I'm pointing out that this is not as trivial as some people might think.
I agree with you, reworking the body to accommodate a flippy screen is a bunch more involved and costly than adding a hinge and a few screws. My personal opinion is that the body will not be changed with this model, but who knows.
Closed Thread