Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1285 Likes Search this Thread
02-25-2020, 06:36 AM   #1636
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Pentax have more room for improvement than others, typically AF, burst rate, 4K video (if any interest), and battery life (new battery? new more efficient processor and energy management, standby times..).
I don't see improvements coming on currenty state of image quality from Pentax sensor implementations. At this point in time, the only way I see that truly improve image quality is increase of sensor size (I don't buy into cramming more pixels onto the same sensor area...).
and I will look when it is in the store

until then - - -

02-25-2020, 07:30 AM   #1637
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
My K-3 at 135,000 clicks will last another 4 or 5 years.
The K1 (I only have K1/II) shoot less or slower bursts, means the shutter count doesn't increase as fast as with a fast apsc camera. I've reached 50K in 4 years for the K1, and that's counting lots of test shots I've done when the camera was new. Based on 10K per year and 200K shutter longevity, I'll need 15 years for my K1 and 20 years for the K1 II, by then I'm not sure if I'll still be able to take pictures.
02-25-2020, 07:44 AM   #1638
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
It's beginning to look like CP+ might have been another disappointing show regarding anything new - even information I know times are tough, but they don't get less tough by having nothing to attract new customers or hold wavering ones. Still hope to be proven wrong
We would have been about 2 days away from CP+ had it not been cancelled. We'll see what happens during the next few days.
02-25-2020, 07:48 AM   #1639
Pentaxian

My K-3 at 135,000 clicks will last another 4 or 5 years.

And there's a K-P if it fails early, which for most things is clearly an upgrade. When ever my shoulder is bothering me I think maybe I'll just go with a K-P in any case, because it's smaller and lighter. But currently, the odds of me doing anything before the K-3 dies are pretty slim. Especially since I have my K-1 and 80% of the time they are pretty much interchangeable.
K-new should appear before that.

---------- Post added 02-25-20 at 17:50 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
We would have been about 2 days away from CP+ had it not been cancelled. We'll see what happens during the next few days.
Dunno if anything will, since there is no show. So they don’t have to put a mock up up again. Next will be the actual thing. Happy to b wrong thou.

02-25-2020, 07:59 AM   #1640
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
It's beginning to look like CP+ might have been another disappointing show regarding anything new - even information I know times are tough, but they don't get less tough by having nothing to attract new customers or hold wavering ones. Still hope to be proven wrong
I am quite sure Pentax would have had nothing more than what we have seen by now.
If that is a "disappointment", then so be it.
02-25-2020, 08:02 AM   #1641
Pentaxian

Most of the forum is just time well wasted.
Right now, that is basically true.
This is a slow time for Pentax news.
My personal daily post count is down.
Little snow here this Winter.
Oh well.
02-25-2020, 09:27 AM - 2 Likes   #1642
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Right now, that is basically true.
This is a slow time for Pentax news.
My personal daily post count is down.
Little snow here this Winter.
Oh well.
That also read like a poem.

02-25-2020, 10:09 AM   #1643
Pentaxian

I started taking photos with Pentax Km - I used and replaced it with Kx for a short time, I was delighted with Kx, I used it for longer than Km, then I exchanged Kx for Kr and got the impression that it was worse than Kx in Km class and used the same short time like Km, swapped for K30, that was that, it satisfied me in every way, I also borrowed K3 for parallel use with K30, the K30 was a better focus in every way and other differences I could get over easier than with Km vs Kx or Kr vs K30, I saw no reason to swap the K30 for the K3, never used K20-K7-K5, when I swapped the K30 and stopped renting the K3 and sold all APSCs (Pentax DA: 12-24 / 4 + 18-55 / 3.5-5. 6WR + 17-70 / 4 + 50-135 / 2.8 + 55-300 / 4-5,8) and bought K1 + Spectrum7 MC 19-35 / 3,5-4,5 + Tokina ATX PROSV 28-70 / 2.8 + Pentax F 28 / 2.8 + Pentax F 50 / 1.7 + Pentax FA 80-320 / 4,5-5,6 (silver) + AF adapter smc x1,7 and borrowed DFA 24-70 / 2.8 + DFA * 70-200 / 2.8 and I made sure the difference was K1 (with the lenses listed) vs K30 / K3 (with the lenses listed) bigger than anything else in APSC format, I love K1 (I had no desire to replace it with K1ll) and Pentax started to fill the range I had in APSC format with the same lens class (finally 70-200 / 4 and make a new DFA * 24-70 / 2.8 and this old one is cheaper as it really is) I have to start slowly changing my "old good junk" for DFA lenses, the K1 meets all my amateur needs more than anything in the APSC format - except in the splash of writing to memory cards in K1 ( no more trouble / more effort because with enjoyment with enjoyment sometimes I officially photograph events and events for a little money) and so I doubt that in the next cca. 7 years or later (I have been using K1 for about 3 years) I will see some important reason for replacing the K1 photocell - I only see the need to get a DFA lens in the range of 24mm to 200mm (and a replacement that I own since APSC AF 360 FGZ for AF 360 FGZ ll), maybe most will disagree with my thinking, but over the course of time photographing with Pentax equipment I came to this conclusion for myself.
I hope you will not blame me on the lengthy text and my wishes about Pentax photo equipment.
Cheers!

Last edited by mbukal; 02-25-2020 at 10:42 AM.
02-28-2020, 03:14 AM   #1644
Pentaxian

As the CP+ had been cancelled, I'm wondering if Pentax has a plan to publish the news products (there should be some new products, right?) anyway…? Or will everything be postponed to a later event?
02-28-2020, 03:29 AM - 1 Like   #1645
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
As the CP+ had been cancelled, I'm wondering if Pentax has a plan to publish the news products (there should be some new products, right?) anyway…? Or will everything be postponed to a later event?
I wouldn't expect the cancellation of CP+ to move product availability dates, but I would expect it to have an obvious impact on what gets shown when...
So a near-final 85mm f1.4* might have been shown at the show, but we may never know, but if it was planned for a summer release, we'll still probably get a summer release.
Same with the KNEW... We won't see one to play with at the show, but it will come when it was scheduled to come, barring coronavirus-related delays on the production side...

-Eric
02-28-2020, 03:43 AM   #1646
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pentax in recent years has tended to release products when they are ready, not necessarily at the times of big events. I didn't really expect anything big to be announced at CP+ anyway -- just had more hoped that some Pentax employees would let slip ideas for when the 85 and K-new are coming and if we should be thinking about any other gear this year.

Probably they would have had the same K-new body under glass and the DFA *85 under glass as well.
02-28-2020, 03:57 AM   #1647
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Based on 10K per year and 200K shutter longevity, I'll need 15 years for my K1 and 20 years for the K1 II, by then I'm not sure if I'll still be able to take pictures.
The K-1 shutter is rated for 300K, so you have plenty more time!
02-28-2020, 05:12 AM   #1648
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
that some Pentax employees would let slip ideas
This reminds me of the planned interview with Pentax captaincy… Let's see if they release some news.

(My taxes refund is getting closer…:-))
02-28-2020, 10:54 PM   #1649
Veteran Member

To have a plan to show new products the first condition is to have new functional products (not just trinkets in a showcase).
02-29-2020, 12:40 AM - 5 Likes   #1650
Veteran Member

Can a moderator change this threads title to "No new information......... "
Closed Thread