Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1285 Likes Search this Thread
11-09-2019, 08:16 PM - 3 Likes   #1

New information about new flagship's selling date

When I read this I feel a little bad mood, from website 「デジカメInfo」, which means digital camera information, I've got a news said that the new APS-C flagship will on sell in Summer 2020, for me this means quite being delayed

Also, the news said the screen on camera will be unable to pull out, sorry don't know how to write that in English with single word , but I don't believe this

seems the information is from Kimio Takana's feeling about when he touch this prototype,
think about last twitter of him, he foreseen that camera's detail will be release on 2020, however it was announced just last month actually, so his utterance is not absolutely correct

you can also see more information with this link:
??????APS-C???????????????? - ????info
Photo of the Day 11?4?

Attached Images

Last edited by Karen the Star; 11-09-2019 at 08:29 PM. Reason: more information I've add
11-09-2019, 08:31 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Karen the Star Quote
When I read this I feel a little bad mood, from website 「デジカメInfo」, which means digital camera information, I've got a news said that the new APS-C flagship will on sell in Summer 2020, for me this means quite being delayed

Also, the news said the screen on camera will be unable to pull out, sorry don't know how to write that in English with single word , but I don't believe this

seems the information is from Kimio Takana's feeling about when he touch this prototype,
think about last twitter of him, he foreseen that camera's detail will be release on 2020, however it was announced just last month actually, so his utterance is not absolutely correct

you can also see more information with this link:
??????APS-C???????????????? - ????info
The news that the screen is fixed is something people have already come to based on public statements during prototype showings.

The scheduling news is disappointing assuming it is true. If it is true, then they clearly ran into problems that they are not willing to tell us about.

Added: does this feel to you as real news from a real source or as a guess based on weaker information??

Last edited by reh321; 11-09-2019 at 08:48 PM.
11-09-2019, 08:43 PM - 1 Like   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Based on the Google translate, the summer date is an assumption based on the blog author's (Nozomi Tanaka, not Kimio Tanaka*) notion of development cycle and the nature of the display model. I smell the fish of well-aged guesses and conjecture.

Google Translate | Digicame-info...which is a rehash of...

Google Translate | Photo of the Day Blog

Notice that they claim to have handled the demonstration model and peeled back the tape and found the name "unpleasant".

Steve

* Are these the same person?

Last edited by stevebrot; 11-09-2019 at 10:18 PM.
11-09-2019, 09:03 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Veteran Member

At least if it's black it really is new and not just a rebranding of an existing body. Also if they are having trouble with it that means that they are pushing the technology a bit which, if they solve it, means something interesting may yet be coming.

11-09-2019, 09:07 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well, people also said that we shouldn't expect announcements in 2019 and we had them so let's be patient?
11-09-2019, 09:13 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Glen Quote
Also if they are having trouble with it that means that they are pushing the technology
There is nothing in the post which indicates a push back on date or that the summer release is anything other than the blogger's best guess. Of course, I am depending on Google for translation and a native Japanese speaker may have some insight into the sentence translated below,

QuoteQuote:
The release date will probably be next summer (assuming development is progressing well).

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 11-09-2019 at 09:21 PM.
11-09-2019, 09:15 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Still waiting for some official news.

11-09-2019, 09:24 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Added: does this feel to you as real news from a real source or as a guess based on weaker information??
A guess based on very weak information.

Steve
11-09-2019, 09:31 PM - 2 Likes   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Based on the Google translate, the summer date is an assumption based on the blog author's (Nozomi Tanaka, not Kimio Tanaka) notion of development cycle and the nature of the display model. I smell the fish of well-aged guesses and conjecture.

Google Translate | Digicame-info...which is a rehash of...

Google Translate | Photo of the Day Blog

Notice that they claim to have handled the demonstration model and peeled back the tape and found the name "unpleasant".

Steve
I'm sure that blog belongs to Mikio Tanaka, trust me

---------- Post added 11-09-19 at 09:34 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
The news that the screen is fixed is something people have already come to based on public statements during prototype showings.

The scheduling news is disappointing assuming it is true. If it is true, then they clearly ran into problems that they are not willing to tell us about.

デジカメinfo is a website that Japanese camera funs are subscribing no matter which brand

This article is based on Kimio Tanaka's blog after he used this prototype

Not an official news, but we all know he has good relationship with Ricoh's high level management, that's why he can touch this camera
11-09-2019, 09:49 PM - 5 Likes   #10
Pentaxian

I do hope the delay is to fit a moving screen. I’m fine with a dopey name as long as I get a flippy screen of some kind.
11-09-2019, 09:59 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I’m disappointed that he peeled of the tape, and read the name but decided not to share it.
11-09-2019, 10:19 PM - 14 Likes   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Zooland Quote
I’m disappointed that he peeled of the tape, and read the name but decided not to share it.
Name? Here we are
Attached Images

11-09-2019, 10:20 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Lucky is the hand on that picture. At least he/she has held the camera.
11-09-2019, 10:38 PM   #14
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Karen the Star Quote
I'm sure that blog belongs to Mikio Tanaka, trust me
Got it! I reviewed past posts and it appears that much of his photo comments on the blog regarding camera product development are fairly speculative in nature. For example, it is widely understood that Canon intends to orphan the EOS EF mount except for a selection of flagship FF and crop-sensor cameras and a limited number of premium lens offerings. It is quite another for Tanaka-san to simply state that the new Canon 90D will the ONLY Canon APS-C SLR model (5 Oct 2019). While that may well be true, the assertion is hardly quotable. The same is true regarding recent musings about Fuji and Olympus lines and direction for those companies.

My opinion regarding the summer release date remains.

Steve
11-09-2019, 10:39 PM   #15
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
Lucky is the hand on that picture. At least he/she has held the camera.
That is the press photo from Ricoh.

Steve
Closed Thread