Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 359 Likes Search this Thread
12-11-2019, 03:33 AM   #466
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by parinya-ekparinya Quote
Too bad that some people believe this accusation about "Star Eater" without even looking at the images.

A few days ago, I attended the Pentax 100th Anniversary Celebration in Sydney, Australia. There was one guy who made a complaint to Japanese Pentax representative about the issue from the accelerator; he decided not to upgrade to K-1 II. He went further by complaining about how terrible of the autofocus on K-1 and even stated that the APS-C cameras are all craps. He told the Japanese Pentax representative that we will move to Sony if Pentax does not release a new full-frame camera with superior autofocus.
Did he get a polite reply?

12-11-2019, 06:53 AM - 2 Likes   #467

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Did he get a polite reply?
Of course, the Japanese Pentax guy was really polite to the customer. He said, "Pentax will continue to improve the capabilities of its full-frame camera lineup" or something along these lines. I couldn't remember the exact words though.

Nevertheless, the Pentax representative also gave a hint in a conversation with another guy that one should not expect to see a new Pentax full-frame camera in 2020. Such a piece of that information isn't new to many people here anyway.

Last edited by parinya-ekparinya; 12-11-2019 at 07:03 AM.
12-11-2019, 07:33 AM   #468
Pentaxian

Too bad that some people believe this accusation about "Star Eater" without even looking at the images.

A few days ago, I attended the Pentax 100th Anniversary Celebration in Sydney, Australia. There was one guy who made a complaint to Japanese Pentax representative about the issue from the accelerator; he decided not to upgrade to K-1 II. He went further by complaining about how terrible of the autofocus on K-1 and even stated that the APS-C cameras are all craps. He told the Japanese Pentax representative that we will move to Sony if Pentax does not release a new full-frame camera with superior autofocus.
Hope he publishes an article showing which detail he is losing - I am totally loving my KP and the high ISO it gives me. He can take the spot I left at Canon.
12-11-2019, 11:14 AM   #469
Veteran Member

Of course, the Japanese Pentax guy was really polite to the customer. He said, "Pentax will continue to improve the capabilities of its full-frame camera lineup" or something along these lines. I couldn't remember the exact words though.

Nevertheless, the Pentax representative also gave a hint in a conversation with another guy that one should not expect to see a new Pentax full-frame camera in 2020. Such a piece of that information isn't new to many people here anyway.
THis 2021 or later for a new FF sounds reasonnable with 2020 being APSC oriented

12-12-2019, 12:11 AM   #470
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
That's what I call an astute observation. Little news/rumours combined with raffles - that is what we get - threads with posts repeating themselves.
Thanks for the reply! Its good to know that your reply also appears to others' screens too and you're not the only one who made some observations!
12-12-2019, 01:38 AM - 1 Like   #471
Veteran Member

A minority of users is strongly gear oriented.
These guys are chasing quite often impossible goals to reach.
Many Pentax users are quite happy they can use legacy lenses on digital bodies.
I am one of them. My hope is Pentax will survive under Ricoh wings.
I am not looking for the latest high tech.
Just take pictures and enjoy the excellent quality of Pentax lenses and bodies.
12-12-2019, 06:35 AM   #472
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fluegel Quote
Many Pentax users are quite happy they can use legacy lenses on digital bodies.
I am one of them. My hope is Pentax will survive under Ricoh wings.
I am not looking for the latest high tech.
Just take pictures and enjoy the excellent quality of Pentax lenses and bodies.
My thoughts exactly. I am currently rocking a KP and a 1958 Zeiss Tessar, and getting fabulous results who needs fancy lenses eh?

12-12-2019, 10:53 AM   #473
Veteran Member

Thanks for sharing my opninion.

Since the seventies and the eighties Pentax has spoiled us rotten with excellent glass.
These designs were so good even the latest AF series lenses can not beat that legacy gear.

After the Tessar design from Catl Zeiss there is room for improvement.
The later Planar design is a considerable improvement over the Tessar, especially the 100 mm focal length.
12-12-2019, 10:55 AM   #474
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Choices are good . There are lots of great old lenses out there (along with a dog or two) and some great current lenses - that is the beauty of the current K mount bodies. Enjoy what you shoot with and have fun.
12-12-2019, 01:24 PM   #475
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fluegel Quote
I think the proportion of gear oriented individuals is much higher on the various photography forums and vlogger sites.
Such places give them their "fix" on the latest tech.
12-12-2019, 01:32 PM - 1 Like   #476
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lsimpkins Quote
I think the proportion of gear oriented individuals is much higher on the various photography forums and vlogger sites.
Such places give them their "fix" on the latest tech.
Oooh shinny, oooh big glass, quick, must have. Nope, not needing that fix, we’re used to waiting in Pentax land, and it is always worth the wait if you can.
12-12-2019, 01:49 PM   #477
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
Oooh shinny, oooh big glass, quick, must have. Nope, not needing that fix, we’re used to waiting in Pentax land, and it is always worth the wait if you can.
I think I'll await smaller glass, but otherwise I entirely agree with you.
12-12-2019, 01:55 PM   #478
Pentaxian

having recently upgraded from a k-1 to a k-1ii, i'm surprised how much better it is. for me af is night and day different. i can wait for the next ff.... but a wa * prime would be nice!
12-12-2019, 02:54 PM   #479
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sculptor666 Quote
having recently upgraded from a k-1 to a k-1ii, i'm surprised how much better it is. for me af is night and day different. i can wait for the next ff.... but a wa * prime would be nice!
Even an unstarred wide angle - but modern - DFA lens would be a nice addition to the Pentax 'collection'.
12-12-2019, 03:11 PM - 1 Like   #480
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A wr f2.8 24mm would fill a lot of needs at a more reasonable price than a * 24mm f1.4.