Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 42 Likes Search this Thread
11-24-2019, 03:24 AM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HippyHippo Quote
Never have I seen so many Pentaxians in the same place!
The age demographc looks all too typical I fear,from this view at least - I hope note was taken

11-24-2019, 03:39 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
President of Ricoh Imaging Mr Shinobu Takahashi in Watford.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
11-24-2019, 06:49 AM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I didn't get to write much about it yesterday as I had to out as soon as I got in.

The President gave away an engraved penta prism as shown by phoebus above. The audience were invited to participate in a rock-paper-scissors game and the last person won the prize. If you are going to one of these events, you might want to bone up on those skills, just saying

After the President's presentation there was a give away of Pentax-100 peak caps, you just had to pose for as if taking a picture with a vintage pentax camera. I think most people did.

Also there was a goody bag, for me the best item in there is a rather nice boxed silver Pentax 100 body cap.

I also picked up a camera poster to go inside the door of my camera cupboard. I should have asked for a lens one, then when the question arises how many lenses do I need, I have something to point at.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 

Last edited by Kevin B123; 11-24-2019 at 08:12 AM. Reason: stray word
11-24-2019, 08:25 AM   #19
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice bit of swag. Wonder if the new apsc flagship will come with that body cap when shipped.

11-24-2019, 09:28 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
Nice bit of swag. Wonder if the new apsc flagship will come with that body cap when shipped.
Possible, they have had ordinary caps to date but then this is the anniversary so who knows?

I should add, it is the twist on type not a push on body cap.
11-25-2019, 05:57 AM - 2 Likes   #21
Veteran Member

Where can I get one of those inflatable rocket blowers?
11-25-2019, 09:49 AM   #22
Veteran Member

I want one too.

11-25-2019, 10:24 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
It was in the perspex case and minded��. The president did say it was a non working copy too.
Based on the fingerprints and marking on the mount it looks like it may have been a working demo at one point. I really don't understand why they don't release the name ahead of time unless the name gives away some feature or sets expectations in some way or fashion. How that could be the case, your guess is as good as mine.
Great report on the get together, sounds like fun! I wish there was something in the US Northeast so I could take the train down and try to crash the event.
11-25-2019, 11:49 AM - 1 Like   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Based on the fingerprints and marking on the mount it looks like it may have been a working demo at one point. I really don't understand why they don't release the name ahead of time unless the name gives away some feature or sets expectations in some way or fashion. How that could be the case, your guess is as good as mine.
Great report on the get together, sounds like fun! I wish there was something in the US Northeast so I could take the train down and try to crash the event.
I guess it has been handled for the ergonomics?

There must be multiple events around the USA in the coming months, just not announced yet so your fun is yet to come...here's hoping anyway.
11-25-2019, 03:47 PM - 1 Like   #25
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe after the European tour is complete. Hopefully they bring one to some cities other than NY and LA.
11-26-2019, 01:02 PM - 1 Like   #26

Thanks for you sharing, this prototype I’m sure is different from what I’ve seen in Sapporo Japan ‘a 100 years meeting, somewhere, it’s a little wired...
By the way. I see the same thing in Europe that all Pentax users are mainly middle age or elder male, my god, why, why no young face :0
11-26-2019, 01:27 PM - 1 Like   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
I really don't understand why they don't release the name ahead of time unless the name gives away some feature or sets expectations in some way or fashion. How that could be the case, your guess is as good as mine.
Maybe the name hasn't been carved in stone yet and may change. Look how the MZ-D changed somewhere along the line to K-1. It is easy enough to change the stencils for the body.
11-26-2019, 02:12 PM - 2 Likes   #28
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe the name is short for K-Digital Outstanding Optical Masterpiece. K-DOOM
11-27-2019, 09:18 AM - 1 Like   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Karen the Star Quote
Thanks for you sharing, this prototype I’m sure is different from what I’ve seen in Sapporo Japan ‘a 100 years meeting, somewhere, it’s a little wired...
By the way. I see the same thing in Europe that all Pentax users are mainly middle age or elder male, my god, why, why no young face :0
For that, pentaxians need to pair