Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2019, 06:59 AM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Karen the Star Quote
That's blog of Mikio Tanaka, who have deep cooperation with Ricoh image, he have right to touch and use the new prototype, its not a random blog
QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
I am sorry, but where on earth did you pull this date out from? The linked thread is just about a more than vague and sloppy assumption on a random japanese blog. As you are not indicating a more concrete source either please do or, I guess you know how the internet works, refrain from posting dates with no substance.
I am simply indicating opinions, which are just as good as any other opinion. Do I guarantee my opinion? Oh course not, just as yours is not. But people who know think it may be longer than we are hoping for. I still hope that it may yet be announced and all-but-released by the end of this GiveAway, but I also acknowledge that it may take much longer. And during the whole time, I continue to photograph with the KP which I have now been using for a year.

12-02-2019, 09:09 AM   #62
Pentaxian

In the "General" GiveAway Thread, I notice that member @Jonathan Mac; says he would rather take a "Super Program" as his prize than a "Spotmatic", because it is easier to find a working model of the latter on the market. That kind of surprises me because I have a working "Super Program" that I purchased in 1983, but the "Spotmatic" was before 'my time' as a photographer; I guess I should be glad for small favors.
12-03-2019, 02:33 PM - 1 Like   #63
Pentaxian

The first Giveaways this time have turned out very well this year - @Larrymc and @aslyfox the first, and very deserving "Grand Prize" winners.
12-04-2019, 04:29 PM   #64

Photos: Albums
This is the first forum i have seen that offers prisez

12-04-2019, 04:37 PM   #65

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffh Quote

More people attracted = more income from advertising banners
12-05-2019, 01:02 AM   #66
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
The first Giveaways this time have turned out very well this year - @Larrymc and @aslyfox the first, and very deserving "Grand Prize" winners.
Yes! It's great that these raffles attract new users - I guess some come and go, but some of them are bound to stick around and become more permanent contributors. But still, there is something about recognizing the usernames of the winners and knowing that they have been part of the active forum community for years.

Congratulations, @aslyfox and @Larrymc!
12-05-2019, 03:58 AM - 1 Like   #67
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

these forums have offered prizes before

I never have worried about why

and I still don't

last year prizes included Full Frame Sensor Cameras

this year's contest more varied and almost anyone can qualify to get into the general raffle with limited effort - 10 posts during the contest period is all that is needed.

12-05-2019, 11:34 AM   #68
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by xmeda Quote
More people attracted = more income from advertising banners
With my "green" status {which does cost me a few bucks every year at this time} I don't see any banners .... but @Adam makes me as eligible as anyone else to spend time time posting and being eligible for prizes. I haven't won anything, but I enjoy being part of the community.
12-08-2019, 10:00 PM   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

k-3 ii would be ferfectr
12-08-2019, 10:29 PM   #70
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great idea for motivation and glad to hear about the prizes!
12-09-2019, 08:31 AM   #71
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is interesting. I haven’t been active here in over a year, but my KP now has direction buttons that aren’t working. This giveaway is a good excuse for me to become active again. Not that I have a chance of winning, I never win anything.
12-09-2019, 11:31 AM   #72

Yay! I finally registered after constantly being directed to this forum to find answers about all things Pentax. I sincerely doubt that I'll be able to enter for anything as there's no way I'll have 100 posts racked up any time soon.
12-09-2019, 12:58 PM   #73

I wonder what the new flagship aps-c will be like.
12-09-2019, 01:10 PM   #74
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Gearoid Quote
I wonder what the new flagship aps-c will be like.
The "winner" will get first-hand experience.
12-09-2019, 01:49 PM   #75
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffh Quote
They do that a lot here!