Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2019, 06:33 PM   #76

Wonderful

What a wonderful giveaway. To win a great camera like this.

12-09-2019, 07:33 PM   #77
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gashlycrumb Quote
Yay! I finally registered after constantly being directed to this forum to find answers about all things Pentax. I sincerely doubt that I'll be able to enter for anything as there's no way I'll have 100 posts racked up any time soon.
9 more posts and you are in the general raffle
12-09-2019, 11:15 PM   #78

still do not know how to participate, nithing seems to work, it seems to me that it is all fake,

---------- Post added 12-10-19 at 02:17 AM ----------

You are currently eligible for 0 general raffle entries and 0 grand prize raffle entries. 10 posts to go until your next raffle ticket— get involved in the community by clicking below. must be fake.
12-10-2019, 02:09 AM   #79

It's getting exciting again.

12-10-2019, 06:41 AM   #80
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RebelCharlie Quote
still do not know how to participate, nithing seems to work, it seems to me that it is all fake,

You are currently eligible for 0 general raffle entries and 0 grand prize raffle entries. 10 posts to go until your next raffle ticket— get involved in the community by clicking below. must be fake.
Have you made a comment anywhere other than about the GiveAway? Have you commented on any of the submitted photos? {my comments, other than about the GiveAway, are counted}
12-10-2019, 09:47 AM   #81

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Last year, we gave away three Pentax K-1's. This year, we're going even bigger: I'm happy to announce the second phase of the PentaxForums.com "100 years in 100 days" giveaway and contest series!

Contest Period

The December giveaway will last from December 1 through January 9th (00:00:01 GMT-8). This is the final iteration of our "100 years in 100 days" giveaway series!

This giveaway series features rotating prizes in three different categories: "past", "present", and "future", to honor vintage, classic, and next-generation Pentax gear.

How to Enter

Starting at midnight GMT-8 on December 1st, there are three ways to enter to win each set of three prizes!

Note that even though the raffles will remain open through January 9th, the photo contest will close to submissions on December 31st, as is the norm for our monthly contests.

Prizes

Winner Announcement & Contest Tracking

The winners for this month's raffles will be announced after January 9th, and the winners of the photo contest will be announced in the third week of January, per our usual photo contest procedure.

As usual, there are no geographical restrictions on who may enter, but limit one grand prize per household for the duration of the event.

There will be a notice at the top of each forum page so that you can track your raffle progress:

Good luck and have fun! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone active on the forum throughout this event to celebrate this big milestone for Pentax.

See this thread to view other prizes in other months.
Asking if this camera can be used during winter outdoors?

---------- Post added 12-10-19 at 09:48 AM ----------

Asking if this camera is great for winter outdoors?
12-10-2019, 08:23 PM - 2 Likes   #82

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
The K-70 is certainly a great motivation to participate in the photo contest, but looking at the level of quality in the past two months' contests, I would not even come close to competing. Instead of trying and failing miserably, I'll just lean back and enjoy looking at the photos that other members submit
I am afraid I feel the same way. Maybe a contest with mediocre prizes for those of us of mediocre talent?

12-10-2019, 08:36 PM   #83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RebelCharlie Quote

If you make comments outside of this thread you will start accumulating General raffle posts and you need 10 general raffle posts and you are entered in the General Raffle. For every 100 posts you get a grand prize raffle entry. Believe me the raffles are not fake as I won the first of the three raffles and received my choice of a DFA*50 f/1.4 or a HD PENTAX-DA* 11-18mm F2.8 ED DC AW since I don't plan to upgrade to FF I chose the 11-18 and I love it and use it almost daily. The best thing you can do is go to the "Post your photos" section and start commenting on posted photos. That is absolutely the fastest way to accumulate posts.

Happy Posting
12-10-2019, 08:55 PM   #84
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
If you make comments outside of this thread you will start accumulating General raffle posts and you need 10 general raffle posts and you are entered in the General Raffle. For every 100 posts you get a grand prize raffle entry.
That is what I was getting at with my comment. So far he made one comment in October and only the one comment in this thread in December.

QuoteQuote:
Believe me the raffles are not fake as I won the first of the three raffles and received my choice of a DFA*50 f/1.4 or a HD PENTAX-DA* 11-18mm F2.8 ED DC AW since I don't plan to upgrade to FF I chose the 11-18 and I love it and use it almost daily. The best thing you can do is go to the "Post your photos" section and start commenting on posted photos. That is absolutely the fastest way to accumulate posts.

Happy Posting
That is great!!!

{I wouldn't have used it that much}

Last edited by reh321; 12-11-2019 at 07:43 AM.
12-10-2019, 10:29 PM   #85

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
9 more posts and you are in the general raffle
True!

And even if I don't post enough, I appreciate the contest and the community.
12-15-2019, 03:41 PM   #86
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Marnie642 Quote
Asking if this camera can be used during winter outdoors?. . .
you can find details about cameras by going to " cameras " above and checking out the user reviews and in depth reviews

Last edited by aslyfox; 12-15-2019 at 06:55 PM.
12-15-2019, 06:12 PM   #87
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

All current 'Pentax' DSLRs are weather resistant. Most 'Pentax' zooms and all of the * lens are at least weather resistant. The only lenses you don't want to be subjecting to winter weather are the DA limited range, except the DA 20-40 Ltd zoom, the DA/FA primes are also only fair weather lenses.

I have a K1 and have used it in torrential rain with DA* 200/2.8, DFA* 50/1.4 and DFA 150-450/4.5-5.6 without any problem. That is no guarantee you will have the same experience... (All those lenses are rated AW - all weather)

Hope that helps.
12-15-2019, 06:59 PM   #88
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

weather sealed

Weather Sealed Lenses | PentaxForums.com

About those WR body weather seals...User responsibility and best practice

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/351252-about-th...#ixzz68EPLZpCZ
12-16-2019, 08:21 AM   #89
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

they took my grand prize right off the boat from the Philippines it would seem:

QuoteQuote:
the KP I won through the Grand Prize Raffle arrived on December 14

today I decided to snap a quick photo and check the data:

Camera PENTAX KP
Shutter Count 2
Manufacture Date 2019:10:30
Lens smc PENTAX-DA 70mm F2.4 Limited

this helps to explain the difference in serial numbers reported to the forums

mine: 76xxxxx reported December, 2019
next closest: 73xxxxx reported November 2019
Read more at: Your latest acquisition - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com

Last edited by aslyfox; 12-16-2019 at 11:10 AM.
12-16-2019, 08:30 AM   #90
Pentaxian

I'm not sure what you are asking. We get a lot of "Lake Effect" snow {and rain} here. Over the past fifty years I've discovered that not much actually happens during snow {and rain} storms. I did go out two years ago with my K-30 during a snowstorm, but I found very little to photograph other than snowplows and "maintenance ' activities {I did see a US Mail truck}; I also found that photos taken in falling snow or rain are no more interesting than those taken around here in nice weather.

I have taken photos with various different cameras once the storm is over, so of course any camera can be used "during Winter outdoors".