Show Printable Version 51 Likes Search this Thread
12-16-2019, 09:40 AM   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
they took my grand prize right off the boat from the Philippines it would seem:

Read more at: Your latest acquisition - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com
Shutter count of 2? That's pretty impressive...that's about as "new" as you can get!

12-16-2019, 09:46 AM   #92
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WillWeaverRVA Quote
Shutter count of 2? That's pretty impressive...that's about as "new" as you can get!
Even better than the "used like new" K-30 {blue camera in my signature photo} I purchased from KEH with a shutter count of 5.
12-16-2019, 10:30 AM - 1 Like   #93
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WillWeaverRVA Quote
both mine too
12-16-2019, 10:34 AM   #94
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Even better than the "used like new" K-30 {blue camera in my signature photo} I purchased from KEH with a shutter count of 5.
that's impressive too

12-22-2019, 12:36 PM   #95

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
The K-70 is certainly a great motivation to participate in the photo contest, but looking at the level of quality in the past two months' contests, I would not even come close to competing. Instead of trying and failing miserably, I'll just lean back and enjoy looking at the photos that other members submit
I can relate to that; i've been ashamed by the pros of the site by their work, so i won't even bother to participate on the photo contest as i can't come near
12-22-2019, 02:20 PM   #96
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CapitanXeon Quote
I can relate to that; i've been ashamed by the pros of the site by their work, so i won't even bother to participate on the photo contest as i can't come near
My reasoning comes to the same conclusion by a completely different route. Almost every month there is an article about how the winner the previous month "made" the winning photo - not about how he "took" the photo in the field, but how he "made" it in the 'lab'. Just looking at the Finalists, there is alot of "PP" work in each one. For various reasons I use very little "PP" work on mine. I am fine with others competing that way, but I choose not to, and so I don't see any reason to compete.
12-22-2019, 02:57 PM   #97
Veteran Member

More or less PP does not matter. PP is a tool like the camera and lens. Probably Ansel Adams was one of the most famous PP photographers. What we do now in the software was doing chemicals in the lab. In the case of ILC the photographer has the possibility to impose his photographic personality in PP. Who does not want to deal with PP takes pictures with the smartphone. In the case of smarfone PP is made by those who developed the smartphone.

12-22-2019, 03:51 PM   #98
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by edri Quote
More or less PP does not matter. PP is a tool like the camera and lens. Probably Ansel Adams was one of the most famous PP photographers. What we do now in the software was doing chemicals in the lab. In the case of ILC the photographer has the possibility to impose his photographic personality in PP. Who does not want to deal with PP takes pictures with the smartphone. In the case of smarfone PP is made by those who developed the smartphone.
I modify my DSLR -created JPEGs very little .... perhaps a little leveling, a little exposure correction .... but they would never qualify in the contests because they lack the other changes people make in "PP". I could make those changes, but I choose not to. The contests are for artists. The images chosen by voting are those that "pop", which is a result of "PP" work. I am one who chooses to not use "PP" - from experience I know that a smart phone will not meet my needs {I know, I also have an iPhone, but I hardly ever use the camera}.
12-22-2019, 04:05 PM   #99
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice prize Adam. But I will purchase one instead of trying to win one, if the proof is in the pudding.....
12-23-2019, 10:56 AM   #100

Posting

I'm having problems posting to this site or any forum. I've had this problem before, so I quit posting. So question is why can't I post to the Thread: wind the new APs-C or ask a question about my Pentax. Can anyone give me the direction to post correctly?
12-23-2019, 11:00 AM   #101

QuoteOriginally posted by Marnie642 Quote
I'm having problems posting to this site or any forum. I've had this problem before, so I quit posting. So question is why can't I post to the Thread: wind the new APs-C or ask a question about my Pentax. Can anyone give me the direction to post correctly?
You need to have a minimum of 100 distinct posts from the start of the raffle period in order to post in the entry thread. But you should still be able to post a new thread for your question in the appropriate forum.
12-23-2019, 11:13 AM   #102
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Marnie642 Quote
send a pm to adam describing your problem posting
12-23-2019, 11:42 AM   #103
Pentaxian

Oh nice. We don't know the specs yet, but we know it's going to be good, I want to win that one.
12-23-2019, 12:20 PM   #104
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Oh nice. We don't know the specs yet, but we know it's going to be good, I want to win that one.
Unlike last month. have entered the “Grand Prize” ‘raffle’ this month , and if I happen to win, I will inform members here of what I learn.
12-27-2019, 03:52 PM   #105
Pentaxian

"You are currently eligible for 1 general raffle entries and 4 grand prize raffle entries. 98 posts to go until your next raffle entry."

Five hundred posts later. I think I am at risk of RSI from all the typing and clicking.

There is still enough time to do 98 more posts for another entry...