I'm trying!
slow and steady can win the race

unless it is a timed event

keep on trucking

[ quickly ]
01-08-2020, 02:59 PM   #168
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WillWeaverRVA Quote
I need 32 more posts for my second entry...sheesh.
You still have time, dont panic!
01-08-2020, 05:19 PM   #169
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
17 posts left to a second entry. I certainly hope I make it. Time for more photos and welcome and photo comments!

01-09-2020, 07:41 AM   #170
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
You still have time, dont panic!
Well, I made it! I don't think I'm going to make it to a third entry in just one day though.
01-09-2020, 07:49 AM   #171
Pentaxian

Well, I made it! I don't think I'm going to make it to a third entry in just one day though.
Today is January 9th. I must have misunderstood “00:00:01 GMT-8”, because nothing has happened yet. Regardless of the counter, I will keep chatting and chatting.

Last edited by reh321; 01-09-2020 at 08:14 AM. Reason: complete time
01-09-2020, 08:40 AM   #172
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Today is January 9th. I must have misunderstood “00:00:01 GMT-8”, because nothing has happened yet. Regardless of the counter, I will keep chatting and chatting.
I'm confused too

but my advice, keep posting until the bitter end

good luck to all

01-09-2020, 09:00 AM - 1 Like   #173
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
I'm confused too

but my advice, keep posting until the bitter end

good luck to all
I thought the GiveAway ended just past midnight PST {our EST is GMT-5), My sister-in-law and mother-in-law live in the Los Angles area, so I am very aware of their time zone - that would have been just past 3 am EST. I will be keep talking if I have anything to say, but right now, having "92 posts to go" until another ticket, I'm not going to get another one. Maybe Adam, who lives in Arizona I understand, which is GMT-7, meant January 10. It doesn't matter - he is giving the prizes away, and we will do something fair.
01-09-2020, 01:20 PM   #174
Veteran Member

time to panic then
01-09-2020, 01:22 PM   #175
Loyal Site Supporter

I thought the GiveAway ended just past midnight PST {our EST is GMT-5), My sister-in-law and mother-in-law live in the Los Angles area, so I am very aware of their time zone - that would have been just past 3 am EST. I will be keep talking if I have anything to say, but right now, having "92 posts to go" until another ticket, I'm not going to get another one. Maybe Adam, who lives in Arizona I understand, which is GMT-7, meant January 10. It doesn't matter - he is giving the prizes away, and we will do something fair.
Gosh, I only need 76 more so onward and upward I say. (now only 75)

01-09-2020, 01:27 PM   #176
Pentaxian

]
time to panic then
Not at all - I made a few entries late last night to 'finish' one more ticket. Even though I see the " xx posts to go" hanging over my every post, for me it is now an average day; I know there is no way I will 'reach' that 'goal', so I just try to ignore it.
01-09-2020, 03:37 PM   #177
Veteran Member

]Not at all - I made a few entries late last night to 'finish' one more ticket. Even though I see the " xx posts to go" hanging over my every post, for me it is now an average day; I know there is no way I will 'reach' that 'goal', so I just try to ignore it.
I also have 94 posts to go until I reach next ticket, this is just too many for a few hours
01-09-2020, 04:02 PM   #178
Pentaxian

I also have 94 posts to go until I reach next ticket, this is just too many for a few hours
So post at your usual rate. @Adam's GiveAway is very generous, but we cannot have our lives dictated by it.

ps - Sometime in Autumn 2018, one of our members posted a tribute to his cat who had just died, saying he regretted ignoring it during the summer because of the contests then. I will tell you that our family's 16-1/2 year old cat, Velcro, died this morning after an extensive illness. I had "rubbed her ear" twice a day {she was suffering from thyroid problems, so the vet had prescribed a drug that was absorbed through her skin as less of an issue than pills or liquid medicine usually are} despite the GiveAway - she even purred sometimes when I was doing this - so I feel absolutely I was not changing my life because of the GiveAway.
01-09-2020, 04:05 PM   #179
Loyal Site Supporter

So post at your usual rate. @Adam's GiveAway is very generous, but we cannot have our lives dictated by it.

ps - Sometime in Autumn 2018, one of our members posted a tribute to his cat who had just died, saying he regretted ignoring it during the summer because of the contests then. I will tell you that our family's 16-1/2 year old cat, Velcro, died this morning after an extensive illness. I had "rubbed her ear" twice a day {she was suffering from thyroid problems, so the vet had prescribed a drug that was absorbed through her skin as less of an issue than pills or liquid medicine usually are} despite the GiveAway - she even purred sometimes when I was doing this - so I feel absolutely I was not changing my life because of the GiveAway.
Losing a loving pet is like losing a family member. My wife and I grieved over our Scarlett for a long time. So sorry to hear of the loss of your cat.
01-09-2020, 04:13 PM   #180
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Losing a loving pet is like losing a family member. My wife and I grieved over our Scarlett for a long time. So sorry to hear of the loss of your cat.
Our 'younger' cat - "Leila" - has been standing between me and the monitor. Apparently she does feel moderately ignored right now, but that isn't unusual. Thank you for your condolences, though, I will admit I was in tears as I dug a hole near our back property line with my wife watching {with Velcro's body wrapped in a towel in her arms}.