Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2020, 04:43 PM - 1 Like   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
It is going to be an exciting year.

Unfortunately, I don't expect new releases to improve some folk's sense of gloom. But the '20s are bound to be the decade of the Pentaxian!
I'm liking your enthusiasm. I agree it looks to be an exciting year. The K-New has an air of something special about it,
though we'll just have to wait and see whether that is truly the case.

Whether Pentax will rise back to prominence other the next decade is much less clear. But I would agree Pentax looks
much better today than it did 10 years ago despite all the doom and gloom and the rise of the smart device. I have little
problem envisioning a continuation of Pentax 10 years from now.

01-01-2020, 04:49 PM - 1 Like   #77
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
I'm liking your enthusiasm. I agree it looks to be an exciting year. The K-New has an air of something special about it,
though we'll just have to wait and see whether that is truly the case.

Whether Pentax will rise back to prominence other the next decade is much less clear. But I would agree Pentax looks
much better today than it did 10 years ago despite all the doom and gloom and the rise of the smart device. I have little
problem envisioning a continuation of Pentax 10 years from now.
Oh, I don't think Pentax is going to rise, Phoenix-like from the ashes, but that doesn't stop us, Pentaxians, from producing very nice images with the cameras that exist and are to come. It's far too early in the decade for doom and gloom.
01-01-2020, 04:50 PM   #78
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Kimio Tanaka seems to consider that the K-New will be behind schedule and launched only after summer:

Twitter

i wonder what Tanaka-san is referring to with his 'Wolf Boy PENTAX'. I'm not familiar enough with the Wolf Boy manga / anime character.
I did an Internet search on "wolf boy manga" and all I found out was she is the "vampire Bride" who saves the world and he is viewed as being mostly 'useless'. This is definitely not encouraging; unless someone fluent in Japanese and familiar with their culture will contradict me {this is one case in which I would be wrong}
01-01-2020, 04:52 PM - 2 Likes   #79
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Kimio Tanaka seems to consider that the K-New will be behind schedule and launched only after summer:

Twitter

i wonder what Tanaka-san is referring to with his 'Wolf Boy PENTAX'. I'm not familiar enough with the Wolf Boy manga / anime character.
Probably a delay as Pentax figures out how to make a fixed rear-LCD tilt...

01-01-2020, 05:42 PM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
You sound like a perfect recipient of the "K-3ii replacement". I believe, based on my KP, that it will be much better at AF {if you are willing to also purchase new lenses} and high ISO performance.
Thanks for the tip. I may have to rent the KP and the K-1 to do a shoot-out under my use conditions...and drag my friend with the Alpha 7 III along.
01-01-2020, 05:43 PM - 1 Like   #81
Veteran Member

I'm very much looking forward to the new K? APSC camera. I don't want to get my expectations on features too high as I always do and end up somewhat disappointed with the final product not meeting my high expectations. So, this time I am hoping for much improved focusing., more focus points, improved dynamic range, GPS, Weather sealing, and some new features that are not normally associated with DSLRs., such as in camera focus stacking etc
01-01-2020, 06:24 PM   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster

Twitter

Will someone kindly transcribe the tweet for me? I don’t have a Twitter account (no Facebook either).

01-01-2020, 06:27 PM - 1 Like   #83
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Will someone kindly transcribe the tweet for me? I don’t have a Twitter account (no Facebook either).
You don't need a twitter account to read most linked tweets.

I don't and just clicked on the link and then went to google translate and got this:

QuoteQuote:
PENTAX's "APS-C size best model" scheduled to be released next year, but I hoped that it would be released before summer, but I expected that it would be a bit behind the "schedule" and maybe too late in the summer Not even if not. The appearance of "Wolf Shonen PENTAX", which doesn't come out easily, saying "I'm going to come out"? Do I have to wait patiently? pic.twitter.com/k8czuW1Mfh
Of course that is likely a very rough translation from a computer...
01-01-2020, 06:28 PM - 1 Like   #84
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cp+ will be here soon enough, we’ll have answers then as to where Ricoh is taking Pentax. Looking at the Canon, Nikon, and Sony camera releases during the last year or so in the price range Pentax is positioned in, underwhelming appears to have been the goal. Continues with the upcoming new D-780 which, per one web site, may not have a battery grip option.
01-01-2020, 06:33 PM   #85
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This thread is a sure sign the apocalypse is upon us. Almost 100 posts in almost 10 hours to discuss whether or not there will be a new Pentax camera released in the next 12 months.

I would really, really like to see a new Pentax APS-C camera with Super Duper powers released sometime in the next 12 months, but I'm beginning to think this is a symptom of neurosis. It's been almost two years since anything meaningful about Pentax cameras has been officially released, and that was putting the accelerator chip in the K-1. It's been almost three years since Pentax released a new APS-C camera and the KP was launched as a one-off project, not an evolution of the product line. Pentax isn't doomed, but it is in suspended animation. Is anyone interested in buying a Norwegian Parrot?

The Parrot Sketch - Monty Python's Flying Circus - video dailymotion
01-01-2020, 06:34 PM   #86
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
Cp+ will be here soon enough, we’ll have answers then as to where Ricoh is taking Pentax. Looking at the Canon, Nikon, and Sony camera releases during the last year or so in the price range Pentax is positioned in, underwhelming appears to have been the goal. Continues with the upcoming new D-780 which, per one web site, may not have a battery grip option.
Frankly, if it were a Pentax, I'd more likely to purchase the D780 than anything I've seen from Pentax announced/leaked from Pentax in the last couple of years.
01-01-2020, 06:38 PM   #87
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
This thread is a sure sign the apocalypse is upon us. Almost 100 posts in almost 10 hours to discuss whether or not there will be a new Pentax camera released in the next 12 months.

I would really, really like to see a new Pentax APS-C camera with Super Duper powers released sometime in the next 12 months, but I'm beginning to think this is a symptom of neurosis. It's been almost two years since anything meaningful about Pentax cameras has been officially released, and that was putting the accelerator chip in the K-1. It's been almost three years since Pentax released a new APS-C camera and the KP was launched as a one-off project, not an evolution of the product line. Pentax isn't doomed, but it is in suspended animation. Is anyone interested in buying a Norwegian Parrot?

You proved your first line by following it with yet another post treating the K-1ii as a "facelift". The 'accelerator' was a major improvement over the K-1.
01-01-2020, 07:00 PM - 1 Like   #88
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
Yeah we have reached the level of product maturity where we probably won't see tons of dramatic improvements (at least from Canon or Nikon). Esp in a tightening market.

Nikon did that (no grip electric contacts) with the D7500 too versus the outgoing D7200. I think the goal is to cut costs on parts they don't think many buyers of that camera will use while also pushing people to the pricier D500 that do. A bit frustrating, but used D500 are cheap enough now.

Specs wise the D780 looks decent. Essentially an upgraded D750 (with some of the Z6 and D850 improvements) as it should be. I was really hoping for IBIS though since that is apparently coming in the D6, but I don't see it listed in the latest rumored specs for the D780 anymore.

That said, Ricoh has quite a ways to take Pentax before they reach D780 performance. And since Pentax are the smallest of the market, I doubt they'll be skimping but instead offering as much camera for the money that they can. K1 came with an optional grip, then the mid-tier crop KP. I don't think we have to worry about Ricoh pulling a Nikon on that one.

Last edited by mee; 01-01-2020 at 07:09 PM.
01-01-2020, 07:21 PM - 2 Likes   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote

They're simply pining for the fjords!
01-01-2020, 08:42 PM   #90
Pentaxian

Two months ago we were warned that the "K-3ii replacement" release may be as late as June {2020}.
New information about new flagship's selling date - PentaxForums.com

Now we get another mysterious tweet and people again seem to assume that Pentax doesn't know what they are doing.
What happened to the optimism of this morning??

CP+ is scheduled for about two months from now - maybe we will hear more information by then - we just need to be patient.

Last edited by reh321; 01-01-2020 at 08:51 PM.