01-02-2020, 10:34 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

O M G .........

This is so sad.
01-02-2020, 10:51 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
From the extra relay on the GRiii, it's not surprising if the new Dslr is delayed, even to September. Ricoh might have shrunk camera team to a few employees.
01-02-2020, 11:45 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I don't know it is technical or financial problem causing the delay, and from the original post a reply mention Pentax may withdrawal from camera business, this is really disappointing if true. There is one other similar company the Olympus with long history also has difficulties to survive, so if Pentax goes down Olympus may also too. I don't know what other business Pentax is doing well, and may cover the lost in camera business, but I still have hope Pentax long live ! My K3 is 5yrs. old and still ticking although it is quite worn out, I am longing for a replacement.

01-03-2020, 12:02 AM   #5
Pentaxian

We don’t even know what the originally planned release date was. September is still 2020.
It will get tough for Pentax if others present DSLR with hybrid viewfinder, DSLR with ibis ... before Pentax can show something new. Such cameras would be surrounded by a wealth of lens options. Pentax lens road map is even further behind. Pentax needs a serious sign of life in 2020. The last sign of life was in 2016 when K1 was released along with some new lenses.
01-03-2020, 12:16 AM - 24 Likes   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For Pete's sake, can we back off from the FUD? The K-new has not even been officially announced. There can not be a delay if there is no release date.

Ricoh/Pentax will take as much time as necessary to get it right. That's exactly why PentaxIsNotDoomedTM
01-03-2020, 12:24 AM - 9 Likes   #7
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by termy Quote
O M G .........

This is so sad.
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
From the extra relay on the GRiii, it's not surprising if the new Dslr is delayed, even to September. Ricoh might have shrunk camera team to a few employees.
QuoteOriginally posted by lotech Quote
I don't know it is technical or financial problem causing the delay, and from the original post a reply mention Pentax may withdrawal from camera business, this is really disappointing if true. There is one other similar company the Olympus with long history also has difficulties to survive, so if Pentax goes down Olympus may also too. I don't know what other business Pentax is doing well, and may cover the lost in camera business, but I still have hope Pentax long live ! My K3 is 5yrs. old and still ticking although it is quite worn out, I am longing for a replacement.
QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
We don’t even know what the originally planned release date was. September is still 2020.
It will get tough for Pentax if others present DSLR with hybrid viewfinder, DSLR with ibis ... before Pentax can show something new. Such cameras would be surrounded by a wealth of lens options. Pentax lens road map is even further behind. Pentax needs a serious sign of life in 2020. The last sign of life was in 2016 when K1 was released along with some new lenses.
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
For Pete's sake, can we back off from the FUD? The K-new has not even been officially announced. There can not be a delay if there is no release date.

Ricoh/Pentax will take as much time as necessary to get it right. That's exactly why PentaxIsNotDoomedTM
Well said, Sandy.

Folks - both those posting to, and reading this thread - I think I speak for many members here when I say that unsubstantiated doom and gloom helps no-one and is becoming tedious in the extreme. If that's the way this thread pans out, as have so many others, I'll close it.

By the way, thanks to the OP for the information. That is interesting and useful to know...

Thanks in advance...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 01-03-2020 at 12:48 AM.
01-03-2020, 12:26 AM - 4 Likes   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hear hear. I have a feeling that whenever the K-New is released (whether it's "delayed" or not) it will be a top shelf camera that will have some wonderful new feature/s that will make people sit up and take notice, at a price point that will be competitive. I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Maybe the people who are gnashing their teeth over the fact that Pentax doesn't release a new DSLR every 3 months should just jump ship to Canon/Nikon/Sony or whoever it is that floats their boat and leave the rest of us to appreciate Pentax and its qualities.

And FWIW I'm not even going to be in the market for the K-New because I'm still besotted with my KP.
01-03-2020, 12:27 AM - 5 Likes   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Something without a release date cannot be delayed, full stop.
01-03-2020, 12:46 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

errrr, just to be clear.

am just sad that it may not come out within first quarter 2020.

Never in my mind or etc saying Pentax is Doomed.
01-03-2020, 12:57 AM - 7 Likes   #11
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by termy Quote
errrr, just to be clear.

am just sad that it may not come out within first quarter 2020.

Never in my mind or etc saying Pentax is Doomed.
And just to be equally clear...

Losing one's home and possessions in a fire... the death of innocent people in an airplane crash... countries torn apart by military conflict... These are things to be sad about.

Here, we're talking about a camera for which no official release date has ever been announced, and a rumour that suggests it won't be released until after the summer, which is slightly later than some folks thought. With respect, any feelings we might have on that might better be ascribed to mild frustration due to our own assumptions and impatience.

Sorry, I'm not having a go at you personally, but rather the never-ending, over-blown negativity and disproportionate response when matters like these are discussed.

I'll leave it there, and trust that the thread won't require closure...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 01-03-2020 at 02:22 AM.
01-03-2020, 01:03 AM - 3 Likes   #12
Closed Account

For Pete's sake, can we back off from the FUD?
Thanks Sandy, but I'm ok, I never take this stuff seriously.............................................................
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
and is becoming tedious in the extreme.
And they have been for a couple of years Mike. Good information is so often lost to MISinformation.
01-03-2020, 01:13 AM   #13
Pentaxian

@lotech

The Pentax brand is used by Ricoh for DSLRs, interchangeable lenses, related accessories and spotting scopes.

Pentax products represent less than 1% of Ricoh's revenue.
01-03-2020, 01:31 AM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Something without a release date cannot be delayed, full stop.
Indeed.

An actual release date would be a good idea, in light of all the speculation. At least all the fuss shows that there is still interest in the brand.
01-03-2020, 01:35 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
Indeed.

An actual release date would be a good idea, in light of all the speculation. At least all the fuss shows that there is still interest in the brand.
No no no, none of that. A hard number will invite the doomsayers to believe it *must* be delayed
Closed Thread