Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2008, 07:57 PM   #31

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
The bokeh of DA*55 is another than FA50. I like it.
Contrast is very high, but all photos are back focused and blurred.
you are right they are back-focused - it looks like on the man's left-shoulder collar. however, relative to the background, i think it is minimal enough to not adversely affect discussing the lens' rendering, especially at the image sizes i posted.

as i said in the op, the da* was not an impressive autofocuser. maybe it did not like my k10d. i think those shots might have been mf'd since the af was not behaving, but i'm not sure (i suppose the exif would say).

10-25-2008, 09:17 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by architorture Quote
btw, i went back to the zeiss booth and asked about the focus ring feeling stiff (esp, compared to their 85mm), and the rep tried it and said that they are the "same" but 28mm lens has smaller lens barrel, so is harder to turn. he may be right, but that is a rather technical interpretation, imo. they should make it so the feel is the same, not the friction coefficient or whatever they did.
I have own both and got well over 1000 exposures on them, the focus rings on my copies at least are Identical in feel, as in me not feeling any difference at all...
I have just tried turning the focus rings as I am typing this to see if it was just my memory, but no they feels exactly the same.

So I am a little curious to the reply you got from the zeiss rep.
10-26-2008, 01:45 AM   #33
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by architorture Quote
you are right they are back-focused - it looks like on the man's left-shoulder collar. however, relative to the background, i think it is minimal enough to not adversely affect discussing the lens' rendering, especially at the image sizes i posted.

as i said in the op, the da* was not an impressive autofocuser. maybe it did not like my k10d. i think those shots might have been mf'd since the af was not behaving, but i'm not sure (i suppose the exif would say).
But, it seems to me that DA*55 is much sharper than FA50 wide-opened. I hope.
Even back-focused samples seems sharper than FA50 wide-opened.

Anyway, DA*55 is good job of Pentax. Not classical 50 mm. New lens with new picture.
10-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #34
TKH
Veteran Member

Thanks for the nice pics of the DA*55. I ordered it last week. There is a special price for a collective order in a German DSLR forum. 429,-- Euro. I keep my fingers crossed that Santa brings it to my door.

Rainer