Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2020, 07:45 AM   #196
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
It's only too expensive if you are planning to buy one soon. So if you aren't planning to buy one soon its not too expensive.
What about those who don't plan to buy it ever?

01-21-2020, 07:56 AM   #197

I have never used Tamron 70-210 f4 but this lens is making me think whether should I buy this one or wait for 85mm 1.4? So far I have only three lens D*FA 50mm 1.4, 28mm 35 K Prime, and 100mm WR macro. I of course desire to have all the * series i.e. D*FA 85mm, 50mm, and 24mm (Considering there will be star wide range lens as it is on the roadmap) but for a casual photographer... what would any experienced photographer here suggest?
01-21-2020, 07:56 AM - 1 Like   #198
Pentaxian

What is strange is the fact that PENTAX states "2 anomalous partial dispersion glass" when TAMRON, also having this technology on his catalogue, doesn't add this info to the lens. Perhaps a marketing jimmick thanks to the "partial" word.

I will buy this lens already having a modded DA 60-250? Perhaps, less focus breathing, less weight, no zoom extension, better AF, same filter diameter ... are many pros. Cons at this moment are: a cm longer and WR instead of AW. Obviously I will do the switch only with equal or better optical performances.

At this point I hope also in a rebadge of the two TAMRON teleconverters.

Last edited by Andrea K; 01-21-2020 at 08:42 AM. Reason: buying thoughts
01-21-2020, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #199
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
What about those who don't plan to buy it ever?
Its perfectly priced!!

01-21-2020, 08:01 AM   #200
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bedisaab Quote
I have never used Tamron 70-210 f4 but this lens is making me think whether should I buy this one or wait for 85mm 1.4? So far I have only three lens D*FA 50mm 1.4, 28mm 35 K Prime, and 100mm WR macro. I of course desire to have all the * series i.e. D*FA 85mm, 50mm, and 24mm (Considering there will be star wide range lens as it is on the roadmap) but for a casual photographer... what would any experienced photographer here suggest?
Well, we cant tell you what kind of photographer you are.

For me personally tele shots are mostly boring perspectivs. It is just a bit narrow and flat.

Than again, there are great tele shots too that I admire.
01-21-2020, 08:03 AM   #201

QuoteOriginally posted by WorksAsIntended Quote
Well, we cant tell you what kind of photographer you are.

For me personally tele shots are mostly boring perspectivs. It is just a bit narrow and flat.

Than again, there are great tele shots too that I admire.
I am just average joe kind of photographer... who takes pictures of family children, and carries a camera if he ever gets any vacation.
01-21-2020, 08:33 AM   #202
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I'm intrigued by the difference in naming of the elements. If Pentax are indeed meddling with the formula Im looking forward to the reviews. Hopefully, though not likely, Pentax will give us some info.

01-21-2020, 08:33 AM   #203
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Riddler Quote
For sure it is a nice lens. But a Good bang for the bucks!? I doubt about it Now
Maybe Cheaper in a few months!
it really depends what one consider 'good bang for the bucks' all in all. I consider my DFA 28-105/3,6-5,6 as good bang for buck lens. @ 550€ it is good performer.

I'd say that this zoom is in line with that, but it is also constant aperture from 70-210 mm and it has 9 rounded blades ect.. and in couple of months it will be 950 €. Can't really say that it is not good bang for buck. If one compares it for lens made for Canon or Nikon, and finds absolutelly lowest prize, then one might also find Canon to go with it. And it is not remade for Canon with Canon coatings.
01-21-2020, 08:38 AM   #204
Veteran Member

Its perfectly priced!!
Indeed, they could have asked for 1500 euros on this 600 euros Tamron lens.
So, 1200 euros seems a good price .... for Ricoh and Tamron.
01-21-2020, 08:54 AM - 5 Likes   #205
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I'll admit to being a little pedantic here, but I'd say folks being "upset" is over-stating it - or if they're truly upset, my how fortunate they are to be troubled by such a first world problem. Do they wish the lens was cheaper? Sure. We all do... As @biz-engineer indicated, we'd all like the lens for peanuts, or free That's obviously not going to happen... but, In time, it will find its natural price level based on supply and demand. Until then, those who really need or have a burning desire to own the lens will pay the premium launch price, and that's good for Ricoh.
This is typical internet forum stuff. People are complaining about a product that has not been announced by the manufacturer over who really makes it, even though they have no idea who is making it or even if it will really be made, and over the price, even though no one knows what it will cost, presuming it actually is being produced and will eventually come to market.
Presuming it actually gets announced on Thursday morning, expect the complaints about focusing speed and accuracy to start cropping up in the afternoon and complaints about it's optical performance shortly thereafter.
Oh, and no matter what, the proposed price will be far to high. That is pretty much a given.
01-21-2020, 08:55 AM - 1 Like   #206
Pentaxian

Its perfectly priced!!
Non-buyers (and, often, non-Pentaxians) are the harshest complainers.
01-21-2020, 09:04 AM   #207
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
even though no one knows what it will cost
Well, unless Amazon is lying, it has a price and can already be preordered...
01-21-2020, 09:25 AM   #208
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Well, unless Amazon is lying, it has a price and can already be preordered...
It wouldn't be the first time Amazon has made this sort of error. It's rather doubtful that they know something that no one else knows.
01-21-2020, 09:27 AM   #209
Pentaxian

It wouldn't be the first time Amazon has made this sort of error. It's rather doubtful that they know something that no one else knows.
Press releases should already be distributed all over the world. That's how the specs leaked.
01-21-2020, 09:31 AM - 1 Like   #210
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They have a lot of product shots in the same style of previous Pentax products, a list of specs that *very* much looks like that of the Tamron version, the same price a German dealer quoted to one of our newer members a couple days before we saw the product pages. This is an error, but in terms of leaking. Distributors have to know *before* the customers do...