Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2020, 06:07 AM - 1 Like   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,369
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I have absolutely no information... but I think in those 10 there could be some reissues with HD coatings... based on FA designs:

HD D-FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited
HD D-FA 43mm f/1.9 Limited
HD D-FA 77mm f/1.8 Limited

...and how about these revamps...

HD D-FA* 24mm f/2
HD D-FA 135mm f/2.8 Limited
HD D-FA* 300mm f/4 (based on current DA* design)
HD D-FA 20mm f/2.8

on top of some Tamron lenses...
HD SDM D-FA 70-300mm f/4-5.6
HD SDM D-FA 17-35mm f/2.8-4
HD SDM D-FA 35-150mm f/2.8-4
HD SDM D-FA 150-600mm f/5-6.3 (or even better - HD SDM D-FA 200-500mm f/5.6)
aaand might as well rebadge a HD SDM D-FA 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3

That's what, 12 already

But hopefully there will be some original designs there other than the D FA* *85 1.4...
Any of the ones I have bolded above would cause my bank balance some serious issues. There is a concern that a D-FA 28-300, once on my K-1, might never come off again.

01-22-2020, 06:28 AM - 2 Likes   #47
Pentaxian
rangercarp's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southern Michigan
Posts: 417
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
A 24-150mm F4 would be great !
This is the one lens I would buy today if it were available. I would be happy with 24-120, or even 105, but 150 would be amazing!

---------- Post added 01-22-20 at 08:31 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
It means K-mount is here to stay.
Maybe 8 of them are for the new mirrorless mount...

Sorry, I could not resist.
01-22-2020, 06:31 AM - 1 Like   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montréal QC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,326
Ten lenses... Well, alright, but just launch the K-new already!
01-22-2020, 06:31 AM - 4 Likes   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Digitalis's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Adelaide.
Posts: 10,136
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
I'm pretty sure I have heard about a D-FA* 24/1.4 somewhere....
From my connections there has been mention of a sub f/2 20mm ish prime incoming. A refresh of the FA limited lenses is rather unlikely, I think Pentax will be aiming for NEW lenses rather than making minor improvements. The an AF version of the A* 135mm f/1.8 would be a killer lens on the K-1, though some of the optical shortcomings* of that lens could be remedied with the use of ED glass. Now that I think of it, speaking of top end glass from Pentax, the FA*200mm f/4 [IF] ED Macro and 250-600mm [IF] ED f/5.6 would be safe bets. Internally focusing lenses are particularly well suited to be fitted with Ultrasonic autofocus motors.



* The A135mm f/1.8 has issues with purple fringing and substantial LoCa to be competitive against the fast Sigma/Sony 135mm and Nikkor 200mm f/2 the optical design should be improved to eliminate these issues.

01-22-2020, 06:32 AM - 1 Like   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2019
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,141
An HD D-FA 135/2.8 would make me glance uncomfortably at, first, the Decision-maker-in-Chief, second the M135/3.5 that I love and last but not least the financial prospects...

---------- Post added 01-22-20 at 06:34 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
AF version of the A* 135mm f/1.8 would be a killer lens on the K-1
[Cries] Cease this at once! I'm finally happy with my gear!
01-22-2020, 06:44 AM - 4 Likes   #51
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 6,175
QuoteOriginally posted by rangercarp Quote
(...)

Maybe 8 of them are for the new mirrorless mount...

Sorry, I could not resist.
Yep, Pentax-rebadged L-mount Sigma lenses for a Pentax-rebadged Sigma fp camera.

Sorry, couldn't resist either.
01-22-2020, 07:08 AM   #52
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 13,167
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
For whatever reason he posts mostly at DPR now. He has sort of been replaced by @Ooku, who makes fewer posts, but is always right,
Not always; that's an impossibly high standard (which can be met by not saying anything at all).
Remember this? Sounds similar to asahiman's post about (IIRC) the K-1 - which was then delayed.
New zoom 70-200 F4 - Page 17 - PentaxForums.com
01-22-2020, 07:14 AM   #53
Pentaxian
Andrea K's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 494
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Not always; that's an impossibly high standard (which can be met by not saying anything at all).
Remember this? Sounds similar to asahiman's post about (IIRC) the K-1 - which was then delayed.
New zoom 70-200 F4 - Page 17 - PentaxForums.com
But are you sure that the announced 70 - 210 is the same lens as that thread?

---------- Post added 22-01-20 at 15:18 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Sigma makes a 24-105 f4.
But is too big and heavy!

01-22-2020, 07:24 AM - 1 Like   #54
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 13,167
QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
But are you sure that the announced 70 - 210 is the same lens as that thread?
The 70-210 is what had become of the 70-200 f/4 from the roadmap.
01-22-2020, 07:55 AM - 1 Like   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
troenaas's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Norway
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 618
QuoteOriginally posted by BROO Quote
21 mm f 4.0 D FA Limited
What about a D FA* 18mm f4?
01-22-2020, 08:08 AM - 2 Likes   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Pål Jensen's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norway
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,738
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
From my connections there has been mention of a sub f/2 20mm ish prime incoming. A refresh of the FA limited lenses is rather unlikely, I think Pentax will be aiming for NEW lenses rather than making minor improvements. The an AF version of the A* 135mm f/1.8 would be a killer lens on the K-1, though some of the optical shortcomings* of that lens could be remedied with the use of ED glass. Now that I think of it, speaking of top end glass from Pentax, the FA*200mm f/4 [IF] ED Macro and 250-600mm [IF] ED f/5.6 would be safe bets. Internally focusing lenses are particularly well suited to be fitted with Ultrasonic autofocus motors.



* The A135mm f/1.8 has issues with purple fringing and substantial LoCa to be competitive against the fast Sigma/Sony 135mm and Nikkor 200mm f/2 the optical design should be improved to eliminate these issues.

I suspect that a fast 20mm lens is a DA lens. At least I remember that such a lens was on a lens poll from Ricoh.
Mr. Hirakawa said (about 20 years ago) that a straight remake of the A* 135/1.8 would cost $1800 (to the customer).
01-22-2020, 08:09 AM - 2 Likes   #57
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Woodstock, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,492
Let's not forget that until very recently Mr. Hirakawa Jun has been working at Tamron and has had his hands or at least guideance on the design of several lenses, so there's a little bit of the "Pentax DNA" in current Tamron designs.
01-22-2020, 08:11 AM - 3 Likes   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Pål Jensen's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norway
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,738
QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
What about a D FA* 18mm f4?
Pentax did design an FA 18/2.8 in the late 90's (or was it early 2000's?). It got as far as getting it own product number but was shelved.
They also designed (Hirakawa) an FA* 150/2 lens. Also dropped. It is questionable whether these lenses were up to today's standards...
There was also a FA 90/3.5 Macro Limited lens....
01-22-2020, 08:22 AM - 2 Likes   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Digitalis's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Adelaide.
Posts: 10,136
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
so there's a little bit of the "Pentax DNA" in current Tamron designs
i'll make a mental note to wear gloves when I'm using Tamron lenses....

thinking_Beard
01-22-2020, 08:27 AM - 1 Like   #60
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: manila
Posts: 139
Just give me a fast 17-28mm prime lens and not too costly. Make it light like the DA 50 & 35.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aperture, competition, crop, da, da560, distortion, f4, fa, fa*, gps, hd, hd d-fa, image, length, lens, lenses, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, people, perspective, portraits, post, primes, purpose, quality, ten more lenses, vs
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My top ten favorite lenses and the honorable mentions ivanvernon Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 30 09-23-2019 01:42 AM
HDR+ Pipeline Implementation interested_observer Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 2 02-18-2018 11:23 AM
LensRentals: Here Are Our Top Ten Favorite Products of the Last Ten Years interested_observer General Photography 2 07-30-2016 02:16 PM
Sports K-5 IIs - Surfing at Pipeline on the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii (11/10/12) HawaiianOnline Post Your Photos! 8 11-16-2012 06:46 AM
Sports Surfing at Pipeline on the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii (11/4/12) HawaiianOnline Post Your Photos! 2 11-07-2012 07:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:42 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top