Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2020, 07:08 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm sorry to hear. My condolences. He'll be missed.

02-08-2020, 07:37 PM - 2 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

My sympathies to Yvon's family.

As Adam is forwarding this thread to Mr. Bourque's family, I want them to know, that although I didn't know Yvon personally, I felt that I got to know him through his Pentax manuals.

I bought two of his books, one a paper edition about the K10D and the other , an ebook about the K1. Both are wonderful books.

When I bought my K10D, it was of course quite different to my previous SLR's...which were all film.

I bought his K10D book in 2007, my last year of work. I was extremely busy passing on info to new staff, winding down my career and transferring my professional responsibilities to other staff.

Finally the day of retirement came and one of the first things on my (new) agenda...retirement... was to focus on understanding and learning every aspect of my new digital camera.

The Pentax manual was fine, but I wanted something more and I discovered Yvon Bourque's K10D book and sent away for a copy. It was a wealth of information, detailed and written in an extremely organized and easily understood manner. I pored over that book, reading and then mastering the K10D's features...page by page. I believe Mr. Bourque was an engineer and it shows in his clear, analytical , straight forward approach in his manuals.

I still have Yvon's K10D book ...the dog eared pages have a lot of highlighting on the text and are marked with a large number of small post it notes for quick reference . It was and continues to be a well used , main book of reference for me.

Mr. Bourque's K1 manual, albeit an ebook... is the same, a treasure trove of value...with excellent detail on how to get the full measure of the K1 features.

Yvon's Pentax manuals have made a significant difference to my photographic skills, and as photography has been a very long term passion for me, I can't tell you how much I have appreciated his work.

R.I.P. Yvon.

Les
02-08-2020, 07:38 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
May he be dwelling at a higher abode.

His contribution here is to bring understanding of the Pentax Way, The Cameras, I thank him for his work.

I have two of the pdf books, they are a great source of knowledge and I will purchase more if I acquire other cameras.
02-08-2020, 08:37 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, Adam, for passing on this news and speaking on behalf of the Forum members. Like many others here, I have one of his Pentax books, and I'm grateful for his efforts. His shoes will be hard to fill.

02-08-2020, 09:42 PM - 1 Like   #20
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sad news. I always enjoyed his forum postings and greatly appreciated the effort he put into his books. The K-3 and K-1 books I purchased have been my go to source for quick reference and will always be a reminder of him.
02-09-2020, 12:35 AM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My Condolences to Yvon’s family.
02-09-2020, 02:04 AM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sad news indeed; condolences to his family.

02-09-2020, 03:52 AM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

That's sad to hear. Condolences to his family and friends.
I never bought his books, but his contribution was well appreciated.
02-09-2020, 04:26 AM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
very sad day.
Will remember him. He was very appreciated guy here.
Condolences to his family.

:'(
02-09-2020, 04:52 AM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very Sad news.
My condolences to Yvon's family on his passing.
Yvon will be missed.
02-09-2020, 06:56 AM - 1 Like   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My condolences to Yvon's family. Rest in Peace Yvon. I didn't know him well, but I have a couple of his ebooks which helped me out quite a bit.
02-09-2020, 07:01 AM - 1 Like   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yvon was an important part of the Pentax community and will be greatly missed. I bought his K-3 book, and even after all these years, I still refer to it regularly.

My condolences to his family and friends.
02-09-2020, 07:34 AM - 1 Like   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'm very sorry to say that I've learned that our well-liked Pentax eBook author, Yvon Bourque, passed away in late January. There has not yet been a memorial service, so I plan to sent flowers on behalf of the forum once I learn more.

Please feel free to share your thoughts in this thread and I will forward them to Yvon's family.

In the mean time, the eBooks will remain available and Yvon's family would like to carry on his legacy.
Yes Adam truly a loss for the Family & the group! Found this link on His Facebook Page for Tributes! Yvon Bourque | Facebook
02-09-2020, 08:23 AM - 1 Like   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very sorry to hear this. I too have several of his books. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
02-09-2020, 08:29 AM - 1 Like   #30
Veteran Member

Condolences to the family. Very sad news. The user manuals written by him are very useful.