Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 369 Likes Search this Thread
05-01-2020, 02:20 PM - 3 Likes   #106
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I wasn't suggesting we actually create a dedicated rant forum, but saying that I sometimes think we should. In my fantasy, it'd be nice for such posts to live in one "rant bucket" that most of us could avoid, viewing only if we actively chose to
What’s the point of posting a rant if you can’t force everyone to listen?

05-01-2020, 02:21 PM   #107
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

And once again - a good thread ruined by some interloper who just won’t stop. I’m (forced) out. Boriscleto and Ignore thread. Noting of value here.
05-01-2020, 02:53 PM - 1 Like   #108
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by revelstoked Quote
As a few people have pointed out, a circuit board with a sensor and a c mount is not really even in the same category as a full fledged DSLR. It was an intentionally exaggerated comparison with some small nuggets of truth (which I will assume is what has raised some hackles). It was basically a selfish personal call to the universe for Pentax to hurry up and make me a new camera. That said, I have enjoyed reading and responding to the discussion it generated. I do not feel that criticism, in of it self, is bad. I want Pentax to succeed and give me a beautiful new tool to replace my well worn and well loved current one. I will not be posting to this thread again, thanks for the talk!
Why would you assume it was the extremely small and well hidden "nuggets of truth" which "raised some hackles" and not the big fat lie?

Ricoh Imaging is making the K-new, we know that. You won't hurry up the process by saying Raspberry Pi's webcam will beat it. The beating them into submission tactic doesn't work.
What works is occasionally (but often enough) buying the products you find compelling. I hope those people who already started criticizing the K-new will buy it when it's released... I don't hold by breath though.
After all, there will be so much more to criticize after we know its specs
05-01-2020, 03:25 PM   #109
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
What’s the point of posting a rant if you can’t force everyone to listen?
True but schhhhhht, don't give'em ideas they don't have yet

05-01-2020, 03:39 PM   #110
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
After all, there will be so much more to criticize after we know its specs
I already have a preliminary list! Ahem... Has accelerator, doesn't record 8K120p video, not mirrorless, AF can't track a drunk quantum cyclist phasing in and out of reality, AF points not numerous enough to completely block the viewfinder view, doesn't have UHS V support.
05-01-2020, 06:28 PM - 9 Likes   #111
Pentaxian

To me, the crowd that takes great offense as soon as any criticism is made of The Brand and start calling the personal integrity of a poster into question by asking him to purchase more gear (or just plain insulting their intelligence), well, that crowd makes PF - this place - a much less fun place to hang out in. The aggressivity, the defensiveness, it's just all pretty tiresome. Maybe some trolls actually enjoy triggering that. Maybe those who indulge in that behavior enjoy the sadistic aspect of it. I dunno. But from where I'm sitting, it all makes this forum seem much less friendly and less fun, and I'm not convinced that those flocking to defend the "honor" of their camera system in that way are actually doing it or this place much good.

Still hoping for some details on the K-New some time soon, BTW...

Last edited by Doundounba; 05-01-2020 at 06:31 PM. Reason: typos
05-01-2020, 06:37 PM - 3 Likes   #112
Pentaxian

Out of subject posts should be readily deleted by mods.

05-01-2020, 07:32 PM - 7 Likes   #113
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Out of subject posts should be readily deleted by mods.
There's some validity to that; however, semi-coherent rants can be entertaining.
05-01-2020, 08:25 PM - 1 Like   #114
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

To Ignore this webcam nonsense I have to find the place to delete some other nonsense I’m Ignoring because I am Ignoring too much nonsense.

Aaaannnddddd - DONE. My webcam is better than your webcam anyway.

Last edited by monochrome; 05-01-2020 at 09:03 PM.
05-01-2020, 10:13 PM - 2 Likes   #115
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by revelstoked Quote
As a few people have pointed out, a circuit board with a sensor and a c mount is not really even in the same category as a full fledged DSLR. It was an intentionally exaggerated comparison with some small nuggets of truth (which I will assume is what has raised some hackles).

It was basically a selfish personal call to the universe for Pentax to hurry up and make me a new camera. That said, I have enjoyed reading and responding to the discussion it generated. I do not feel that criticism, in of it self, is bad. I want Pentax to succeed and give me a beautiful new tool to replace my well worn and well loved current one. I will not be posting to this thread again, thanks for the talk!
Raising the subject of the new Pi interchangeable-lens camera in the way you did - i.e. comparing its development to Pentax, when the products and applications are so clearly unrelated (except for the fact that they both take photos) - came across as a dig at Pentax; which in fact it was, due to your frustration in waiting for a new camera (a frustration vented here countless times before, and for which we can offer no assistance). Rather than containing any nuggets of truth, it was - with respect - the somewhat trolling nature of the post (as you yourself later admitted) that raised a few hackles, as we've had many trolling posts from other members in the past... mostly folks who are less supportive of our chosen brand than, it transpires, you are; but given the lack of context in your original post, how were we supposed to tell the difference?

Last edited by BigMackCam; 05-01-2020 at 11:32 PM.
05-01-2020, 11:42 PM   #116
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
To Ignore this webcam nonsense I have to find the place to delete some other nonsense I’m Ignoring because I am Ignoring too much nonsense.

Aaaannnddddd - DONE. My webcam is better than your webcam anyway.
05-02-2020, 12:31 AM   #117
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Raising the subject of the new Pi interchangeable-lens camera in the way you did - i.e. comparing its development to Pentax, when the products and applications are so clearly unrelated (except for the fact that they both take photos) - came across as a dig at Pentax; which in fact it was, due to your frustration in waiting for a new camera (a frustration vented here countless times before, and for which we can offer no assistance). Rather than containing any nuggets of truth, it was - with respect - the somewhat trolling nature of the post (as you yourself later admitted) that raised a few hackles, as we've had many trolling posts from other members in the past... mostly folks who are less supportive of our chosen brand than, it transpires, you are; but given the lack of context in your original post, how were we supposed to tell the difference?
What is annoying is that this is about Pentax' next great hope - an advanced APS-C camera built around a new platform, with a new AF module and who knows what else.
And people are trying to destroy it. "Pentaxian" people.

I know the wait is hard - I want the FF version of that - but shouldn't we feel anticipation rather than hate?
05-02-2020, 12:58 AM   #118
Pentaxian

Original Poster
(...)

I know the wait is hard - I want the FF version of that - but shouldn't we feel anticipation rather than hate?
There is an announcement slot around 2025 or later.
05-02-2020, 01:07 AM   #119
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think it will be out just as soon as this lock down is lifted. The firmware should be well sorted!
05-02-2020, 02:24 AM   #120
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I guess I am just hopeful to see the K-new some time this fall. Raspberry Pi is neither here nor there. Of all the threats to the ILC players, this isn't one.

(It does make one wonder if someday we could see a new Q version. One can only hope...)
Closed Thread