Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1250 Likes Search this Thread
03-30-2020, 08:06 PM - 1 Like   #181
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
No price or date is given, not surprising given the paralyzed state of the world economy as well as the camera market. But the specs are.
So-called "major specs", but no weight, and no optical formula, like how many elements.
It's still looking vague, which is what makes it more of a reassurance signal than a genuine product announcement.

03-30-2020, 08:30 PM   #182
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They are pimping it pretty hard in my social media. I think it's more than a reassurance.
03-31-2020, 03:16 AM - 2 Likes   #183
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
So-called "major specs", but no weight, and no optical formula, like how many elements.
It's still looking vague, which is what makes it more of a reassurance signal than a genuine product announcement.
Oh, I think it is pretty solid at this point. The bigger question is when the economy is good enough that they can actually sell a few copies.
03-31-2020, 01:15 PM   #184
Pentaxian

Hopefully, they will anytime sell more than a few.

03-31-2020, 04:17 PM   #185
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
?

It has been announced.

It has not been launched.

That would involve an exact price and a date.

We've been told its dimensions, filter diameter, minimum focal distance. Its sibling is the superb DFA*50mm.

Do you want it or not?
03-31-2020, 06:12 PM - 1 Like   #186
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
?

It has been announced.

It has not been launched.

That would involve an exact price and a date.

We've been told its dimensions, filter diameter, minimum focal distance. Its sibling is the superb DFA*50mm.

Do you want it or not?
Yes, I want it.

Can I afford it? Unclear at this time but highly unlikely at launch price.
03-31-2020, 06:34 PM - 6 Likes   #187
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Yes, I want it.

Can I afford it? Unclear at this time but highly unlikely at launch price.
I certainly don't need it. I already have the very superb A*85/1.4 and the nearly as superb 77/1.8 and the somewhat mundane M85/2.
However, the want is strong in me.
My plan is to stay healthy, not miss any work, and take my danger pay bonuses and put that towards the new lens.
I'm being paid pretty well right now spending 40 hours a week doing what my bosses tell me to do. My last bonus bought the 70-210/4, and depending on how the next few months pan out, I should be able to pick up the new 85/1.4 on excess earnings.
Or, I will succumb to covid-19, in which case I hope the group here is kind enough to be nice to Mrs Wheatfield and give her fair pricing for my stuff.

03-31-2020, 07:08 PM   #188
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Or, I will succumb to covid-19, in which case I hope the group here is kind enough to be nice to Mrs Wheatfield and give her fair pricing for my stuff
A bit morbid, especially as if you have no other comorbidity factors in your current health, you should be OK even if you develop it. Living where it is cold also has made my general health when related to flus and colds, much better than when I lived in San Diego. So you should be bulletproof!
03-31-2020, 07:20 PM - 1 Like   #189
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I want it, but I don’t need it - and certainly not first day of issue. I have the K85/1.8 and the Auto-Takumar 85/1.8 (a different formula) for use on K-1, so once things have improved and I’ve sold some stuff I’ll get it in the fall.

There’s a part of me that dreams of selling all my collected gear and having just Pentax FF bodies and FA* / DFA* and FA Limited lenses.
03-31-2020, 08:21 PM - 2 Likes   #190
Pentaxian

Take care Wheatfield. Your country needs you.

I certainly don't need it. I already have the very superb A*85/1.4 and the nearly as superb 77/1.8 and the somewhat mundane M85/2.
However, the want is strong in me.
My plan is to stay healthy, not miss any work, and take my danger pay bonuses and put that towards the new lens.
I'm being paid pretty well right now spending 40 hours a week doing what my bosses tell me to do. My last bonus bought the 70-210/4, and depending on how the next few months pan out, I should be able to pick up the new 85/1.4 on excess earnings.
Or, I will succumb to covid-19, in which case I hope the group here is kind enough to be nice to Mrs Wheatfield and give her fair pricing for my stuff.
03-31-2020, 09:15 PM - 4 Likes   #191
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
A bit morbid, especially as if you have no other comorbidity factors in your current health, you should be OK even if you develop it. Living where it is cold also has made my general health when related to flus and colds, much better than when I lived in San Diego. So you should be bulletproof!
Past 60, diabetic with hypertension.
I have a bit of comorbidity.
I also haven't had the flu in decades. I think the last time I had the flu was in my mid 20s. I do seem to have a very high natural resistance to viral infections. I have never had a flu shot. I've worked with the general public pretty much my entire life, so I've always had high risk of exposure.
I'm being super careful right now......
03-31-2020, 10:32 PM - 1 Like   #192
Veteran Member

With the grim reaper seemingly on everyone's door-step nowadays, PentaxForums may need an 'my expected Covid-19 death' register, so that people can list their gear in advance, with price and next of kin/estate contact details.

Bleak times.
03-31-2020, 11:00 PM   #193
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
With the grim reaper seemingly on everyone's door-step nowadays, PentaxForums may need an 'my expected Covid-19 death' register, so that people can list their gear in advance, with price and next of kin/estate contact details.

Bleak times.
The things is, will there be any buyers? Will they have the funds? Bleak times, indeed.
04-01-2020, 01:08 AM   #194
Veteran Member

There is now speculation that the lens is a rebadged Sigma 85mm f1.4 Art.
04-01-2020, 01:24 AM - 3 Likes   #195
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
There is now speculation that the lens is a rebadged Sigma 85mm f1.4 Art.
Nothing more than a clickbait title from Photo Rumors stating the opposite of the report from Fstoppers they are using as source.
Closed Thread