Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2008, 06:15 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
French website tests K-m

Hi,

Maybe the subject is more relevant of the DSLR forum, but since, first samples were posted here, I open this hread here.

French website lesnumeriques.com just posted their review of the new K-m : Pentax K-m - Les Numériques.

Their conclusion :
"Le Pentax K-m est un petit reflex d'entrée de gamme étonnamment bien construit et très bien pensé, qui profite d'une interface remarquablement claire. Parfait pour les débutants en reflex, il pourra en revanche paraître léger aux plus exigeants."

"The Pentax K-m is a small bottom-of-the-range product really of unusual good built and conception, that benefits from a remarckable interface. Perfect for SLR beginers, it may look incomplete to more demanding people."

A very positive conclusion from this site that have the greatest reputation on the French web for critics of mass market electronics, in particular LCD panels, TV panels and compact cameras. In particular, it is jugged superior or equal to its direct competitors, superior to Canon EOS 1000D and equal to Nikon D60 (N being superior on auto WB, P superior on user interface)

Overall, it feels that Pentax did the perfect product for the market targetted : converts from compact and bridge cameras.

Regards,
Guillaume

BTW : focus-numerique.com, the website that published the K-m sample discussed earlier is a spinoff of this site.

10-28-2008, 08:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

the interface must be super slick if it's better than the D60 which seemed pretty easy to use in the store
10-28-2008, 09:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

this should help

Translated version of http://www.lesnumeriques.com/article-309-3934-152.html

4 out of 5 stars and very positive reception, looks like Pentax really plans of fighting to gain more market share.
10-28-2008, 10:16 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just some add-on to the news : MAJ : Pentax K-m : avec un bon objectif... - Les Numeriques

Lesnumeriques had some doubts about the quality of the 18-55 "Light" that was provided with the K-m, they received a new one today, and you can see the difference in the link above.

Maybe one more star for the kit :-)

Guillaume

10-28-2008, 10:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I CAN'T WAIT! I want one already.
10-28-2008, 11:23 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ghelary Quote
Just some add-on to the news : MAJ : Pentax K-m : avec un bon objectif... - Les Numeriques

Lesnumeriques had some doubts about the quality of the 18-55 "Light" that was provided with the K-m, they received a new one today, and you can see the difference in the link above.

Maybe one more star for the kit :-)

Guillaume
Great, just what we need, more sample variations ;P
10-28-2008, 01:40 PM   #7

Well, it sure sounds lika a nice camera, too bad I'm not going too buy one.
Maybe I can talk someone I know into buying one, just to get to try it (:
10-28-2008, 02:20 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Hmmm nice but sending out defective samples to testers is a big nono...

No doubt it's a nice new camera, but it sends a bad message about the Pentax quality control...

Pat

10-28-2008, 03:30 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Thanks for the info, very interesting