Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2008, 12:11 PM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It seems to me that even though everyone agrees RH is not worthy of a mention you still devote 4 pages (so far) saying so.
If no one were to bite at his comments then he would simply fade away.

I have seen a lot of brand loyalty in my lifetime with regard to many items but SLR owners take it to extreme measures imo (be they Pentax, Canon, Nikon or whatever).

I am happy with my Pentax, it has problems yes but it does what I need it to do and if ever it cannot I will change brands.
One thing I will never do though is slag off other users for choosing another brand.

11-07-2008, 12:35 PM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P Quote
It seems to me that even though everyone agrees RH is not worthy of a mention you still devote 4 pages (so far) saying so.
If no one were to bite at his comments then he would simply fade away.
My thoughts exactly. Imagine RH's glee now that he got so much attention.
11-07-2008, 02:33 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by *isteve Quote
RiceHigh, why should any of us give a sh*t what camera you bought in 1988?
I had a "Brownie" once....

Does that count?

OOOOOO and such language...You never used to talk to me like that
11-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
-- The doctor is IN --

It appears RH has had a bad experience with Pentax service. This made him mad at the company and he now dedicates himself to paying Pentax back for not living up to his expectations.

He was (still is?) also frustrated that he could not seem to find a body that matched his appreciation of the large investment of nice Pentax glass he has.

RH makes a number of important points regarding Pentax products and certainly cannot be called clueless. However, due to his overly negative attitude, casting a negative view on almost everything, his valid remarks just drown in a sea of one-sided rants. If he created more balanced, i.e. appropriate, accounts then his critical remarks would have more impact.

-- The doctor is OUT --
I don't get it...You mean after the 14 photos he took in his life time the camera broke down? Please explain.

11-07-2008, 02:41 PM   #50
Veteran Member

RH...Nah...forget about it...

Last edited by benjikan; 11-07-2008 at 05:27 PM. Reason: What's the use!
11-08-2008, 07:39 AM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
RH...Nah...forget about it...
I miss the big red font ...........
11-08-2008, 11:28 AM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
I miss the big red font ...........
LOL, LOL, LOL...I know..I had second thoughts and thought, "not a good thing..too negative" therefore, I decided to remove it.

Ben
11-08-2008, 12:04 PM   #53
Inactive Account

There are far too many folks here at Pentax Forums who like to stir up s**t..

Whenever someone needs to liven things up here on Pentax Forums all they have to do is bring Rice High's name into the thread & ,Voila!!!, that is sure to arouse EVERYONE'S ire..His name is also guaranteed to keep a thread going long after it should have died a quiet death..Like this one..

This is my first & will be my only time responding to one of these RH threads..I generally do not even take the time to open a thread that has his name in the title..After reading some of the threads posted concerning RH back when I first became a member of PF I quickly came to the conclusion that virtually all RH threads followed a similar pattern..Which is to say that the same folks are usually amongst his greatest detractors & are the ones that keep these threads going..And, that while RH has some legitimate points regarding Pentax digital cameras, the majority of his posts are filled with any kind of nonsense that he can think up to try & legitimize his point of view..In other words, his posts are filled with 5-10% legitimate gripes, & 90-95% percent silliness, fabrication, & bull***t..

Why has this person been allowed back here onto the forums??..He serves no purpose, that I can determine, other than to give people a villain to vent upon..

There will always be people that are going to belittle Pentax cameras..The days when Pentax commanded great respect in the camera market are far in the past..Other than the Pentax medium format film cameras, & just possibly the Pentax LX 35mm film camera; Pentax has never had very much market share as regards to professional photographers..This situation may change in the future, indeed is starting to change a little now; but currently Nikon & Canon dominate the professional dSLR market..

I cannot understand why people here do not just rise up & demand that RH be banned once & for all from PF's..Let this gadfly go someplace else & spew his particular brand of vitriolic bull***t..It disturbs me to see so many talented photographers wasting so much of their valuable time defending Pentax against this silly, silly man..

And, if RH himself is banned, then I recommend that threads discussing him be limited in scope & closed by moderators after an explanation of why the thread is being closed..Unproductive threads are closed for discussion all the time on photo.net..I say that RH threads should be discouraged from being opened, & closed after a few posts when the moderators become aware of them..After 4-5 years (just how long has he been stirring things up here anyway??) how much more needs to be discussed regarding RH??..Has not everything already been said??..

Enough said..I'll say no more forever on this issue..

Peace to all!!!!

Bruce

Last edited by baltochef920; 11-08-2008 at 12:10 PM.
11-08-2008, 12:58 PM   #54
Not Registered

Good points, I have mine too. There it goes:

1) Talented photog does not necesarily equal reasonable person does not even equal good person. Believe it or not they are human and they fail, regret, bash, troll, abuse as everyone else here (myself included...not in the talented group, in the other)
2) I would never, I repeat, NEVER, ban RH, I would ban all and every one who bash and insult to a guy that if he is as mentally damaged as you all say he is you should feel pity rather than anger. To beat such a person is weak and disgusting and in my scale of values they fall well below a person with an obsession. Check the WendyB thread not too long ago and you will clearly see what I am talking about. I also had my share of WendyB bashing until I realize that we were in front of a person with serious problems. Obviously, the forum saints didnt think the same and they felt impelled to burn the character to ashes and then piss on them to demonstrate how pure they were and how much better than the troll they were. Note that I am not saying that RH is nuts or retarded or anything but many think he is either a retarded guy or a secret agent or the like. I dont know what of the both afirmations is more stupid. And no, I dont like his posts neither but there is no need to fault a person cos you disagree with his/her thoughts.

Time to leave this silly thread and go for some valium

QuoteOriginally posted by baltochef920 Quote
There are far too many folks here at Pentax Forums who like to stir up s**t..

Whenever someone needs to liven things up here on Pentax Forums all they have to do is bring Rice High's name into the thread & ,Voila!!!, that is sure to arouse EVERYONE'S ire..His name is also guaranteed to keep a thread going long after it should have died a quiet death..Like this one..

This is my first & will be my only time responding to one of these RH threads..I generally do not even take the time to open a thread that has his name in the title..After reading some of the threads posted concerning RH back when I first became a member of PF I quickly came to the conclusion that virtually all RH threads followed a similar pattern..Which is to say that the same folks are usually amongst his greatest detractors & are the ones that keep these threads going..And, that while RH has some legitimate points regarding Pentax digital cameras, the majority of his posts are filled with any kind of nonsense that he can think up to try & legitimize his point of view..In other words, his posts are filled with 5-10% legitimate gripes, & 90-95% percent silliness, fabrication, & bull***t..

Why has this person been allowed back here onto the forums??..He serves no purpose, that I can determine, other than to give people a villain to vent upon..

There will always be people that are going to belittle Pentax cameras..The days when Pentax commanded great respect in the camera market are far in the past..Other than the Pentax medium format film cameras, & just possibly the Pentax LX 35mm film camera; Pentax has never had very much market share as regards to professional photographers..This situation may change in the future, indeed is starting to change a little now; but currently Nikon & Canon dominate the professional dSLR market..

I cannot understand why people here do not just rise up & demand that RH be banned once & for all from PF's..Let this gadfly go someplace else & spew his particular brand of vitriolic bull***t..It disturbs me to see so many talented photographers wasting so much of their valuable time defending Pentax against this silly, silly man..

And, if RH himself is banned, then I recommend that threads discussing him be limited in scope & closed by moderators after an explanation of why the thread is being closed..Unproductive threads are closed for discussion all the time on photo.net..I say that RH threads should be discouraged from being opened, & closed after a few posts when the moderators become aware of them..After 4-5 years (just how long has he been stirring things up here anyway??) how much more needs to be discussed regarding RH??..Has not everything already been said??..

Enough said..I'll say no more forever on this issue..

Peace to all!!!!

Bruce
11-08-2008, 02:31 PM   #55
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Should he be banned? I don't know. If people don't want to bother by posts, put him on the ignore list.

I don't think I have ever seen RH actually attack someone directly with derogatory words or masked in sarcasm. WendyB is another situation all together. Many didn't realize He/She was over the edge but initially thought it was someone that was BSing and got out of control with it.
11-08-2008, 06:09 PM   #56
Damn Brit

I've attacked RH a couple of times and I've apologised to him for it.
My biggest problem is the way he promotes his blog in so many of his posts, it's bad etiquette and possibly an infringement of the rules of this forum. If he were to stop posting those links (apart from the one in his sig of course) then everything else would be a case of agreeing to disagree.
Maybe the solution would be to flag and have removed those particular posts until he stops doing it.
I hope your following this RH because I have addressed the above issue with you before in the past and you didn't respond.
I certainly don't think he should be banned, this is the 'Realest' forum I have come across on the net. It's so nice to be able to talk about stuff other than Pentax here.
I admire Adam for his soft hand approach, we're all grownups here and we constantly do manage to work things out for ourself and with no pop ups as well.
11-08-2008, 06:42 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Banning RH

Personally banning him is a win/win for both the forum and RH.
Rice can use the martyrdom points and we can suffer a bit of peace........
I mean to be banned from Steves Digicams, DP Review, leave Photozone under "suspicious" circumstances and then possibly (finally)get banned here. What an honor
I think RH wouldn't mind at all.......