Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
You wast enough bandwidth yourself for the whole of Canada. You never even noticed his DA test on full from was the 18-55 on a Canon EOS film camera. He automatically assumes the DA* 200mm and DA* 300mm will not work on the FF Pentax should they ever do one. My point was he never misses a chance to promote his blog which is the most negative site regarding Pentax on the web.
because pentax can do no wrong

While i dont agree with everything RH says, he is a necessary part of the "this whole thing", whatever it is, community isnt the right word, i guess "brand existence" is what i'm trying to describe.

10-30-2008, 10:23 AM   #17
Veteran Member

There is a difference in discussing the direction of improvement in comparison to labeling Pentax as the worst camera company on the planet. I agree that RH seems a nice enough guy. I just don't agree that Pentax sux across the board.

I can't specifically say a given manufacturer has done anything "wrong." The exception may be Canon completely and spontaneous dumping the FD mount and shifting to the EF mount the way they did.

Because companies do things the way we don't like in and of itself doesn't make it wrong. Companies failing to back there product for a period of time is a general exception.
so.. knowing all that, you specificaly post pictures to lure him in, and then get angry at him for acting like you THOUGHT he would?

that would make YOU a troll then.
10-30-2008, 10:26 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
okay, what are you going to do about it, post funny pictures and hope he goes away?

HAHA

welcome to the internet pops, you got alot to learn.
I fail to follow what the hell you are talking about in this post. First, I haven't said I wanted him to go away. First off, I'd just block him. Secondly, just because I've only been on the internet for 15 years is no reason to call me pops, you snot nosed punk.
10-30-2008, 10:27 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I fail to follow what the hell you are talking about in this post. First, I haven't said I wanted him to go away. First off, I'd just block him. Secondly, just because I've only been on the internet for 15 years is no reason to call me pops, you snot nosed punk.
sorry you are right, my original msg made no sense, i re-wrote it.

10-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
sorry you are right, my original msg made no sense, i re-wrote it.
There you go mis-labeling again. I never said I lured him and no where did I show anger towards him. I said I figured he would show-up in the thread along with other people to re-debate the FF/APS-c issue and why the K20D sux crowd. There are a number of threads about the subject and I doubt anything new will come out of the debate that didn't come out 2 weeks ago.
10-30-2008, 10:11 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
"Maybe the problem is that he can’t take pictures."

In response to some similar baiting a few weeks back, RH posted a link to a series of photos of Dragon Boat races.

And you know what? There were photos there that were better than 95% of what I've seen here and on DPR, even those taken by the "most respected" members of both sites.

Of course nobody acknowledged his photos. Just as nobody wants to acknowlege that many of his points regarding Pentax shortcomings are right on the money. I guess the truth hurts?

I cannot understand why his opinions are any less valid than ours.
Hi Tom,
Laying bate is not really my style.
I come to forums to see photos, be inspired and learn more. I look at the work from Klum, Lanting, Rouse, Biggs, etc. to see what they do, how they work the lighting, how they use flash, what their tips are for optimal success in grabbing the picture.

Technicalities are of little value, if you don’t use the camera to take real photos.

I remember seeing some of the work by RH, and I think I saw the dragonraces, but as I recall, it was more of firing shots to try out the camera, than going for the iconic shots. I’m not sure he was trying to create great work of art. (But it is possible to buy photos from him, I’m sure he’s selling boatloads )
I can’t see that he showed his comparable photos with his Eos 5D.
He is claiming vast knowledge with the digital Pentax SLR line, but has never owned a Pentax K two-digit series, and his on-hand experience with them are very brief.

Like I said, I went originally his site to see what it was about; before I knew of him. For me, I don’t think the scientific approach was up to mark. Others might believe differently.
I was happy about his translation of the DC Watch article, and so I noted. From what I can see, he is also pretty fair at leaving critical posters comments stay on his site.
The Internet is flocked with people like him, and has given a podium for them to try and tell the world the truth. I just think there are way better sources out there.

Very fine pictures you got in the PPG.
10-31-2008, 01:31 AM   #22

Who the hell are "1001 Noisy Cameras" that anyone should care? They just seem to link to everyone elses work.

Huh, kinda like Ricehigh himself.

11-01-2008, 06:49 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Oh, Well..

QuoteOriginally posted by cateto Quote
Next up, we have Rice High, with a maverick approach to brand loyalty, and the maverick style of Rice High is frequently drawing the ire of some Pentaxians.
Well, Mr. 1001 believes me to be a "brand loyalist", which I have to say is somehow a maverick idea against quite some other Pentax brand "loyalists", to whom I think in their eyes I am just a "brand basher"! But, btw, can a brand basher be a brand loyalist or vice versa? Anyone knows? ;-)

QuoteQuote:
It's an absolute shame that he's cited along the names of Hogan or Rockwell.
What "shame"? How "absolute"?..
11-01-2008, 09:20 AM   #24
RaduA

Since you asked I'll enlighten you

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Well, Mr. 1001 believes me to be a "brand loyalist", which I have to say is somehow a maverick idea against quite some other Pentax brand "loyalists", to whom I think in their eyes I am just a "brand basher"! But, btw, can a brand basher be a brand loyalist or vice versa? Anyone knows? ;-)

Of couse it's possible and this is really your case. The only problem is that you have 2 different brands; one to bash (Pentax) and other to be a loyalist to (Canon)

What "shame"? How "absolute"?..

Again it's very simple ... those 2 other guys (especially Hogan) really now inside out the gear they write about or pass opinions. He's entitled for example to judge Nikon gear and he's no shy to say it's mind about it good or bad.
You are a clueless biased person who by your own admission don't test a lot of things you "judge" unless you count as a "test" spending 10 minutes in a store with a camera. Your blog is more of a complilation of ONLY bad things about Pentax gear (real or imaginary) that you pick up from the net. You were banned from most of the forums mostly because of your flaming and trolling. Last but by no means of least importance although you have Canon gear you don't have a blog to "improve by criticism" this brand too. You're just happy to compare 5D to a K100D and conclude that Canon rules and Pentax sucks.
So I hope you understood why it's really a shame that you be compared to people that actually may have some cluess about photo gear.

In a nutshell, RH you are a guy who chops off his children hair and dream about yourself as a worlwide famous hairstylist. Well, reality check ... you're not!
Radu
11-01-2008, 09:39 AM   #25
Site Supporter

Anyone in the Photographic world that uses a Pentax as their main cameras is a maverick. RH's top is a Canon.

Last edited by Blue; 11-01-2008 at 09:45 AM.
11-02-2008, 11:18 AM   #26

Original Poster
I completely co-sign the post above by Radua.
11-02-2008, 04:42 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone in the Photographic world that uses a Pentax as their main cameras is a maverick. RH's top is a Canon.
That was my point as well.
11-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #28
m8o
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
"Maybe the problem is that he can’t take pictures."

In response to some similar baiting a few weeks back, RH posted a link to a series of photos of Dragon Boat races.

And you know what? There were photos there that were better than 95% of what I've seen here and on DPR, even those taken by the "most respected" members of both sites.
I saw them (and the blurry moon shots)....especially at that proportion, I can't give credence to that claim.
11-05-2008, 02:28 PM   #29
Veteran Member

I like his rants, he loves Pentax glass but hates the lack of competition from their bodies vs the rest of the industry. Lately he seems more less of a rant maniac because the current crop of bodies have had seen improvements vs the competition.
He's still not pleased but you never know who reads his blogs and rants along with ours.

It's these rants that help change manufacturers philosophy towards product development but i can't really discuss against or for with most of you guys because i'm not a true Pentaxian like RH with 20+ years with them who knows the equipment much better then me and some other Pentax noobs, i don't really see any old-timers in here having heated discussions with him other than some minor corrections to current bodies as they have found out themselves vs their own older equipment.

RH loves Pentax glass but hates their lack luster featured bodies vs the competition.

I apologize if i'm missing something but the guy is ranting for change from Pentax, i really see nothing wrong with that?
11-05-2008, 02:40 PM   #30
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
I like his rants, he loves Pentax glass but hates the lack of competition from their bodies vs the rest of the industry. Lately he seems more less of a rant maniac because the current crop of bodies have had seen improvements vs the competition.
He's still not pleased but you never know who reads his blogs and rants along with ours.

It's these rants that help change manufacturers philosophy towards product development but i can't really discuss against or for with most of you guys because i'm not a true Pentaxian like RH with 20+ years with them who knows the equipment much better then me and some other Pentax noobs, i don't really see any old-timers in here having heated discussions with him other than some minor corrections to current bodies as they have found out themselves vs their own older equipment.

RH loves Pentax glass but hates their lack luster featured bodies vs the competition.

I apologize if i'm missing something but the guy is ranting for change from Pentax, i really see nothing wrong with that?

I understand where you are coming from. However, some of us are skeptical because he has shot only 1 older Pentax dSLR for any length of time. Yet he is an expert on these newer bodies. I don't care all read he is or how much he hased used Canon dslr, he still is a Pentax dSLR rookie in many respects.