04-21-2020, 10:56 AM - 3 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

I'm there !

And yes, Thanks to Stephen and Bela !
04-24-2020, 04:58 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Many thanks to Stephen and Bela of the Pentaxians Facebook group for doing this. I was able to be in last year's as well, and their advertising/graphic design backgrounds mean it was a wonderful book, I urge people to buy hardback editions of both. (I have no financial involvement, in fact, I will need to pay for my own copy with my own cash!)

Stunning work by fellow Pentax owners, showcasing all styles. Send to your Canonikony friends as required, don't take a backward step to their taunts.
Just adding in this link where you can order your Hard Copy ORDER PAGE!

Adding to my post a copy of the "Preview Page" and a quote "In Memory of Yvon Bourque" nice remembrance from the Pentaxians on Facebook!

Thanks to Stephen and Bela !
Attached Images

Last edited by SharkyCA; 04-25-2020 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Add to post
04-25-2020, 08:01 AM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

Lots of great shots!

04-25-2020, 09:34 AM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SharkyCA Quote
Just adding in this link where you can order your Hard Copy ORDER PAGE!
Thanks a lot for this account-free link !
04-28-2020, 02:17 AM - 4 Likes   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Madaboutpix Quote
Some inspiring work in there, I must say. Do you have to be a member of the Facebook group to contribute? (Asking this because I have no Facebook.)
QuoteOriginally posted by david94903 Quote
I believe you do.

---------- Post added 04-17-20 at 11:34 AM ----------

Am very happy to have been included in this year's yearbook. Amazing group of work to be recognized with. I feel humbled.
Exceptions are made, you do not have to be in the Facebook group, but it is advisable. This year saw the first time where the print has fewer entries due to the logistics around printing, and some had to be cut, the online version shows everyone's submission I believe.

There is a flip style viewing available now courtesy of Ricoh themselves I believe;

PENTAXIAN YEARBOOK 2020
05-03-2020, 05:00 PM - 2 Likes   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fantastic job!! Truly enjoyable to look at so much superb photography! Thank you for your efforts!

05-04-2020, 03:31 AM - 2 Likes   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I suggest anyone who thinks Pentax gear can’t make decent images should leaf through these images for a while. Proof, were any needed, that it’s the photographer who makes the photo, not the camera. Marvellous images there!
06-23-2020, 03:59 AM - 9 Likes   #24

Just saw this thread and I'm happy most of you like the outcome.

The book project was startet by me and Béla Nagy joined the project in a very early stage of the first book production in 2018. We now did the third iteration and the project became huge.
If you are considering a similar project I would be happy to share some informations about the organizing and producing such a thing.

But to make it short - it is time consuming - a lot!

Just some numbers - the 2019 Book was printed about 600 times and distributed all over the world - we have about 16.000 downloads. I did not check the numbers for the online view of the flip-book. Print production and distribution took place in Germany, layout and preproduction in Hungary. The whole thing costs us several hundred hours each year to be done. We decided not to use an online printing service like blurb anymore because of the unsure quality and the ridiculous high prices. We know this would make things much easier for us, but it was "Quality First" which led us to the point to do the whole thing "in House".
06-23-2020, 04:36 AM - 1 Like   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by StephenObermeier Quote
Ich Danke Euch Ihre Fleissigkeit!

Great images, thanks so much for the tips as well.
06-23-2020, 05:34 AM - 3 Likes   #26
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Just viewed the ' books' ,just marvelous

thankyou all

Dave
06-26-2020, 09:38 AM - 1 Like   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by StephenObermeier Quote
Just saw this thread and I'm happy most of you like the outcome.

The book project was startet by me and Béla Nagy joined the project in a very early stage of the first book production in 2018. We now did the third iteration and the project became huge.
If you are considering a similar project I would be happy to share some informations about the organizing and producing such a thing.

Just some numbers - the 2019 Book was printed about 600 times and distributed all over the world - we have about 16.000 downloads. I did not check the numbers for the online view of the flip-book. Print production and distribution took place in Germany, layout and preproduction in Hungary. The whole thing costs us several hundred hours each year to be done. We decided not to use an online printing service like blurb anymore because of the unsure quality and the ridiculous high prices. We know this would make things much easier for us, but it was "Quality First" which led us to the point to do the whole thing "in House".
You and Bela have done a marvelous job on this Stephen and thanks should be given for all the hard work!