Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2020, 02:13 PM - 1 Like   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
See you responded to a post showing exactly what I described in my response to csa.
Then someone will argue that Alex (Kunzite) is overreacting. No wonder.

And again, and again...
Yes yes; that's why I posted that despite me preferring a moving screen by a lot (I use the one on the K-1 basically every day I take the camera out ) I understand that for an action-oriented camera it's not a hugely important feature.

05-12-2020, 02:16 PM - 1 Like   #77
Veteran Member

KP, K-1 ja 645Z all have such screens and they are top of their class for each sensor size in Pentax catalog. It makes little sense for K-unknown to be released without one. Sure, K-7, K-5 and K-3 models do not have one but then again they were released at a time when none (?) of the Pentax DSLR models had one. Why replicate erratic designs from history?
05-12-2020, 02:33 PM - 3 Likes   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
KP, K-1 ja 645Z all have such screens and they are top of their class for each sensor size in Pentax catalog. It makes little sense for K-unknown to be released without one. Sure, K-7, K-5 and K-3 models do not have one but then again they were released at a time when none (?) of the Pentax DSLR models had one. Why replicate erratic designs from history?
How in the heck do you know that the K-New doesn't have some sort of articulated screen?? You need to go outside and get some fresh air, take a deep breath and clear your mind.........please! Where do you get this "erratic designs from the past" malarky? If the K-New were to have an articulated screen would you buy one or come up with some excuse that some feature didn't measure up to your lofty standards?? Have a wonderful day.
05-12-2020, 06:54 PM - 2 Likes   #79
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

MJKoski is a bit eccentric in some of his interests but he is clearly not a troll. I do not understand why people go on so about these issues. The new camera will or will not have such a screen depending on what Ricoh's research tells them will sell at a price and in quantities to justify what they do. I will go back to lurking now, nothing to see here.

05-12-2020, 07:11 PM - 3 Likes   #80
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Settle down folks. This debate has been done to death already....
05-13-2020, 02:00 AM - 2 Likes   #81
Veteran Member

It is not related to Pentax/Ricoh directly but during these modern times, companies should be very careful if they release prototype images to public. The images which were released before considering this upcoming new model did not include flip/tilt/articulation system, or if there was one it was of very dubious design.

You see, I have done (industrial) user interface design for quite some time and when it comes to user experience there is something one can never change - the first thoughts, look & feel and the actual usability. No matter what one fixes afterwards, the first impression stays and will always be remembered.

Last edited by MJKoski; 05-13-2020 at 02:05 AM.
05-13-2020, 02:39 AM - 2 Likes   #82
Pentaxian

You see, I have done (industrial) user interface design for quite some time and when it comes to user experience there is something one can never change - the first thoughts, look & feel and the actual usability. No matter what one fixes afterwards, the first impression stays and will always be remembered.
And you're here to make sure our first thought of the K-new would be unfavorable.

05-13-2020, 03:46 AM   #83
Veteran Member

No, sir, it is my point of view and my problem if I do not understand how such mechanism is built in there if there is one.

Let's go back a bit to the announcement of (proto) Cybertruck. The design caused so much noise that Musk himself acknowledged the issue and said that final version might have more refined edges and features.

Might be more favorable to present a prototype which at least has final set of features be they as rough as they may.
05-13-2020, 04:01 AM - 2 Likes   #84
Pentaxian

No, sir, it is my point of view and my problem if I do not understand how such mechanism is built in there if there is one.

Let's go back a bit to the announcement of (proto) Cybertruck. The design caused so much noise that Musk himself acknowledged the issue and said that final version might have more refined edges and features.

Might be more favorable to present a prototype which at least has final set of features be they as rough as they may.
So what exactly are you trying to accomplish?
- prevent Ricoh Imaging from selling a product you personally don't approve of, or
- expect Ricoh Imaging to cancel the almost finished product and re-launch it in 1-2 years, with the changes you've requested?
05-13-2020, 04:30 AM - 7 Likes   #85
Forum Member

Looks like we'll know a lot more on Friday

CP+2020 | RICOH IMAGING
05-13-2020, 04:41 AM   #86
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

remind me to tune in
05-13-2020, 04:44 AM - 1 Like   #87
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LukeOB Quote

CP+2020 | RICOH IMAGING
Cool!

"Our planning staff will explain the interchangeable lens and APS-C flagship SLR camera under development.
Please look forward to it."

05-13-2020, 04:59 AM - 12 Likes   #88
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
MJKoski is a bit eccentric in some of his interests but he is clearly not a troll. I do not understand why people go on so about these issues. The new camera will or will not have such a screen depending on what Ricoh's research tells them will sell at a price and in quantities to justify what they do. I will go back to lurking now, nothing to see here.
ALl these posts seem to be inflamed by negative people who in their arrogant, vain nastyness imagine themselves to be more knowledgeable about what people should do than the people doing Pentax's market research.

Honestly dudes. Pull a Steve Jobs, buck the system, go to your garage start your multi-million dollar camera company, because you know in your hearts, you know better. Stop annoying us sheep who just look at the offerings of the different manufacturers and buy what we think is closest to what we want, instead of obsessing about every little detail.

It is not necessary to know a thing about what goes on inside a camera to be a great photographer. You just have to know how to get the best output from what you have.

Honestly, how much of these "look at me, look at my great ideas, look how much I know. I'm so smart" posts can the forum take?

For most of us, even reading these posts is an act of great tolerance.

Last edited by normhead; 05-13-2020 at 05:09 AM.
05-13-2020, 05:30 AM   #89
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LukeOB Quote

CP+2020 | RICOH IMAGING
I'm afraid this might be in Japanese... without subtitles (I hope a translation will follow, but...)

I would appreciate if the Japanese speaking forum members would watch it and share whatever information they can find.
05-13-2020, 05:34 AM - 1 Like   #90
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I'm afraid this might be in Japanese... without subtitles (I hope a translation will follow, but...)

I would appreciate if the Japanese speaking forum members would watch it and share whatever information they can find.
Oh you can guarantee English translations of the reveal will be posted here the same day, and a 25 page discussion will follow.