08-17-2021, 07:08 AM - 12 Likes   #1726
Pentaxian

coming soon...

08-17-2021, 08:49 AM - 1 Like   #1727
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
coming soon...
Usually, these things come before Christmas, so that Santa Klaus can have it available in his possible wish list (for nice kids only)
08-17-2021, 09:07 AM - 3 Likes   #1728
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Why are we even discussing a Sony lens here? You have to compare apples with apples.
Because you lot are feeding a troll. Try the ignore option, it's what I did months ago.
08-17-2021, 08:18 PM - 1 Like   #1729
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
I don't think Pentax can live in it's own bubble of pricing and performance so It's interesting to see similar products from other brands.
I guess Ricoh staff know how to read internet offers from other camera brands. Usually, marketing takes a number of factors into consideration , and set prices accordingly.

---------- Post added 18-08-21 at 05:23 ----------

I forgot about the Sony compact lenses for a while.
I wasn't aware that Sony offer lenses for their cameras, but thanks. Anyway, ultra wide and wide prime lenses have been existing for a long time and available for a variety of camera mounts, the list of 20/24mm lenses might be very long (Sony, Zeiss, Nikon etc etc). This time (this thread) is about a lens made for Pentax cameras, the Pentax D-FA 21mm.

---------- Post added 18-08-21 at 05:24 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Because you lot are feeding a troll. Try the ignore option, it's what I did months ago.
I think his message was to remind us that there is existence of other brands of lenses designed for other brands of cameras and that can't be mounted on K cameras. We all know that.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 08-17-2021 at 08:25 PM.
08-18-2021, 12:15 AM   #1730
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I think his message was to remind us that there is existence of other brands of lenses designed for other brands of cameras and that can't be mounted on K cameras.
And how all those other brands are oh so much better than Pentax
08-18-2021, 12:15 AM - 1 Like   #1731
Pentaxian

coming soon...
Should we expect a more substantial leak or official info in the following weeks?
08-18-2021, 02:44 AM   #1732
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Should we expect a more substantial leak or official info in the following weeks?
Depends on how many weeks you want following, I suppose

Someone (Mistral?) did a neat history of when bodies were released a while back, and if I remember right, there is plenty of precedence for a fall release.
But that was in "normal" times, which these still aren't, I suppose...

I'm optimistic, though, that "soon" will see the lens before the end of the year... though I have nothing to back that up...

-Eric

08-18-2021, 03:01 AM - 1 Like   #1733
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Why are we even discussing a Sony lens here? You have to compare apples with apples.

1) If I'm not mistaken, the short registration distance of mirrorless cameras makes compact wide angles easier to design. Anyway, 24/2.8 is not 21/x.x

2) The DFA*50 should be compared to lenses like the Zeiss Otus and Sigma Art. Compact is not an adjective which comes to mind.

Hopefully, we'll get final specifications in the not-too-distant future.

[edit]....and Kunzite beat me to the punch [/edit]
My guess is that most of those posting in this thread own and take photos using K mount cameras. It sort of makes MILC lenses less important.

There are a number of factors that go into a lens's size -- among them are registration distance (this seems to be the one that everyone focuses on because wide angles are easier on MILCs), maximum aperture, and amount of engineering devoted to edge sharpness and correction of distortion. This last one is what is overlooked by many. Small, cheap lenses tend to have slower apertures and require more correction in post. A lens like the DFA *50 is big because it is f1.4 and it is engineered to be sharp wide open -- not because it is an SLR lens.
08-18-2021, 03:18 AM   #1734
Pentaxian

You have to compare apples with apples.
The point is that there are no apples yet. not a single one. Thats part of what makes this lens release interesting. Besides the lens itself of course.

So I'm comparing to pears even apricots because until recently there were no round fruit. Only various bananas.

In normal language: The limited niche was a Pentax and vintage thing. Now everyone is doing it. Yet another thing Pentax lead they way introducing.
08-18-2021, 03:42 AM   #1735
Pentaxian

The point is that there are no apples yet.
Can't be more wrong. The lens is probably being fabricated, assembled and packaged, with a number of lenses already waiting in a warehouse. Simply, they don't start making a product after they announce it because it's not possible to make 10 000 lenses overnight. When they release a product, they have already made sure they can take orders and delivering process works.
08-18-2021, 03:50 AM   #1736
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Can't be more wrong. The lens is probably being fabricated, assembled and packaged, with a number of lenses already waiting in a warehouse. Simply, they don't start making a product after they announce it because it's not possible to make 10 000 lenses overnight. When they release a product, they have already made sure they can take orders and delivering process works.
I think you misunderstood my convoluted analogy. There are no comparable lenses out in the wild that can serve as points of comparison and discussion considering the criteria of the post I was replying to.
08-18-2021, 04:55 AM - 2 Likes   #1737
Pentaxian

I think you misunderstood my convoluted analogy. There are no comparable lenses out in the wild that can serve as points of comparison and discussion considering the criteria of the post I was replying to.
I'm tempted to tell you what to do with your "convoluted analogy". You introduced some Sony lens on this topic out of the blue - without other reason other than trolling. Now you sort of admit you can't compare Sony with Pentax, but somehow it's someone else's fault.
If you're so uninterested in Pentax, why don't you go away to a Sony forum or something?
We'd rather wait for news about the Limited.
08-18-2021, 05:56 AM - 1 Like   #1738
Pentaxian

coming soon...
... or later

Depends on your time scale
08-18-2021, 06:22 AM   #1739
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
... or later

Depends on your time scale
Hopefully sooner.
I keep checking the Nokishita Twitter page... nothing so far
08-18-2021, 06:30 AM   #1740

sooner or later it will happen.
And we will wait for 16-50/4, 50-200/4, 200 macro dc wr ))
Closed Thread