Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1507 Likes Search this Thread
07-10-2020, 10:31 AM - 1 Like   #886
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Just askin out of curiosity, after saying that money does not count as a reason, how many reasons do you have left?

With new K-1 I mean the K-1 New which should be coming at some point.
Let's see... size and weight, reach, file size, Pentax lens selection.

Saying price doesn't count as a reason is a pretty big condition. If price wasn't a reason we'd all be driving Ferraris and Bentleys and living in castles. And if the ground rules are that we can afford anything, I might just switch my whole kit out for Hasselblad, or at least Leica.

07-10-2020, 10:53 AM - 1 Like   #887
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
Let's see... size and weight, reach, file size, Pentax lens selection.

Saying price doesn't count as a reason is a pretty big condition. If price wasn't a reason we'd all be driving Ferraris and Bentleys and living in castles. And if the ground rules are that we can afford anything, I might just switch my whole kit out for Hasselblad, or at least Leica.
Just thinking that 4000 reasons does sound to be quite a bit. As it seems that you do prefer aps-c cameras, we do look at this same thing from different perspective. As usual it does make things look different and not enough equivelance to reach same level to begin with.

Money is a factor for me too.

aps-c has it’s benefits, as does FF too and unfortunatelly size is not one of them for FF. I do actually personally have aps-c lenses and lenses for FF. And I have used for example *70-200 on my K-3 before I sold it and I have used it on K-1, which I haven’t sold. It is remarkable how well it does work with both cameras, just if that OVF would be on the same level with K-1, and AF. This is my personal experience, and yes, AF on K-1 to me seems to work better in my use.

If this K-new will have great AF and all, it would greatly compliment K-1 and the Next FF model after that. That size thing is great for travel with smaller cameras, but it is not a factor for me

To you it does not make Sense, but to me it does. And that should be fine
07-10-2020, 02:11 PM - 4 Likes   #888
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I’m thinking of getting the new K-1 when it arrives. But IF this K-New will be really good, why not a new K-1 and this K-New. Resolution is one thing, but that new OVF with X1,05 magnification seems to kill one thing I choose K-1 over K-3. That big and bright VF. I love to use FF for what it is, and for narrow DoF(i go for it most of the time) but for some things that is not needed. So not to replace, but to accompanie.
We also might think about this: what if they use the same trick on the K1-new ?
07-10-2020, 02:39 PM - 1 Like   #889
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
I'd really, really like that...

07-10-2020, 03:18 PM - 2 Likes   #890
Pentaxian

I have a feeling that looking through the next K-1 viewfinder will be like looking though a medium format viewfinder. One can only imagine what they'll do to the upcoming FF cameras that come along in terms of OVF & AF performance.
07-10-2020, 03:45 PM - 1 Like   #891
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
I have a feeling that looking through the next K-1 viewfinder will be like looking though a medium format viewfinder. One can only imagine what they'll do to the upcoming FF cameras that come along in terms of OVF & AF performance.
A K-1 with a... 0.78x OVF? Better get a high-paying job, that would be great
07-11-2020, 03:12 AM   #892
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If you want really fast frame rates with a deep buffer, I think the K-new is bound to be better than the K-1 sequel that comes out next year. It isn't that the K-1 MK III will be a slouch, but I just doubt that the sensor Pentax would choose would have as high a frame rate and the files are going to be a lot bigger.

That said, I do mostly wide angle work and don't need top end frame rates so I will hang in there for the K-1 sequel.

07-11-2020, 03:45 AM   #893
Pentaxian

We do not know yet. Seems rational that they are Putting these two, aps-c and FF at the same line. But, who knows? Perhaps this is their new thing. I like big OVF, so bring it on
07-11-2020, 03:54 AM   #894
Pentaxian

We do not know yet. Seems rational that they are Putting these two, aps-c and FF at the same line. But, who knows? Perhaps this is their new thing. I like big OVF, so bring it on
What I also mean is: people arguing that there's no better OVF by going FF, they might be surprised
07-11-2020, 04:16 AM   #895
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Physics..

The amount of light caught by the lens itself, related to the focal length and frame size, finally limits the brightness you can see in an OVF. Because of that I think the finder on this K-new with a 35mm F2, despites its 105% FoV, will be one stop darker than a K1 with a 50mm F2. Neither of this cameras will be as bright as the old maual focus film cameras were (ME super generations) because of the transcendant mirror. Or am I wrong here?
07-11-2020, 04:36 AM - 1 Like   #896
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
If you want really fast frame rates with a deep buffer, I think the K-new is bound to be better than the K-1 sequel that comes out next year. It isn't that the K-1 MK III will be a slouch, but I just doubt that the sensor Pentax would choose would have as high a frame rate and the files are going to be a lot bigger.

That said, I do mostly wide angle work and don't need top end frame rates so I will hang in there for the K-1 sequel.
I want faster frame rates with a deeper buffer, and I guess the K-1new will have that - simply because no current FF sensor is as slow as the 36MP one.
I can't wait to see the K-new, simply as a "preview" of the camera I'll buy.
08-18-2020, 10:09 AM - 1 Like   #897
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ive been patiently holding on to my K5iis so I am ready!
08-23-2020, 05:41 AM - 1 Like   #898
Pentaxian

Fresh 'rumours' from Kimio Tanaka:

- name could be K-3 III
- announcement in early fall
- release in the middle of fall
- price likely to be a little higher than everyone's expectation.

Twitter
08-23-2020, 05:44 AM   #899
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So that means announced it September? Delivery in (late) October?
I have the money ready. Regardless of cost....
08-23-2020, 06:06 AM   #900
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Disliking the name as I don't think it tells at an instant that this camera is quite different from the K-3 and K-3 II. It's been over five years since the K-3 II was released... Too long since that camera hit market to pretend they're very similar. Also too long to not have come up with a new naming convention. Both the K-1's eventual replacement and this camera should be set on some different paths as far as labeling.
Closed Thread