Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2020, 04:34 AM - 3 Likes   #841
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
So it could be the new K-8ber (or K-8) that will be presented in September somewhere in Germany... I expect the new model to be beer-resistant too...
And I was thinking it would be the K-2, a peak often attempted but seldom completed.

06-30-2020, 06:43 AM - 2 Likes   #842
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
So, I think the word Oktober is actually an anagram for the word: Ke-Robot. So we can tell that Asahi-man is trying clue us in to the fact that this camera will actually not require a photographer, but can be set free to take photographs on its own. Something like a Roomba.

This is really helpful sort of information, in my opinion.
I have no doubt that something like this would improve my photographic output.
06-30-2020, 07:23 AM - 1 Like   #843
Pentaxian

IF it ends up being launched in October, we'll only have to wait about 4 months at the extreme! Might be sooner than that if released in early October. Now given the whole global situation with the pandemic & economic loses from that, who knows how everything it will pan out by then. I guess we'll see. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4500295#forum-post-64095079
^ Another bit of info from asahi man. More info in 2 weeks? Hmmm......

Last edited by The Squirrel Mafia; 06-30-2020 at 07:36 AM.
06-30-2020, 01:54 PM   #844
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
More info in 2 weeks? Hmmm......
Probably another 'teaser' video.

07-01-2020, 02:36 AM - 2 Likes   #845
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't know. I'm tired of speculating and waiting. I'll just take a look at it when it's there. If it comes, it comes.
07-01-2020, 11:47 AM - 1 Like   #846
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
I don't know. I'm tired of speculating and waiting. I'll just take a look at it when it's there. If it comes, it comes.
Ugh... don't say things like "if" !

Do you know how much self control it is taking not to squander my hobby budget on lenses (or even more important stuff with covid lockdown related expenses) while waiting for the K-new? If the FF Teleconverter comes before the K-new, its about the only thing that might tempt me enough to break the piggy bank ahead of time. You are not alone, I think we've all had our turn at speculation and fun and games with the teases from Ricoh. I'm sure it will be worth the wait, but by now I have to admit it is starting to feel like those old Hunts Catsup commercials... anticipation...

Eric
07-02-2020, 05:54 AM   #847
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Ugh... don't say things like "if" !

Do you know how much self control it is taking not to squander my hobby budget on lenses (or even more important stuff with covid lockdown related expenses) while waiting for the K-new? If the FF Teleconverter comes before the K-new, its about the only thing that might tempt me enough to break the piggy bank ahead of time.
If you have use for a FF-TC why not get one if it were available?

07-02-2020, 06:37 AM - 3 Likes   #848
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
If you have use for a FF-TC why not get one if it were available?
Because I am budgeting for the K-new, and when the spec's are released, if we find that it is a higher pixel density that my K-1, and it has better/faster AF and burst rate, etc. then I essentially get the same view as the TC with the APSC crop factor, and a camera more suited to the job for long distance action without the image degradation of a TC.

For this type of photography with my HD FA150-450mm I'm already cropping my K-1 shots down to well below 16MP a lot of the times, so anything above that is a win. I figure the K-new will take up a lot less room not to mention the price to put in my bag as a second body than say, adding a DA560mm to my bag, heh... We'll see.
Eric
07-02-2020, 10:43 AM - 5 Likes   #849

they should call it the K9 and have it go "WOOF" every time you press the shutter button in a loud deep hunting hound voice.

---------- Post added 07-03-20 at 05:44 AM ----------

when un High FPS mode, make it sound like an angry chiwawa 🤪😂
07-02-2020, 11:50 AM - 4 Likes   #850
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
And Oktoberfest is mainly in September...

-Eric
And September is back-to-school time.

And back-to-school sales happen in August.

Ergo, it's August!!!!

Note: Eeyores and DPR (Doomed Pentax Review) will probably say it's Oktober 2021 or 2022 at the earliest.
07-02-2020, 02:39 PM - 1 Like   #851
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by marmaduke Quote
they should call it the K9 and have it go "WOOF" every time you press the shutter button in a loud deep hunting hound voice.

---------- Post added 07-03-20 at 05:44 AM ----------

when un High FPS mode, make it sound like an angry chiwawa 🤪😂
As long as it doesn't run as fast as my whippet.
07-02-2020, 03:53 PM - 6 Likes   #852
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
As long as it doesn't run as fast as my whippet.
Well when a problem comes along
You must whippet 😂
07-02-2020, 04:42 PM - 2 Likes   #853
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
And September is back-to-school time.

And back-to-school sales happen in August.

Ergo, it's August!!!!

Note: Eeyores and DPR (Doomed Pentax Review) will probably say it's Oktober 2021 or 2022 at the earliest.
This year's back-to-school sales will involve slippers and bathrobes, in which my kids can `walk to school'....

and now, back to our regularly-scheduled speculation-fest.
07-02-2020, 05:00 PM - 3 Likes   #854
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Because I am budgeting for the K-new, and when the spec's are released, if we find that it is a higher pixel density that my K-1, and it has better/faster AF and burst rate, etc. then I essentially get the same view as the TC with the APSC crop factor, and a camera more suited to the job for long distance action without the image degradation of a TC.

For this type of photography with my HD FA150-450mm I'm already cropping my K-1 shots down to well below 16MP a lot of the times, so anything above that is a win. I figure the K-new will take up a lot less room not to mention the price to put in my bag as a second body than say, adding a DA560mm to my bag, heh... We'll see.
Eric
I've pretty well much decided to wait further for the K1new.... expecting it to have close to 50mp and similar to K3 buffer and frame rate.... given the likely price of new cameras.... and just how good the existing ones I have are.... I won't just be buying one of everything now...

I recently swapped backwards and forwards between my K1 and KP on my 150-450... whilst photographing 2 to 3 meters away from some small Wrens in a bush.... did this over several days.... and in the end... no clear winner .... all things considered for what I do.

Last edited by noelpolar; 07-02-2020 at 05:16 PM.
07-03-2020, 02:34 AM - 1 Like   #855
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
Well when a problem comes along
You must whippet 😂
Whippet good!
Closed Thread