Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2020, 09:23 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

New Pentax CP+2020 Video

I have no idea what he's saying but it's off the official Ricoh Imaging Youtube channel.
It appears to be a tutorial and not about the new camera or lenses unfortuneatly.

Last edited by EricBT; 05-21-2020 at 09:28 PM.
05-21-2020, 10:46 PM - 2 Likes   #2
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
CP+ 2020 Special Seminar video series

That's nice, thanks for the news EricBT. This is one of the special seminars Ricoh was originally planning for CP+ 2020 Ricoh Imaging stage. Ricoh says all but one of those seminars will be released eventually.
CP+2020??????????? | RICOH IMAGING

This one, the first of the series, is "How I select and use PENTAX lenses for nature photography, Kobayashi's way" by Yoshiaki Kobayashi. Next week they'll release "Capturing superb scenery with THETA Z1" by Yasushi Tanikado. Apparently there will be more.
05-22-2020, 02:16 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
On Pentax's Japanese Twitter account it mentions a series of lectures / classes, free to all and going on for the remainder of the year for the Photo academy. That's one tweet. Another tweet mentions a seminar originally for CP 2020 so they will be releasing a set of videos made for that too.

Last edited by robbiec; 05-22-2020 at 02:29 AM.
05-22-2020, 02:35 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

It is exactly this kind of back-up and marketing support the brand would need for the worldwide market It wouldn´t take much to make different language versions of this.

05-22-2020, 03:20 AM - 2 Likes   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for posting this

If you switch on subtitles in YouTube, then in Settings choose auto-translation and select English, it makes a brave fist of translating (subject to the usual difficulties). You can at least get a reasonable idea of what's being discussed
05-22-2020, 04:31 AM - 3 Likes   #6
PJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
You can at least get a reasonable idea of what's being discussed
You're way ahead of me, Mike. I gave up on the sub titles around about the "boo boo ber" part. I don't think I have what it takes to be a proper photographer.
05-22-2020, 05:47 AM   #7

Ricoh has posted videos of the seminars before. Here's Kimio Tanaka talking about the K-1 at CP+ 2016, no captions unfortunately.

05-22-2020, 05:58 AM - 2 Likes   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
I gave up on the sub titles around about the "boo boo ber" part
"It's boo boo, but I tried the boo ber range tee After all, the moon is bright so it's already when I shoot like this"

What's so hard about that to understand? hmmm?

05-22-2020, 11:12 AM   #9
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
"It's boo boo, but I tried the boo ber range tee After all, the moon is bright so it's already when I shoot like this"

What's so hard about that to understand? hmmm?
What??? I had to watch it again (this time with the automatic CC turned on) just to admire the wonder of automatic translation!

FYI, that part was something like
"It (the moon pillar) was much clearer to my naked eyes, I took the challenge to capture that wondering if I really can, but this one conveys the atmosphere of it, I guess this turned out to be good? So I'm showing this to you. The moon was so bright, when you shoot like this you tend to get ghost/flare, "

[update]

I was wondering why it's so bad, it turns out that this is not the translation error but the Japanese dictation is totally screwed up. When I changed CC setting from "Japanese (auto generated) >> English" to just "Japanese (auto generated)",

"It's boo boo, but I tried the boo ber range tee"

changed to

"ブーブーんですけれどもブーブーレンジてみたティ"
which doesn't mean anything but is pronounced "boo boon desu keredomo boo boo renji te mita tee".

This is an especially bad example, but many of funny "translation errors" seem to be Japanese dictation errors in reality. For example at around 15:04 or so when he's showing off the milkyway starscape, he's saying "Amanogawa no shashin" (Amanogawa="heavenly river"=milkyway, shashin=photo), but the Japanese dictation code thought that it was "ama noga shashin" or "ame noga shashin", which doesn't make sense grammatically but if you're learning Japanese you might say something like that, which could, maybe, sort of, be interpreted as "photo of rain", and sure enough English CC is "a photo of rain".

Last edited by kwb; 05-22-2020 at 12:05 PM.
05-22-2020, 12:23 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by EricBT Quote
I have no idea what he's saying but it's off the official Ricoh Imaging Youtube channel.
It appears to be a tutorial and not about the new camera or lenses unfortuneatly.

CP+2020 ???????????????? - YouTube
Really excellent shots, and quite interesting documents regarding some of the newest lenses or DA / full frame compatible ones !