Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 70 Likes Search this Thread
06-16-2020, 04:06 AM - 1 Like   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Where are you finding an indication that there is "another battery"? You've mentioned this twice but I have not seen any information from Ricoh that this is so.

GR III Street Edition - Ricoh
It was stated at first and corrected later.

06-22-2020, 06:53 PM   #77
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I still dont understand why we have to press the shutter to record an image - especially during the scenario when we use a finger to select the focus point. Holding it for a second on the focus point should activate the shutter automatically. Or use iPhone-like 3D-touch technology.
06-23-2020, 07:31 AM - 2 Likes   #78
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by manishved Quote
I still dont understand why we have to press the shutter to record an image - especially during the scenario when we use a finger to select the focus point. Holding it for a second on the focus point should activate the shutter automatically. Or use iPhone-like 3D-touch technology.
This review suggests 'touch to activate shutter' is included on the Street Edition and will be coming via firmware update to the regular GRiii later this year, fingers crossed.

06-23-2020, 09:36 AM   #79
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tbelf Quote
This review suggests 'touch to activate shutter' is included on the Street Edition and will be coming via firmware update to the regular GRiii later this year, fingers crossed.

Ricoh GRIII "STREET EDITION" Unboxing! - YouTube
Awesome! I am sold

07-30-2020, 02:34 AM   #80
Pentaxian

And Ricoh released the GR III firmware:
QuoteQuote:
Enhanced functions

[Full Press Snap function is possible by touching the LCD screen]

The full-press snap function can be used not only by pressing the shutter button all at once, but also by touching the LCD monitor.
With this update, it has the same functions as "RICOH GR III Street Edition" (version 1.40).

How to use details:Function Expand Firmware | RICOH GR III | RICOH IMAGING

Function modification

[Correct location information record]

In the case of south latitude or west longitude, the location information acquired from the smartphone was not recorded accurately in the Exif GPS tag, and the GPS location display in [Playback Details] was corrected.
RICOH GR III firmware update released?RICOH IMAGING

Hmm... is this applicable to GR III Street Edition, as well as to the regular GR III?
07-30-2020, 02:51 AM   #81
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
And Ricoh released the GR III firmware:

RICOH GR III firmware update released?RICOH IMAGING

Hmm... is this applicable to GR III Street Edition, as well as to the regular GR III?
From the wording, I'd say it's the firmware that the SE came with? They just probably took a bit longer to bring it out to the regular cameras because they had to make sure nothing broke during the update process I guess.
07-30-2020, 02:53 AM - 1 Like   #82
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
From the wording, I'd say it's the firmware that the SE came with? They just probably took a bit longer to bring it out to the regular cameras because they had to make sure nothing broke during the update process I guess.
"Nothing broke" probably means no GR III Street Edition logo appearing anywhere

07-30-2020, 02:57 AM   #83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
"Nothing broke" probably means no GR III Street Edition logo appearing anywhere
Firmware 1.X: fixed a bug where owners of the basic GR iii model had salt poured on the "it's not the objectively prettier version" wound on switch off?
07-30-2020, 09:41 AM   #84
Pentaxian

People will still want to capture a "special moment", which could happen some seconds after the focus point has been found - no reason to capture n shots which you know beforehand are not wanted.
10-21-2020, 02:56 AM   #85
Pentaxian

According to Nokishita Camera, the Ricoh GR III 'Street Edition' camera will be sold separately (without the optical viewfinder and accessories) for $949 (the Special Limited Kit is priced at $1,999). Orders should open soon and the camera should be available on 13 November 2020.

Twitter
10-21-2020, 03:44 AM   #86
Pentaxian

Let's speculate.
10-21-2020, 05:00 AM   #87
Pentaxian

I still don’t understand what you are suggesting.
I may hold my camera at several possible framing points before deciding which one I want.
I need some way of telling it which one to record, and the shutter button is the traditional way of telling it to record.
What are you suggesting would be a better way??
{I am typing this on an iPhone8, incidentally}.

Last edited by reh321; 10-21-2020 at 05:06 AM.
10-21-2020, 04:14 PM - 1 Like   #88
Pentaxian

Announced.

GR III Street Edition Camera - Ricoh
10-29-2020, 08:59 AM   #89
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Anyone interested in a brand new limited edition GR III Street Edition - Special Limited Edition Kit?