Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2020, 10:26 AM   #376
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
While interesting, all this car talk is way off topic. When off topic discussion goes on at this length it is a sign that the topical discussion has run its course. Ordinarily I would close the thread but since there is a raffle going on some leeway is given.

However, please keep the discussion on topic to the thread title.
I tend to agree this topic has gone a bit off track, but it has gone on for only 25 pages, so many others have gone for many more pages with numerous tangential comments.

11-26-2020, 03:20 PM - 1 Like   #377
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
At the end of the day the only ' winners ' will be the lawyers.
11-26-2020, 10:40 PM - 1 Like   #378
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Photos-by-Chas Quote
I tend to agree this topic has gone a bit off track, but it has gone on for only 25 pages, so many others have gone for many more pages with numerous tangential comments.
So, the real question, then, is whether the give-away K-70 will encounter aperture-block problems.

---------- Post added 11-26-20 at 11:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I think you'll find the solenoid inside your K-r is white, the K-30 green, they're not the same.
That's actually pretty interesting...thanks. I never got to the stage of tearing down either model, although I did get ahold of a replacement 'good' solenoid (for the K-30) before ending up sending them off for repair. I'm pretty interested by the K-x/K-r behavior now because problems there were also reasonably prevalent.

Out of curiosity... For anyone who had a K-30 (or similar) repaired 'officially', does it come back with the same type of solenoid? Or do they switch during the repair process?

Last edited by ofer4; 11-26-2020 at 11:38 PM.
11-27-2020, 05:11 AM   #379
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ofer4 Quote
So, the real question, then, is whether the give-away K-70 will encounter aperture-block problems. [COLOR="Silver"]

That's actually pretty interesting...thanks. I never got to the stage of tearing down either model, although I did get ahold of a replacement 'good' solenoid (for the K-30) before ending up sending them off for repair. I'm pretty interested by the K-x/K-r behavior now because problems there were also reasonably prevalent.

Out of curiosity... For anyone who had a K-30 (or similar) repaired 'officially', does it come back with the same type of solenoid? Or do they switch during the repair process?
The “white” {Made in Japan} solenoid is no longer made - the only source of them is dismantling old cameras - so the “green” solenoid is what is used for new production and ‘official’ repairs..

11-27-2020, 07:36 AM   #380
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ofer4 Quote
[/COLOR] I'm pretty interested by the K-x/K-r behavior now because problems there were also reasonably prevalent.
I own two K-x cameras and have not had any aperture problems with either. Each has, on a few occasions, taken two photos which superimposed in one frame. The camera was set to single shot so I do not know how that happened. Each camera has approximately 12,000 shutter clicks.
11-27-2020, 06:19 PM   #381
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
The “white” {Made in Japan} solenoid is no longer made - the only source of them is dismantling old cameras - so the “green” solenoid is what is used for new production and ‘official’ repairs..
Thanks, reh321.
11-27-2020, 10:22 PM   #382

Authorized service centers are unlikely to substitute the white solenoid even if you supplied it. They go "by the book" and are not likely to use a part of dubious origin unless specified by the Ricoh repair manuals and bulletins.

11-29-2020, 08:14 AM   #383
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
At the end of the day the only ' winners ' will be the lawyers.
Indeed.
12-07-2020, 08:09 AM   #384

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Photos-by-Chas Quote
I own two K-x cameras and have not had any aperture problems with either. Each has, on a few occasions, taken two photos which superimposed in one frame. The camera was set to single shot so I do not know how that happened. Each camera has approximately 12,000 shutter clicks.
I subscribe to this, my old K-x worked flawlessly until I sold it (approximately 15K shots).
12-07-2020, 10:10 AM   #385
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mirceattl Quote
I subscribe to this, my old K-x worked flawlessly until I sold it (approximately 15K shots).
Since I have two Kx cameras plus a K70, I only use one Kx so would be willing to sell mine of anyone is interested.
12-09-2020, 02:37 PM   #386
Site Supporter

I never had any problems with my old Kx other than it had the loudest shutter ever
12-09-2020, 03:30 PM   #387
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I never had any problems with my old Kx other than it had the loudest shutter ever
I use hearing aids so do not pay much attention to the shutter sound.
12-16-2020, 02:46 AM   #388

Photos: Gallery
Having owned the K-x, I could not say the shutter sound bothered me a bit.
12-16-2020, 11:21 AM   #389
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Try shooting discretely with a Pentax 67 - now there is noise
12-16-2020, 12:30 PM   #390
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
Try shooting discretely with a Pentax 67 - now there is noise
The KX and Pentax 67 made more noise than the mechanical cameras, such as K1000 and those made by Practika??