Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2020, 09:03 AM - 1 Like   #196
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
I actually believe this would be a helpful forum rule (no more than 2x to 3x making the same claims) which would enhance a lot, simple as it is.

It would combine well with an approach where someone who has stated his opinion these 2x to 3x in thread A already, we do not need to read the same in ten other recent threads (of the last month or so).

Just thinking of how many LENS threads got filled with people bombing home their message "this lens is worthless if I do net get my personal wishlist body" (and vice versa).

Well, "I don't need long expensive lens 'cos my cheap one with TC" is better can get pretty repetitive too.

07-08-2020, 09:04 AM   #197
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
How would this rule be enforced? Moderators would have to go thru the threads & count those; which for volunteers with real lives, would be a much added burden.

Of course, if someone wanted to step up to become a Mod, to do the counting...........
No need. Just enforced, when someone reports it. As long as noone is annoyed, no need for action. But when people get harassed there is a known reason for deletion.

Last edited by beholder3; 07-08-2020 at 10:15 AM.
07-08-2020, 11:32 AM - 1 Like   #198
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No need. Just enforced, when someone reports it. As long as noone is annoyed, no need for action. But when people get harassed there is a known reason for deletion.
This would simply be a duplicate of the Mod Alerts.
07-08-2020, 02:44 PM - 10 Likes   #199
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Re: Message from the PF team

Hi -

Thank you for this!

I have over a certain amount of time much enjoyed being part of this forum, focused as it is on picture taking.

For haggling over brands there is dpreview. No particular need for such arguments all over the enthusiast community.

Actually I am primarily a Sony shooter these days, after previously leaning towards the K1 Pentax series, also good cameras.

I've kept my small collection of classic Pentax lenses which work with adapters. My first 'good' camera was a manual film Nikon.

However I like to return and vote on the monthly contest submissions, and am in awe of the many talented people out there.

Indeed please stay civil, so this site will remain as much fun as it has been. Thanks.

Cheers, C.

07-08-2020, 05:38 PM - 3 Likes   #200
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Well, "I don't need long expensive lens 'cos my cheap one with TC" is better can get pretty repetitive too.
Almost as much as "I'm not buying another Pentax until they make one that shoots 96K video."
07-08-2020, 05:52 PM - 1 Like   #201
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
"I'm not buying another Pentax until they make one that shoots 96K video."
Charlie Chaplin said that!
07-09-2020, 02:54 AM   #202
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
This would simply be a duplicate of the Mod Alerts.
No. To alert a mod I first need a valid reasoning, usually based on a rule.
Therefore the new rule was proposed.

07-09-2020, 03:05 AM - 3 Likes   #203
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
We just need a few more Karens.
Maybe Rice High could make a come back as a moderator? He probably has a fair amount of time on his hands.
07-09-2020, 03:23 AM - 6 Likes   #204
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

With respect, isn't this becoming the very sort of repeated point-making that you were objecting to? You made a point, Carol disagrees... In your proposed scenario, it ends there, or maybe after one more iteration... No?
07-09-2020, 05:20 AM - 4 Likes   #205
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, it would be the same thing as we have now. If you think a post or series of posts inappropriate, report it.

BTW, take a look at my post here and the post quoted in it.
07-09-2020, 06:30 AM   #206
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Almost as much as "I'm not buying another Pentax until they make one that shoots 96K video."
indeed.
07-09-2020, 06:20 PM   #207
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

[quoteOriginally posted by beholder3 No. To alert a mod I first need a valid reasoning, usually based on a rule.
Therefore the new rule was proposed. ]

Parallax: Yes, it would be the same thing as we have now. If you think a post or series of posts inappropriate, report it.[/quote]

Absolutely, it's the same thing. You say to alert a mod, you need a valid reasoning, usually based on a rule. Then a new rule is proposed, so you are still contacting a Mod regarding a "rule". Parallax, above; said it best.
07-09-2020, 08:04 PM - 4 Likes   #208
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
isn't this becoming the very sort of repeated point-making that you were objecting to?
I think we are at the "Is this the five minute argument or the ten minute argument?" stage.
07-09-2020, 08:52 PM - 6 Likes   #209
Pentaxian

Every so often I will come across a thread that degenerates into a long, no win argument, usually between two posters. It becomes a verbal cage match, with both of them trying to one up, the other. Through experience I've found it best not to intervene...or even worse....become one of the two...or sometimes more.... combatants.

I've left a few forums because these battles have become more the rule than the exception, and if left to fester, often create a negative climate over much of some forums.

Sad thing is, that often it is the same, few posters. Predictable modus operandi.

However I must say the Pentax forum moderators do an excellent job in shutting down these battles before they get out of hand, and I doff my cap to them. But it must be exhausting sometimes to deal with.
07-10-2020, 06:40 AM - 6 Likes   #210
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think Adam and his team has done an exceptional job in keeping this forum friendly for all members, and a joy and privilege to belong to!