Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2020, 02:21 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
don't want to be too skeptical but if this was meant to bring big and positive news I'd imagine the link to be established long time ago, static, and with a proper Ricoh Imaging campaign... unless it is in the hands of the same team that created K-01 (NOTE: I know there are people who love it and I respect them!)

---------- Post added 07-16-2020 at 02:30 AM ----------

Just realized that the Facebook Event they created says:
Join us on Thursday at 8pm AEST for an announcement. We will update this event with a link at the specified time.
which means that we get the link now but not necessarily that the announcement will be now

07-16-2020, 02:36 AM   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by davidsladek Quote
don't want to be too skeptical but if this was meant to bring big and positive news I'd imagine the link to be established long time ago, static, and with a proper Ricoh Imaging campaign... unless it is in the hands of the same team that created K-01 (NOTE: I know there are people who love it and I respect them!)
You are too skeptical. What are you trying to say, that they'll have bad news? Via marketing videos? It doesn't make any sense.

The content will be published as planned, not before.
07-16-2020, 02:40 AM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
You are too skeptical. What are you trying to say, that they'll have bad news? Via marketing videos? It doesn't make any sense.

The content will be published as planned, not before.
I get the thing about publishing on time, that is perfectly normal. But the incoherent (or in most part non-existent) campaign to draw attention to this is just a bit disappointing

Their facebook event (the only one I found) hosted by Pentax Australia has 48 going · 111 interested people... that is pretty dismal for a global marketing feat
07-16-2020, 02:47 AM - 1 Like   #64
Pentaxian

I get the thing about publishing on time, that is perfectly normal. But the incoherent (or in most part non-existent) campaign to draw attention to this is just a bit disappointing

Their facebook event (the only one I found) hosted by Pentax Australia has 48 going · 111 interested people... that is pretty dismal for a global marketing feat
Are you seriously talking about a campaign to draw attention to a campaign to draw attention at what Pentax will be doing?
How about the campaign to draw attention to that campaign to draw attention to a campaign to draw attention at what Pentax will be doing?
How about... (you get the idea)

Now, let's stop nitpicking and wait for the content.

07-16-2020, 02:51 AM - 1 Like   #65
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
??

It is *not* the Ricoh announcement, what you're looking at is some related event by Pentax Australia.

Not global, not aimed at you, Dave, aimed at someone like me!

What made you think otherwise?
07-16-2020, 02:52 AM   #66
Veteran Member

Are you seriously talking about a campaign to draw attention to a campaign to draw attention at what Pentax will be doing?
How about the campaign to draw attention to that campaign to draw attention to a campaign to draw attention at what Pentax will be doing?
How about... (you get the idea)

Now, let's stop nitpicking and wait for the content.
Not sure why you are reacting like this, I just said that if they wanted to reach more people with their brand message they should have organized the promo for the announcement better. Anyway, 8 minutes to go, so get your popcorn and coke and get comfy... )
07-16-2020, 02:54 AM   #67
Pentaxian

Not sure why you are reacting like this, I just said that if they wanted to reach more people with their brand message they should have organized the promo for the announcement better. Anyway, 8 minutes to go, so get your popcorn and coke and get comfy... )
Because you're negative for the silliest reasons, instead of wanting to hear what they'll say.

07-16-2020, 02:55 AM   #68
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

It should appear here in about an hour:
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan/brand/pentax/vision/
Perfect! Thanks for posting!
07-16-2020, 03:08 AM   #69
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

So far, looks like a statement supporting DSLRs as a choice, by the FB post.
07-16-2020, 03:12 AM - 3 Likes   #70
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
New Pentax Message on Ricoh Web Site

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/brand/pentax/vision/?utm_source=rim_t...gn=statement_e

Anyone wanting a Pentax branded mirrorless will be disappointed!
07-16-2020, 03:16 AM - 2 Likes   #71
Pentaxian

That is the right choice.
07-16-2020, 03:18 AM   #72
Pentaxian

Well, they don't rule out mirrorless either AFAICT, but SLR is focus.
Don't forget Ricoh cameras can all be mirrorless though
07-16-2020, 03:21 AM   #73
Veteran Member

at the end of the Interview Movie, the next video with actual info about new products is announced for 22nd July 7pm Japan time
07-16-2020, 03:23 AM - 2 Likes   #74
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

So, despite all rumours that Ricoh will join Olympus in getting out of the camera business, the Ricoh Imaging President commits to developing cameras, that have a joy to them instead of just being electronic capture devices. Take that, Tony Northrup!

And July 22nd there will be a video about the upcoming APS-C flagship. We see the journalist playing with it.
07-16-2020, 03:26 AM - 2 Likes   #75

relevant bit

Announcement for an announcement, folks.

Name:  Capturepent.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  96.3 KB