Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2008, 06:04 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
k200d consumer reports sees the light

oh holy night...... after 'sumer reports dissed pentax dslrs in a recent edition...
the latest reports has the 200d at the top of the list...... oh, what an epiphany...
however they peg the 20d towards the back of the pack..............
just goes to show ya....
when it comes to washers and dryers... maybe even cars.... not a bad mag....
when it comes to digital cameras, primarily dslrs..... look elsewhere for
qualified reviews.... from pros, consumers, amateurs and professional lab results...
fortunately for me, i did NOT worry 'bout cr would or did say about the k200d...
i'm happy with mine.........
hey cr, any reviews of garden mulch????????????????????

11-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
oh holy night...... after 'sumer reports dissed pentax dslrs in a recent edition...
the latest reports has the 200d at the top of the list...... oh, what an epiphany...
however they peg the 20d towards the back of the pack..............
just goes to show ya....
when it comes to washers and dryers... maybe even cars.... not a bad mag....
when it comes to digital cameras, primarily dslrs..... look elsewhere for
qualified reviews.... from pros, consumers, amateurs and professional lab results...
fortunately for me, i did NOT worry 'bout cr would or did say about the k200d...
i'm happy with mine.........
hey cr, any reviews of garden mulch????????????????????
No, they pretty much suck for cars and everything else things too. CR had some value before the days of the net, but not anymore. You are VASTLY better off getting product reviews from sites that specialize in a particular type of product, run by a staff that knows what to look for. CR is jack-of-all-trades, master of none. Too late to like them just because they like my Pentax.
11-04-2008, 11:00 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree with the general assessment with CR regarding dSLRs. I am an online subscriber but generally pooh-pooh their reviews of cameras. It is not that they are bad reviews, it is just that they are not appropriate for the enthusiast.

On the other hand, my CR subscription was a lifesaver this last week. My dishwasher abruptly died and I had neither the time, nor the patience for a complete market/product evaluation. I went to the CR Web site and noted their top models. I then hit sears.com and found a derivative of a recommended model on sale for almost $300 off with free delivery. Task accomplished!

There is another area where CR is really useful. They are one of the few places where you can get comparative reliability data. That is so, so, so useful when shopping for appliances, computers, and yes, used cars.

Steve

BTW...CR downgraded the K20D based on its FPS, battery life, and in-camera JPEG quality, and performance at high ISO (????).
11-30-2008, 12:22 AM   #4
Inactive Account

I agree that CR might be of benifit once in a while. However, it is clear that today one doesn't have to round up information by driving around to pick up newspapers, Everything is there web from fact to opinion. Furthermore, would you believe a company that also sells a magazine to tell poeple where to invests their money and another telling them how to hangle health problems. The fact that they hold themselves out as experts in everthing is evidence of servere limations. I prefer my medical advice from my doctor.

James