Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
07-19-2020, 01:59 PM - 5 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Ricoh Imaging videos - new Takumichi Seo walkaround

Noticed there were a couple of new videos at RICOH IMAGING - YouTube a fairly interesting one, without subtitles, following Takumichi Seo (again) They guy is carrying all three formats 645, FF, apsc and does A LOT of in camera tweaking on the spot. Run it with auto translated subtitles for a bit of fun...

Last edited by house; 07-21-2020 at 02:05 PM.
07-20-2020, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is impressive to come up with that much material by just walking around for few hours like that. Lots of image tweaking, back and force between shooting and looking on LCD. Interesting work flow for sure. For me I like to just shoot and shoot and ask questions later, so much so that I have my preview mode turned off so that I don't keep looking back and concentrate on shooting. I was thinking that EVF would perhaps be better for his style of work flow?? His end product would not resemble what he sees in OVF that well.I dunno.
07-20-2020, 06:59 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I agree, and always avoid to mix shooting sessions with post-processing.
Hence the interest of raw format...
07-20-2020, 09:27 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Man, this guy can post-process his pictures in camera faster than a texting teenager.

Very interesting work-flow, almost unique. I love seeing this kind of stuff.

07-21-2020, 07:01 AM   #5

Thanks for posting. This is really interesting. I guess, I will have to learn Japanese then as Pentax does not provide English subs. ;-)
07-21-2020, 10:55 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
maybe he's post processing for quick dump to phone for social media, not the be-all end-all of his photography.
07-21-2020, 01:22 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It looks like he takes a photo adjusts settings, then takes another photo with those settings active?

All this whilst carrying two cameras. (+645 in bag).

Well it looks smooth enough in the video. Sort of nice to do the edit with the scene in front of you. Puts a lot of trust in that LCD in various lighting conditions though.

07-21-2020, 01:28 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You can get English subtitles. Click on the wheel, select subtitles then select translate and you will be given a list of target languages. The machine translations are very weak but the gist can be obtained with a little thought. Far from perfect but ok.
07-21-2020, 01:41 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
You can get English subtitles. Click on the wheel, select subtitles then select translate and you will be given a list of target languages. The machine translations are very weak but the gist can be obtained with a little thought. Far from perfect but ok.
From OP "Run it with auto translated subtitles for a bit of fun..."
Those auto translations are pretty "free" you best enjoy them on acid.
07-21-2020, 02:51 PM - 3 Likes   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
I see what you mean: I’m still smiling about “blue for breakfast” and the possibilities of “love entrance”.
07-21-2020, 03:42 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
Some of the best stuff I've seen on the Internet is wrestling catch phrases, promos, etc run through Google Translate with several different languages then back to English...

We put famous wrestling catch-phrases through multiple layers of Google Translate -- enjoy!
07-22-2020, 03:02 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here we go!
07-24-2020, 08:37 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Great video! I cant tell if he is shooting in raw or not? If in raw, I am just wondering why change the colour temp, saturation etc on camera? Why not do this in Post?
07-24-2020, 12:30 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
Great video! I cant tell if he is shooting in raw or not? If in raw, I am just wondering why change the colour temp, saturation etc on camera? Why not do this in Post?
He seems to want to get it right in the camera. He probably does little or no later editing. There have been several comments in various threads that many Japanese photographers just want to get the picture right on the jpg out of camera. I have no direct knowledge of this but a number of the Ricoh/Pentax promo videos have seemed to imply this.
07-24-2020, 03:21 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Its quite a nice idea to do editing with the subject in front if you. As I said before the limitations of the screen in various lighting conditions makes it seem a dubious strategy to me.