Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 944 Likes Search this Thread
07-22-2020, 07:46 AM - 1 Like   #91
Pentaxian

The Accelerator Unit is still there. I wonder if they took into account all the complaints about it.

07-22-2020, 07:58 AM   #92

GPS

any hint if the K-New will have GPS?
07-22-2020, 07:59 AM - 1 Like   #93
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They pretty much said it is new from inside out. Brand new mirror system. more samperi and Quicker and more silent. And more responsive than K-P. I suppose that accelerator chip is new too. Sensor, everything, latest of latest. It does not really look like small upgrade, of K-P. Pentaprism has been polished and remade with highquality materials to remove distortion. Dunno, if one is not really looking forward to get their toes wet in mirrorless world, and hope for great performance. On their Pentax. This should be Soundin good. They did really mention perhaps trying or using more of burst shooting instead of single shot mode, because of this new technology, it seems out of box thinking from main user group of Pentax. Interesting to hear about their process of making that grip too. And increasing button size. So user experience should be quite good.
07-22-2020, 08:01 AM - 3 Likes   #94
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BarneyL Quote
The Accelerator Unit is still there. I wonder if they took into account all the complaints about it.
Funny thing is, before having a model with the identical sensor to pixel peep (sometimes at 200%) the image quality in the APS-C KP, especially the high ISO, got only praise...

07-22-2020, 08:02 AM - 2 Likes   #95
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
I'm waiting for actual specs, user reviews, & so forth & so on. Hopefully sometime this year.

It's pretty bold of them to claim that this is the most advanced APS-C DSLR camera
. I guess we'll see once reviewers & users get their hands on it. I'll be damned if DPR proclaims this as the most amazing APS-C DSLR body EVAR! Hahaha!

One only knows that most review sites will slam this camera even further if it doesn't yield the proclaimed "expectancies".
To me that means they're improving all of it. AF-C is going to be extremely competitive. Buffer almost bottomless. High ISO image quality at least on par with the KP, if not better. Low ISO class-leading or close. IBIS improvements. And not dropping (m)any features from prior cameras like GPS. Video has to be the best from any Pentax camera, I'd assume.

Lack of flippy screen will give reviewers something to... note.
07-22-2020, 08:35 AM   #96
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by termy Quote
lack of tilt screen (something like the KP) is rather disappointing..
ALL last Pentax DLSR have tilt screen....It's strange that KP and K-1 have, but K-new has no....
07-22-2020, 08:38 AM - 1 Like   #97
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have articulating or "flippy screens" on all my Pentax cameras. On my old KS2's and K-50 I used it a few times since I was doing a lot more macro shooting on hikes. I don't recall using it at all on my K70's, not sure why except I haven't needed to, and only twice so far on the K1 and again on a hike. Since I don't plan to sell off my other cameras I'll still have one at least, almost certainly one of the compact and light K70's, for those field trips where I generally carry two cameras anyway.

I'm personally not concerned if the K-New doesn't have one too, altho I could certainly understand that if it was the only camera you were going to own you may think you "might need it someday". I'm sure Pentax didn't make the decision lightly so it's quite likely you would have to give something else up from the new camera in order to have the flippy screen

07-22-2020, 08:39 AM   #98
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
Yea, D FA* 70-200, D FA* 50mm and D FA* 85mm in silver
07-22-2020, 08:39 AM   #99
ogl
Banned

is there SR button?
07-22-2020, 08:41 AM - 4 Likes   #100
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BarneyL Quote
From what I saw, most of the complaints were from credential-less "experts".
I had a good hard look at files from the K1 and the K1II and thought that the files with the accelerator unit looked better.

---------- Post added Jul 22nd, 2020 at 09:44 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
ALL last Pentax DLSR have tilt screen....It's strange that KP and K-1 have, but K-new has no....
Especially since it only adds a couple of millimetres to the thickness of the camera. It's certainly become an expected feature on cameras, it's odd that they appear to be leaving it off of this one.
07-22-2020, 08:49 AM   #101
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
is there SR button?
Interestingly, on the black model it has the SR button on the left, above the RAW button. On the silver model shown, it has the Lock icon on the same button instead.
07-22-2020, 08:49 AM   #102
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
is there SR button?
The silver one is an older prototype. You can see it still has the old joystick.

I believe they moved the SR button to the left side anyway (?)
07-22-2020, 08:57 AM   #103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Whats the black dot on both sides of the prism good for?
07-22-2020, 08:58 AM - 1 Like   #104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote

Especially since it only adds a couple of millimetres to the thickness of the camera. It's certainly become an expected feature on cameras, it's odd that they appear to be leaving it off of this one.
And even then it depends on the construction - the K-5 is thicker than the KP (measuring from sensor to screen surface) by a couple mm.

---------- Post added 07-22-20 at 08:58 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Maybe microphone holes?
07-22-2020, 08:59 AM   #105
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Microphone input, I think. Maybe noise cancelling microphones too
Closed Thread