Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 944 Likes Search this Thread
07-22-2020, 09:22 PM   #181
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BROO Quote
Why an SR button?
In the case of this camera, SR does not stand for "Shake Reduction".

It's "Shutter Remove". It deactivates the shutter and enables the hybrid viewfinder.

07-22-2020, 09:23 PM - 2 Likes   #182

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveinSLC Quote
In the case of this camera, SR does not stand for "Shake Reduction".

It's "Shutter Remove". It deactivates the shutter and enables the hybrid viewfinder.
Stop it. That's not nice to get our hopes up like that.

07-22-2020, 09:29 PM   #183
Veteran Member

What I don't understand - the mentioned improvement in the low ISO - I didn't know that there are any problems. Both K3 an K1 are doing an excellent job in low ISO.

Interesting would be real ISO Settings below 100 like 50 and 25.

Very interesting for me would be further improvements in high ISO Quality between 5000 and 25000.
07-22-2020, 09:38 PM - 3 Likes   #184
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I found both this and last week's presentations endearing
"Endearing", yes that's the word for it. I was trying to explain it to my wife as to why I found it so entertaining! It made me feel quite good about Pentax actually. I want to look through that viewfinder.

---------- Post added 07-22-20 at 09:46 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Back in those days, a silver body was aluminium, a black body was enameled brass. There was more going on with black bodies than just the paint. The brass bodies were more robust. Now it's just different coloured plastic, so it is purely about looks.
This is something I did not know.

The looks can count sometimes I guess...some feel that black is a little less distracting to your quarry when taking people shots.

---------- Post added 07-22-20 at 09:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I used to like the yellow tools but now I think the grey ones are better.
I still like the yellow ones. My shed is messy, and it makes them easier to find.

07-22-2020, 09:50 PM - 3 Likes   #185
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SteveinSLC Quote
Actually, it's "Screen Release". (Ducks for cover, Exits stage left)
07-22-2020, 09:54 PM   #186
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by alfa75ts Quote
Actually, it's "Screen Release". (Ducks for cover, Exits stage left)
That's quite a hand grenade you rolled into the room before running down the corridor, Craig!

BTW, that's three Melbourners and a Canberran in this thread just then. We need to somehow meet up when things get less crazy.

Last edited by clackers; 07-22-2020 at 10:00 PM.
07-22-2020, 09:57 PM   #187
Veteran Member

Just Hold A Pentax” revisited*. It’s a long-term corporate value, but you have to be fairly old to know that - it was the advertising slogan in the sixties.

* the SV referenced in the linked article is silky smoth and has a sublime shutter. I will always hang onto both of mine and one or two Takumars just so I can take an SV out for a walk now and then.
Maybe Pentax should re-introduce that slogan. The cameras are designed to fit well in the photographer's hands.

---------- Post added 23-07-20 at 07:06 ----------

I also asked. My guess to turn off SR for video without needing to menu dive. Otherwise for tripod without needing to use the LCD Info Screen.
I actually put the SR off function to the Raw/Fx1 button on my K-1 so I can switch it off quickly. So I find this idea quite nice. (Yes, I know there is the option wheel but I use this for other options).

Looking to the K-new, I find something else a bit strange. The camera has this extra wheel for switching between photo, video and remote (or what is this third option?). On K.-1 and KP you have those extra options where you can change ISO, +/- etc. I wonder why they went away from that.

07-22-2020, 10:09 PM   #188
Pentaxian

Any suggestion or imagination about price and megapixel number
07-22-2020, 10:11 PM - 1 Like   #189
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
We need to somehow meet up when things get less crazy.
I should have the new camera by then or perhaps the New II
07-22-2020, 10:14 PM - 1 Like   #190
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dstar Quote
Any suggestion or imagination about price and megapixel number
No, this was not a product release. Just a development update, and a fireside chat - irrelevant to some, but revealing to others, including the thought behind some of their design choices. But they'll release those details before you have the chance to preorder.

An example was the shutter button. Even though they're striving for a two memory card flagship to be as small as usefully possible, they went for the bigger K-1/645Z style mechanism. It has better haptics, so there's a joy to its feedback and action, instead of lifting up a phone in front of your face and touching it.

Another reminder that taking pictures with a mechanical device used to be fun, and this is a brand with a 100 year heritage.
07-22-2020, 10:15 PM   #191
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dstar Quote
and megapixel number
My impression from the video is "about the same", so 24-26ish.
07-22-2020, 10:44 PM   #192
Pentaxian

So when will the complete specs will be revealed? Movable screen is important for my use case.

Cool approach for delivering the camera features. Very different.

Wait and see mode.
07-22-2020, 10:46 PM   #193
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BROO Quote
Why an SR button?
There can be several reason, like having a choose of different SR modes, or it is just For: SR ON/OFF. For example on my K-1 has SR on that top wheel and you use third wheel to activate or deactivate it.
07-22-2020, 10:50 PM - 3 Likes   #194
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The price refers to the launch price of the same level model:
D500 2000$
7D2 1799$
XH1 1900$
07-22-2020, 10:53 PM - 2 Likes   #195
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by alfa75ts Quote
My impression from the video is "about the same", so 24-26ish.
Sorry may be I to conservative Can you explaining to me why camera need video option
From my point view we have super nice video camcorder May be more reasonable add more another option vs video.
Closed Thread