Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2020, 01:11 PM - 2 Likes   #301
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
...Plug-ins (including third party) that allow a deep connection between the camera and the smartphone.
Therefore, an articulating screen would not be necessary, almost redundant. You have the screen on your phone - the exact same as the Theta.
They want you to use your smartphone with your camera. Encouraging it.
That would work... if it comes with an extra pair of hands to hold the phone while your built-in hands hold the camera

07-23-2020, 01:12 PM   #302
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
We're not allowed to fully express ourselves using slang or bold words - it upsets some but we get his drift and can substitute various verbs and adjectives!
No TC, buy Knew. No FF telephoto, buy Knew. Not much news why not get Knew.
07-23-2020, 01:13 PM   #303
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I should try that out on my K-3, just to see if it's workable solution, although a hot shoe mount for the top of the camera would be big plus if it's good. Believe it or not, my Flu card is still in the camera after all these years.
Have you tried it with your K-1. Tethering with phone? That works. File transfer is not so fluent, but it should be good in future. I’v used my phone and my iPad with my K-1 for tethered shots. It could be better, but it actually does work. Good thing is that it even work from quite far away( I’v used it for selfie too, with camera on tripod and me at scenery.)
07-23-2020, 01:15 PM   #304
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
That would work... if it comes with an extra pair of hands
although I see your point, the Theta doesn't come with an extra pair of hands either

---------- Post added 07-23-20 at 02:17 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Have you tried it with your K-1. Tethering with phone? That works. File transfer is not so fluent
I've tried it with my K-S2 and Image Sync... the Z1 connection and the Theta app are much better.

07-23-2020, 01:24 PM - 1 Like   #305
Pentaxian

although I see your point, the Theta doesn't come with an extra pair of hands either

---------- Post added 07-23-20 at 02:17 PM ----------

I've tried it with my K-S2 and Image Sync... the Z1 connection and the Theta app are much better.
I hope they have learned from Z1! And why would they not have..
07-23-2020, 01:25 PM   #306
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
The silver K-New with the black DA 20-40 has an interesting aesthetic... a bit 1990's, but also a little blingy while still looking functional. It's pushing the right buttons for me.
Funny, I'd chose the opposite: black camera and silver lens as was the case in F* and FA* era.
07-23-2020, 01:26 PM   #307
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Funny, I'd chose the opposite: black camera and silver lens as was the case in F* and FA* era.
THIS. The FA 77 in silver looks oh so gorgeous on the black K-1. I don't know if it's the 77 being generally a pretty lady and enthralling me or the combination itself, but hey .

07-23-2020, 01:45 PM - 1 Like   #308
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
They want you to use your smartphone with your camera. Encouraging it.
A smartphone has better image quality than any tilting screen and can be used more comfortably, but one has to get familiar with the camera movements. Coordinating what one sees on the smartphone with what one has to do in order to change the camera's position is not easy.
Almost like using a rear car videocamera to maneuver in a parking.
Besides that, the possibility to put the phone wherever one wants is a big plus.
07-23-2020, 01:45 PM - 1 Like   #309
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
THIS. The FA 77 in silver looks oh so gorgeous on the black K-1. I don't know if it's the 77 being generally a pretty lady and enthralling me or the combination itself, but hey .
Doesn't anyone want to collect the whole set?

You could accessorize your camera to go with what you're wearing that day.
07-23-2020, 02:07 PM   #310
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Doesn't anyone want to collect the whole set?

You could accessorize your camera to go with what you're wearing that day.
Send me the funds and we'll talk...
There's a low serial MIJ 43 that might go under 250 but it's black and I'm turning into a fashion victim so I might pass
07-23-2020, 02:11 PM   #311
Pentaxian

Send me the funds and we'll talk...
There's a low serial MIJ 43 that might go under 250 but it's black and I'm turning into a fashion victim so I might pass
This is when if we lived closer we could work out a deal. You buy the silver, I'll buy the black, each morning we'll have coffee and decide who gets what that day.
07-23-2020, 02:25 PM   #312
Pentaxian

If the K-New allows for smartphone tethering that transfers automatically a small JPEG without ImageSync failing half a dozen times and refusing to even tether another two or three, it would make it very cool.
I can't believe the bar is that low, though
I tried the latest imagesync and it works quite well. My experience had been worse than negative for a long time, and i was pleasantly surprised.
07-23-2020, 02:26 PM - 11 Likes   #313
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

In reading through the thread it seems that the biggest lament is that there is going to be no tilt screen. What a disastrous omission.
Just imagine what Adams, Maplethorpe, Leibovitz, et al could have accomplished if only their cameras had tilt screens!
Pity, really.
07-23-2020, 02:29 PM   #314
Loyal Site Supporter

I should try that out on my K-3, just to see if it's workable solution, although a hot shoe mount for the top of the camera would be big plus if it's good. Believe it or not, my Flu card is still in the camera after all these years.
I hadn't tried it in years Norm since "back in the day" it was a horrid app, but when I got the K1 I gave it another chance. It works surprisingly well now. I think it's actually a viable solution for many of the use cases where you might be wanting a flippy screen or using on tripod for remote operation.
07-23-2020, 02:30 PM - 2 Likes   #315
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Looking through me Z1, I notice that the Z1 can receive the smartphone's GPS coordinates and tags the images.

Furthering my guess that the K-New is going to be a Z1 in a K-Mount...

I wonder if the new flagship won't have built-in GPS.

I wonder if the new flagship will be able to use a smartphone's GPS to do AstroTracer (like to O-GPS1)?
Closed Thread