Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2020, 06:30 PM   #451
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
My goodness we've had 10 plus pages of does it or does it not have a tilt screen.
When it arrives we will know.
Then .... start ... complaining either way.
Have a nice day.

Dave
I think that history repeats itself.

(I have vague memories of quite fruitful? arguments having to do with the presence/absence of a flippy screen and the meaning of a tiny dimple in the lower corner of the screen).

07-25-2020, 06:37 PM   #452
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I guess its a matter of .. (those that don't learn from history are bound to repeat it ).

The same happens on this very forum.

Dave
07-25-2020, 07:02 PM   #453
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Yep.
07-25-2020, 09:16 PM   #454

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
My guess with the lack of flippy screen was either (1) Trying to keep the cost down to a certain level and they felt that the flippy screen would push it past the point that they could sell the camera well. (2) Trying to keep size down. (3) The thrust of this camera is a new and beautiful OVF that users will love using so why put a flippy screen on at all?

I actually think it is about cost and that this camera is going to be 1700 or 1800 dollars at a minimum on release. Adding a flippy screen might push it up higher than a K-1 II sells for and that wouldn't be ideal.
I agree with 1, 2 and 3 although I think they still should make it with some kind of articulating screen.
Regarding cost, if it can't compete with the CaNikon APS-C dslr lineup, almost all under $1400, good luck, Pentax.

07-25-2020, 10:10 PM   #455
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by larryaustin3 Quote
Regarding cost, if it can't compete with the CaNikon APS-C dslr lineup, almost all under $1400, good luck, Pentax.
Hahahaha
Sure, sure... And make the coffee too.
07-25-2020, 10:11 PM - 2 Likes   #456
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by alfa75ts Quote
I think would have preferred that they sent that 10% to the focus sensor.
I think you'll be surprised.
07-25-2020, 10:21 PM   #457
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
I think you'll be surprised.
That would be nice.

07-25-2020, 10:49 PM - 2 Likes   #458
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree with 1, 2 and 3 although I think they still should make it with some kind of articulating screen.
I guess it depends on what your criteria is. The KP already decently competes with CaNikon's top-end DLSR's, if the KP's feature set aligns with your needs.

If features like IBIS, Pixel Shift, Astrotracer (with the optional accessory) are important, only Pentax is giving you that in a DSLR.

If video and faster, more sophisticated AF are important, then CaNikon is the way to go.

The K-New might not provide better video, but there have been rumblings that the AF will be very competitive.
07-25-2020, 11:19 PM - 2 Likes   #459
Pentaxian

My goodness we've had 10 plus pages of does it or does it not have a tilt screen.
Have a nice day.

Dave
There should be separate thread for complaining and mourning about lack of my favourite thing(flippy screen in this case) in this camera. And why it does not work for me, and there fore for you. -thread at the forums. One for each item and highlighted one for new models, which will come in couple months out. And get all that sorted..
07-25-2020, 11:49 PM   #460
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
Maybe there is an optional EVF like Visoflex for Leica, which works not too bad. I’ll be cool with that.
Could be indeed a cool option. Has anyone seen the hotshoe uncovered, if it offers an interface?
07-26-2020, 12:34 AM - 3 Likes   #461
Pentaxian

I'm sure Canon's new APS-C flagship will trounce the Pentax... oh, wait...
07-26-2020, 01:36 AM   #462
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I think Mr sasaki needs a lie down

And I now need to find a buyer for my major organs! I need to raise the cash to get a K-new

One thing I liked is that the viewfinder adjustment is like the K3 and not like the KP. Its strange what floats your boat lol
Don’t worry, there’s still plenty of time before it hits the shelves.
07-26-2020, 03:23 AM - 1 Like   #463
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It doesn't have to compete with Nikon and Canon. It is for the owners of K-mount lenses and what they are willing to pay.....
07-26-2020, 04:21 AM   #464
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have a nice day.

Dave
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
There should be separate thread for complaining and mourning about lack of my favourite thing(flippy screen in this case) in this camera. And why it does not work for me, and there fore for you. -thread at the forums. One for each item and highlighted one for new models, which will come in couple months out. And get all that sorted..
I think we’re all so sensitised to complaints here, that we tend to see them in comments that aren’t really complaints. What I’ve read in this thread is mostly people wondering about the rear screen or declaring that the absence of a movable one is a negative. Some have declared it a deal-breaker, others have said they don’t care.

Anyone who thinks this has been one long moan hasn’t been paying close enough attention. However, there are several much more important issues here than how many are complaining: how many of us posting here are really in the market for a new APS-C body; and how many are more likely than not to buy this one? The rest is just fluff.
07-26-2020, 04:35 AM   #465
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I'm sure Canon's new APS-C flagship will trounce the Pentax... oh, wait...
Canon had stopped Canon 5D Mark V project and never launch this camera. As for 7D Mark III - I think it won't ever be.
As for Nikon D7500's replacement - I'm not sure that it could compete with "K-2". To say honest, I think D7500 could be last camera of D7*** series...
Closed Thread