Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2020, 04:44 AM - 1 Like   #466
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Canon had stopped Canon 5D Mark V project and never launch this camera. As for 7D Mark III - I think it won't ever be.
As for Nikon D7500's replacement - I'm not sure that it could compete with "K-2". To say honest, I think D7500 could be last camera of D7*** series...
Yes, precisely. Canon's APS-C camera line is "almost all under $1400" because Canon stopped competing in this area.
The 7D Mk II? It's a 2014 camera, and it was launched for $1800.

07-26-2020, 05:57 AM - 3 Likes   #467
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The camera will be what it will be.

Still doesn't stop threads like this going on .... and on ..... and on ....

though does it.
07-26-2020, 06:24 AM - 8 Likes   #468
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
Still doesn't stop threads like this going on .... and on ..... and on ....

though does it.
On the plus side; this one has been uncommonly cordial and on topic for a News and Rumors thread.
07-26-2020, 07:48 AM - 2 Likes   #469
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
uncommonly cordial
"We don't take too kindly to your comment around here..."

"...You tell em skeeter!"

07-26-2020, 08:03 AM - 8 Likes   #470
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went back and watched the interview video again.

I have to say, I find it to be a calm, polite, and, as @clackers mentioned, endearing exchange -- that's the word. This is not an 'in your face' sales pitch -- it's clear that the product planning manager is proud of their achievements, and is happy to chat about the new camera (within bounds, of course). At one point, while talking about the development of the pentaprism and viewfinder, he says "I feel that my dream has finally come true." A nice personal touch.

Having managed research and development groups and programs, I can imagine that the Ricoh Imaging teams are looking forward to the release and production of their 'baby'. I'm sure that the teams have worked through many design trade-offs, reviews, debates (some hot, perhaps), and final agreements. It's nice to have some insight into their team and design process, as we've seen in the three recent video presentations.

For a while, I also followed some of the comments at DPReview. Roughly 60-70% of the comments are positive. As expected, the naysayers seem to be largely sniping and snarky, but several Pentax Forum members have provided some sensible rebuttals. Regrettably, DPR chose to highlight the silver-coloured versions, which attracted a considerable number of silly remarks.

The more I think about the new camera, the more I'm interested in it.

So, those are my Sunday-morning thoughts.

- Craig
07-26-2020, 09:07 AM - 1 Like   #471

I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise regarding the screen. Not that they will put a flippy screen on it, or a touch screen. But they'll have some "pair to my phone" function, so you can use your phone or tablet as a secondary screen. Maybe even include a hotshoe phone mount (or sell a 100th Anniversary Pentax hotshoe phone mount for $$$$ hahaha).

Anyway, if "no flippy screen" is the worst thing about the camera, I'm guessing they did a lot of things right.

For me, I like to shoot birds. For me to buy this body (and stay with Pentax) it's about FPS and buffer size. The 7D Mk II is 6 years old now - the 2020 Pentax APSC Flagship should at least keep up with the 2014 Canon APSC Flagship.
07-26-2020, 08:46 PM - 3 Likes   #472
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by alfa75ts Quote
I think would have preferred that they sent that 10% to the focus sensor.
The Cameraville guy said that in a video, hoping that it would result in the files being slightly brighter than they are now by default.

He later claimed he was only joking.

07-26-2020, 08:51 PM - 4 Likes   #473
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
The Cameraville guy said that in a video, hoping that it would result in the files being slightly brighter than they are now by default.

He later claimed he was only joking.
Joking is an adequate description of his performance and analysis over the past few weeks. I hope he enjoys Fuji and the mirrorless experience he is looking for.
07-26-2020, 09:11 PM - 2 Likes   #474
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
Joking is an adequate description of his performance and analysis over the past few weeks. I hope he enjoys Fuji and the mirrorless experience he is looking for.
Given he spent a year saying Fujis were crappy compared to Pentaxes, this is an interesting, ill-advised pivot.

He better hope their fans have short memories.
07-26-2020, 09:48 PM   #475
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Given he spent a year saying Fujis were crappy compared to Pentaxes, this is an interesting, ill-advised pivot.

No chance of that with the internet.
07-27-2020, 01:56 AM - 2 Likes   #476
Pentaxian

For this, i unsubscribed.
I'm a weathervane hater
07-27-2020, 02:02 AM   #477
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
For this, i unsubscribed.
I'm a weathervane hater
I am assuming you unsubscribed to the Youtube channel, not this thread or Pentax Forum
07-27-2020, 02:59 AM - 1 Like   #478
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
I am assuming you unsubscribed to the Youtube channel, not this thread or Pentax Forum
I assume that too And I unsubscribed from Camerville too. But I can still look and make rude comments there, and in fact Cameraville has spent more time talking about Pentax than about the brands he is supposed to have switched to - first Nikon and then Fuji, although he seems to have deleted the video where he said he was switching to Nikon .
07-27-2020, 03:19 AM - 1 Like   #479
Pentaxian

I admit some of his work was interesting.
But hey, if he prefers audience to consistance i'm passing my way.
07-27-2020, 04:07 AM - 1 Like   #480
Pentaxian

Li said it himself. It was written on wall. When he bashed the Pentax 70-200 his ratings went up. I'm not a fan of Youtube but he said that google removed some sort of rating he had when he was pro Pentax. This google rating came back when he bashed Pentax. Whatever that rating is, I don't know.

But in fairness to him he said he's shifting his channel to Nikon and not bash Pentax. Well that's something we'll find out after the K-new comes out.
Closed Thread