Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2020, 04:58 PM   #586
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
No, I mean for me about half the time the remote shutter function works... But it doesn't show anything on the smartphone! I can change settings and shoot, but it's just a black screen.

For transferring, eh, a small (11 MP) JPG file takes anywhere between 30 and 45 seconds, roughly. My main gripe is that some days ImageSync will decide not to perform any function the right way and there's nothing I can do about it. When it works, well, it works.

07-30-2020, 04:59 PM - 2 Likes   #587
dbs
Pentaxian

I find some of the ' issues ' raised interesting.
The new K will be a good camera.
Peoples expectations however are .......
If the camera market is falling of a ' cliff ' and all the whizz bang tech has done nothing to stop it.
So why should Pentax / Ricoh follow suit ?

Dave

Last edited by dbs; 07-30-2020 at 05:39 PM.
07-30-2020, 05:04 PM   #588
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BROO Quote
Well for the purpose of avoiding the use of an articulating screen it does work.
I took this photo just now without using an articulating screen . Just Image Sync

We might have to step up our millennial skills just a bit or risk becoming tweed
I'd prefer if I can have a herringbone design

I've only used Image Sync for trying to download files to an Ipad, it's just too slow. I'll have to admit that when I had a Sony their version of wifi transfer worked rather well.
07-30-2020, 05:09 PM - 2 Likes   #589
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BROO Quote
Well for the purpose of avoiding the use of an articulating screen it does work.
I took this photo just now without using an articulating screen . Just Image Sync

overhead (sitting down) manual focus green button.

We might have to step up our millennial skills just a bit or risk becoming tweed
Yeah, I mean, you can put the camera on a monopod and lift it high above your head, and align everything and take the pic on the phone. Doesn't have to be you holding the monopod, either.

07-30-2020, 05:12 PM - 1 Like   #590
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
No, I mean for me about half the time the remote shutter function works... But it doesn't show anything on the smartphone! I can change settings and shoot, but it's just a black screen.
I don't use Image Sync very often.
Maybe we should have an Image Sync thread for those who are regular users to contribute their knowledge? I just notice now that as soon as the camera goes to sleep the app does not seem to function. I had to wake the camera up.

I think a combination of user inexperience and maybe a clumsy app is causing frustration but the potential is there for Image Sync to be quite useful. e.g remote triggering.
07-30-2020, 05:13 PM - 1 Like   #591
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yeah, I mean, you can put the camera on a monopod and lift it high above your head, and align everything and take the pic on the phone. Doesn't have to be you holding the monopod, either.
There's a great idea I hadn't thought of. Sort of a virtual hyper-flippy screen!

Last edited by c.a.m; 07-30-2020 at 06:05 PM.
07-30-2020, 06:56 PM - 2 Likes   #592
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
There's a great idea I hadn't thought of. Sort of a virtual hyper-flippy screen!
Sure. And did you know it's touch focus?

All very well holding a camera with a flippy screen below your knees and away from your head, but composition and focus point start to present challenges.

07-30-2020, 07:02 PM - 2 Likes   #593
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Sure. And did you know it's touch focus?

All very well holding a camera with a flippy screen below your knees and away from your head, but composition and focus point start to present challenges.
As does maintaining one's dignity.
07-30-2020, 07:11 PM - 1 Like   #594
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
As does maintaining one's dignity.
Yes, it can end up looking like you're playing a game of Twister. And losing.
07-30-2020, 08:35 PM - 1 Like   #595
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, it can end up looking like you're playing a game of Twister. And losing.
Doesn't everyone lose at Twister?
07-30-2020, 08:38 PM - 1 Like   #596
Pentaxian

Sure, and we can also do that now. It means a one-handed grip on both the camera and the phone, and extra time to set up and then maybe miss the shot. I hope they put the new sensor into a KPII- I'll buy that for sure.
07-30-2020, 08:51 PM   #597
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote

For transferring, eh, a small (11 MP) JPG file takes anywhere between 30 and 45 seconds, roughly. My main gripe is that some days ImageSync will decide not to perform any function the right way and there's nothing I can do about it. When it works, well, it works.
It helps to clear your smartphone resident apps first (double click Home Button, swipe resident app pages upward to close). Thst is similar to cleaing the cache in a Windows machine.Restarting the phone also works.

This is not an Image Sync issue.
07-30-2020, 10:58 PM - 6 Likes   #598
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Doesn't everyone lose at Twister?
I remember as a young single bloke often playing twister with some very nice girls. You would get all tangled up with them, then they would fall on top me, so I would be flattened under them.

I never considered that losing
07-31-2020, 12:34 AM   #599
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
It helps to clear your smartphone resident apps first (double click Home Button, swipe resident app pages upward to close). Thst is similar to cleaing the cache in a Windows machine.Restarting the phone also works.

This is not an Image Sync issue.
No, it doesn't help. Neither clearing app cache nor restarting does anything. When it decides not to work it doesn't work.

Edit: here is how it looks. It focuses, it shoots, it just doesn't show the LV so it's useless. I'll try reinstalling the app but, frankly, it's too much work for something that ought to just work.
Attached Images

Last edited by Serkevan; 07-31-2020 at 12:58 AM.
07-31-2020, 12:45 AM - 3 Likes   #600
JPT
Pentaxian

Has anyone noticed that Ricoh has made a specific page to gather updates on the new APS-C camera? It's available in English.

Product stories of new K-mount APS-C DSLR flagship camera | RICOH IMAGING

There is a new article today by Shigeru Wakashiro. It's basically what he said about the viewfinder in the video, but it is only "Vol.1", so we can expect some more articles about it.

https://pentaxofficial.com/en/5848/
Closed Thread