Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2020, 01:18 AM   #601
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Image sync app seems to have update.. and it will probably improve even further..I just tried it again with my iPhone7 and K-1. Just a little lag. Transferring a DNG even works, it just takes about one minute. So JPG should be better. And with iPhone it has 2.1.1 vers. Even ‘green’button works and I can adjust everything. Tapping the screen does give you similar AF as it give to you in LV(as it is LV). Ofcourse MF works too. So what is the problem..?

Last edited by repaap; 07-31-2020 at 01:39 AM.
07-31-2020, 01:47 AM - 2 Likes   #602
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Anybody seen this..
Product Stories of New APS-C Vol.1 (Wakashiro) | PENTAX official
07-31-2020, 04:36 AM   #603
Veteran Member

/mmmmmmm!
07-31-2020, 04:42 AM   #604
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kenn100D Quote
Nice one thank you.

07-31-2020, 04:48 AM - 2 Likes   #605
Forum Member

It seems to be very similar to the Pentax K3(-II) when you lighten the shadows of the image which shows the camera on that webpage.
07-31-2020, 06:46 AM   #606
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
No, it doesn't help. Neither clearing app cache nor restarting does anything. When it decides not to work it doesn't work.

Edit: here is how it looks. It focuses, it shoots, it just doesn't show the LV so it's useless. I'll try reinstalling the app but, frankly, it's too much work for something that ought to just work.
Weird. I use an Apple phone and I’ve never seen that. I use the app fairly often to shoot from tripod (KP and K-1).
07-31-2020, 06:59 AM   #607
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
I'm hoping that they have improved the buffer clearance dramatically or they have figured out a way to keep the camera going without any lockups & full functionality while the buffer clears. I hate it when the camera locks up as the buffer clears & can't take pictures and/or change settings.
The good thing is that the camera doesn't allow to take more pictures, but doesn't lock either. You can dive in menu, change settings and so on.

---------- Post added 31st Jul 2020 at 04:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
I've always thought that too but I'm nearly certain I read a vetted comparison yesterday that said it mostly not true and explained why. I'm trying to go back in my history to find it.

Edit:
Found it
Is there a performance penalty by using dual cards in a camera? - Photography Stack Exchange
More of a discussion than findings and FWIW various stipulations such as identical cards in each slot, UHS-2 v. UHS-1...
that's how it's supposed to work. My K1 certainly doesn't follow this. It takes more time to clear a buffer when dual cards with RAW files are in work.

07-31-2020, 07:16 AM - 1 Like   #608
Veteran Member

Probably this is the prism patent.

US Patent for Finder optical system Patent (Patent # 10,634,975 issued April 28, 2020) - Justia Patents Search
Patent number: 10634975
07-31-2020, 07:54 AM - 2 Likes   #609
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
There is a new article today by Shigeru Wakashiro. It's basically what he said about the viewfinder in the video, but it is only "Vol.1", so we can expect some more articles about it.
It's great to see another confirmation that Ricoh still even has Asahi, let alone Pentax, staff on the books!
07-31-2020, 08:11 AM   #610
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is it just me, or does the grip look to be not as deep as the K-3's?
07-31-2020, 08:20 AM - 1 Like   #611
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
It looks deeper than the KP but not quite as deep as the K-70. I know that's not exactly what you were asking but I thought the K3 and K-70 had close to identical grip depths

Edit: Confirmed that both K3(II) and K70 have the same practical grip depth
https://camerasize.com/compare/#619,677
https://camerasize.com/compare/#619,706
07-31-2020, 08:37 AM - 4 Likes   #612
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Weird. I use an Apple phone and I’ve never seen that. I use the app fairly often to shoot from tripod (KP and K-1).
So I got interested in trying to troubleshoot the problem (reinstalling did not help, either).

After diving1 into the User Guide at Ricoh's webpage... there's a solution. It's Composition Adjustment. If it's turned on, LV does not transmit to the phone, period. This happens whether you shift the sensor or not, so I guess it's a software interaction issue that Ricoh hasn't managed to address yet... for the K-1. For the KP it works, so I suppose we'll never see a fix so the mid-range body has better functionality than the flagship, cool .

Guess what setting I have turned on because I typically only use LV when I might need composition adjustment
The thing is that it does not give you any indication in the app itself, which obviously makes you scratch your head thinking "wait, it recognizes the screen touches, camera focuses, I can see the settings changing in the camera, whaaaat is goooinng onnnnnn? ".

1: You have to go to "Functional Explanation -> K-1/K-1ii/K-70/K-S2 -> Capture Mode", then scroll to the bottom and see the small print where it reads: "In case of PENTAX K-1 Mark II/K-1, Live View monitor is not displayed when [Composition Adjust] is ON". This is in stark contrast with the default display for the KP... where Comp. Adj. is prominently featured
07-31-2020, 08:39 AM - 1 Like   #613
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
It looks deeper than the KP but not quite as deep as the K-70.
Too bad, I understand they are going for mega compact stylin' but one feature I'm not fond of on my K-S2 and K-5 was the average grip size. I got big hands and would appreciate more to hang onto. I will be getting the battery grip with the K-New so that should relieve my problem there...
07-31-2020, 08:44 AM - 1 Like   #614
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
Too bad, I understand they are going for mega compact stylin' but one feature I'm not fond of on my K-S2 and K-5 was the average grip size. I got big hands and would appreciate more to hang onto. I will be getting the battery grip with the K-New so that should relieve my problem there...
I was already very happy with the K-7's grip but the K-1 is substantially chunkier. All fingers resting nicely without cramming!
07-31-2020, 12:21 PM - 2 Likes   #615
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
Well we ARE guessing. I don't think the dimensions have been detailed yet. "Too Bad" might be a little early.
Closed Thread