Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2020, 11:20 AM - 1 Like   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by phoebus Quote
Well it doesn't fold into the mount, does it ?

07-30-2020, 11:31 AM - 1 Like   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Well it doesn't fold into the mount, does it ?
The point was that you can have WR and RE, contrary to the position that I quoted. And the GR lens mount is buried in the body - there's no mirror to hit. I'm fairly sure that the engineers at Ricoh could find a way of making a WR version of the GR, given time and money. Though I'm happy if they wait until after the Knew and K1next are out...
07-30-2020, 11:35 AM   #33
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
I'm not saying you want Fuji, I'm just saying you just described it.

So in your mind, there is no difference between a dslr lens, and a retractable lens?
no difference between any camera's body...

I don't talk about retractable weather sealed lens....only about camera's body now...if they could make weather sealed retractable lens too - it would be good
WR of body is additional protection from dust and moisture
07-30-2020, 11:37 AM   #34
ogl
Banned

The problem is not the body but the lens.
I could be satisfied with body only...

07-30-2020, 11:51 AM - 1 Like   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I could be satisfied with body only...
But why would the GR IV be marketed as WR (o rAW) if only the body is and not the lens.
07-30-2020, 11:52 AM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by phoebus Quote
The point was that you can have WR and RE, contrary to the position that I quoted. And the GR lens mount is buried in the body - there's no mirror to hit. I'm fairly sure that the engineers at Ricoh could find a way of making a WR version of the GR, given time and money. Though I'm happy if they wait until after the Knew and K1next are out...
Mmm maybe but retracting to a more compact lens or rectracting into the body (and 'import' the moisture ?) ?
I just can't imagine how they'd do.
07-30-2020, 11:53 AM   #37
Veteran Member

no difference between any camera's body...

I don't talk about retractable weather sealed lens....only about camera's body now...if they could make weather sealed retractable lens too - it would be good
WR of body is additional protection from dust and moisture
but what is the point of the body being weather-sealed, but the lens isn't? There's still a point of entrance for moisture and dust. If there's a point of entrance, they can't legally give it a WR/AW or any other water resistance specification, or they're opening themselves up to a lawsuit.

07-30-2020, 12:22 PM   #38
ogl
Banned

But why would the GR IV be marketed as WR (o rAW) if only the body is and not the lens.
All DSLR are WR cameras with big hole inside...
07-30-2020, 12:24 PM   #39
ogl
Banned

but what is the point of the body being weather-sealed, but the lens isn't? There's still a point of entrance for moisture and dust. If there's a point of entrance, they can't legally give it a WR/AW or any other water resistance specification, or they're opening themselves up to a lawsuit.
You put FA limited to weather sealed body and it doesn't confuse you, right?
07-30-2020, 12:57 PM - 1 Like   #40
Veteran Member

You put FA limited to weather sealed body and it doesn't confuse you, right?
but you can take the FA limited off the weather-sealed body, stick a weather-sealed lens, and have a weather-sealed combo. You can't take the lens off GR, hence if you can't call it WR while having the lens non-WR. Makes sense?
07-30-2020, 01:09 PM   #41
Pentaxian

but you can take the FA limited off the weather-sealed body, stick a weather-sealed lens, and have a weather-sealed combo. You can't take the lens off GR, hence if you can't call it WR while having the lens non-WR. Makes sense?
It does. To me at least xD
07-30-2020, 01:23 PM - 1 Like   #42
Pentaxian

Most GR wishlists are from people who shouldn't use GR cameras and would be better served by other brands.

I understand those who want the flash back.
07-30-2020, 01:29 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
Most GR wishlists are from people who shouldn't use GR cameras and would be better served by other brands.

I understand those who want the flash back.
I liked the gr2 flash as well.. I'm thinking of picking up the lightpix q20 flash, probably the smallest and most convenient option to have that flash back)
07-31-2020, 02:39 AM   #44
ogl
Banned

I can explain my wish about sealing of GR - I think that sealed camera could be more protected from dust than common one.
08-01-2020, 07:56 AM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All DSLR are WR cameras with big hole inside...
They are... as long as you have a WR lens mounted. Otherwise the camera is explicitly not sealed.

The GR series could potentially be WR but it would be fairly difficult. The required seals would certainly increase the friction a fair bit.